Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why they cant just infect healthy people with a really small amount of the virus then? I'd take a small case if it meant getting our lives back.
That's basically how most (not all) vaccines work. Hopefully in pharmacies near all of us soon.

I don't know what he died of, but, boy, did that guy age fast.

I saw a short video clip of him a few years ago and it had looked like he aged 30 years in 5. Really striking.

I always like him as an actor. He had a real way of expressing his internal emotions on the screen, a bit like Gene Hackman or even Marlon Brando. That's an art that not all actors have.
He was a big guy physically. Remember when ESPN made that movie about Bobby Knight and Brian played coach Knight? It was a really bad tv/movie production. It came out when Alford was coaching at Iowa and they had an actor portray him as well. I remember in that movie when IU played at Carver and the Iowa fans in the movie chanted "good night Bobby Knight."

920x920.jpg

He was a big guy physically. Remember when ESPN made that movie about Bobby Knight and Brian played coach Knight? It was a really bad tv/movie production. It came out when Alford was coaching at Iowa and they had an actor portray him as well. I remember in that movie when IU played at Carver and the Iowa fans in the movie chanted "good night Bobby Knight."

920x920.jpg
I've seen him is several things, but never saw that.

Off the top of my head, First Blood, Gorky Park, Tommy Boy, Silverado (terrific western BTW). There also was a Vietnam war movie where he played a sergeant (of course). I think it was called Rumor of War.

I wonder why they cant just infect healthy people with a really small amount of the virus then? I'd take a small case if it meant getting our lives back.

Good point but it is as much a case of ethics if you kill someone doing that. Research like this on live humans who are healthy is very tricky. Now when you have people who are pretty ill or very ill who will probably die like with cancer patients then it is easier to get experimental trials permitted. Smallpox was one of the first deadly diseases where they used a sharp lancet needle with virus on it to slightly cut a person's arm and introduce the virus to promote immunity.

But the story with smallpox is interesting in that the Doctor Jenner who did the smallpox vaccination first noticed that milk maids who milked the cows did not catch smallpox which is pretty infectious or the maids got a minor case of smallpox. Not sure if cows showed cowpox but basically Jenner thought the maids were getting an immunity from the cows. Jenner would take puss from a sore on a maid and cut it into well people and they were immune. it was much later that cowpox and smallpox were identified as viruses in the same family of viruses.

I am sure researchers are trying to used killed covid 19 virus or weakened, attenuated virus as the two main ways a vaccine is created.

I said at one time I wondered how many people who thought they were really healthy would choose to get a light exposure of covid to so called 'get it over with". I would like to get it over with getting the virus but man that 15-20 of people who get it bad or die does not sound like good odds.

We were camped at Governor Dodge State Park when Barneveld got hit. Very scary, but we were ok. Saw the devastation later. Wow.

It's terrible camping when severe weather hits. Was at Peninsula maybe tens years ago during a tornado warning. Lightning destroyed a nearby tree

Here's a good read on Jim Brown LINK

and another one LINK
So your point is? Like a lot of pro athletes, he's no angel. You can't deny he still commands a ton of respect in the African American community. All politics aside, the fact he now supports Trump and Trump is willing to work with him for improving conditions in that community can't be dismissed. Like Hilary says, "it takes a village".

So your point is? Like a lot of pro athletes, he's no angel. You can't deny he still commands a ton of respect in the African American community. All politics aside, the fact he now supports Trump and Trump is willing to work with him for improving conditions in that community can't be dismissed. Like Hilary says, "it takes a village".

Yeah. He's a sweetheart just like the president. Great guys.

I'm pretty sure that I've come up with a home made vaccine for the Coronavirus. Does anyone here want to be my experimental test lab rat?

Zombie-Brain-Shot-1-800x1198.jpg

So Musk tweets a list of New York hospitals in response to California. Musk is no rocket scientist that's for sure...wait...he is. Well, he's a strange rocket scientist then. Everyone likes to talk crap about California...but you have to marvel at the way they have handled this pandemic. They are leading and putting people first at every turn. They didn't wait around for Trump to figure it out either. They negotiated their own deals overseas for PPE...and are going to help other states. The Golden State to Trump...Up yours. Now they are working on solving the testing needs...which I assume...they will do.

I guess being liberal isn't all bad despite what you hear on Fox about the anarchy that's happening in the state. I can't wait to hear what Fox says now that Newsome is giving undocumented immigrants $500 each for virus relief. That's going to cause some heads to explode...LOL.

I'm pretty sure that I've come up with a home made vaccine for the Coronavirus. Does anyone here want to be my experimental test lab rat?

Zombie-Brain-Shot-1-800x1198.jpg

This is truly a beautiful thing. It’s perfect. It is the great answer to our problem with this flu bacteria and you will find out I am the one who discovered it because I have great intuition. I really understand this stuff. Many people have told me they think I am a genius.

So Musk tweets a list of New York hospitals in response to California. Musk is no rocket scientist that's for sure...wait...he is. Well, he's a strange rocket scientist then. Everyone likes to talk crap about California...but you have to marvel at the way they have handled this pandemic. They are leading and putting people first at every turn. They didn't wait around for Trump to figure it out either. They negotiated their own deals overseas for PPE...and are going to help other states. The Golden State to Trump...Up yours. Now they are working on solving the testing needs...which I assume...they will do.

I guess being liberal isn't all bad despite what you hear on Fox about the anarchy that's happening in the state. I can't wait to hear what Fox says now that Newsome is giving undocumented immigrants $500 each for virus relief. That's going to cause some heads to explode...LOL.
You should move there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts