Anyone Here Under The Age Of 65 Going To Assville, TN And Paying Actual Money To Watch This Fiasco?

I have friends in Nashville and they love all the places for music. I get the impression that those places are not downtown, but rather all over town. Maybe ya just have to know the territory.
A lof of musicians do home shows too. But it costs a few dollars to hire top talent to come to your home for a show. then again these people have some serious $$

I'm trying to figure out how this thread became about colon issues.
Most are south of downtown.

I have friends in Nashville and they love all the places for music. I get the impression that those places are not downtown, but rather all over town. Maybe ya just have to know the territory.
A lof of musicians do home shows too. But it costs a few dollars to hire top talent to come to your home for a show. then again these people have some serious $$

Yeah. Needs it’s own thread.

For Christmas last year, my wife and I gave each other a real Tushy brand bidet attachment. I made sure to get it installed prior to my prep. Smart move on my part.
had to laugh. I used to take university groups to Ukraine. Rather than staying in hotels, we could get high end apartments in downtown Kyiv for less. We just arrived...13 of us. Most didn't know what those were. One older guy had to crap really bad. So he mistook things for a toilet. The funniest thing I would like to unremember.

He had a heck of a trip. Most of us got snow delayed in Chicago. He was supposed to meet us at JFK. He had no cell phone. Never been much out of Indiana and first trip abroad. We didn't make NYC. He arrived Kyiv. He was wandering around outside and got picked up by a random stranger who could tell he had no clue about anything and didn't speak English. Took him to the address on the paper. No English there. They let him in for some reason and he had to crap. Then he didn't know what to do with his load until we got there (we didn't know what to do either...or didn't want to know).

We kept him under wraps. After we left Kyiv he had to use this only not as clean or outhouses.

1670796031983.png

had to laugh. I used to take university groups to Ukraine. Rather than staying in hotels, we could get high end apartments in downtown Kyiv for less. We just arrived...13 of us. Most didn't know what those were. One older guy had to crap really bad. So he mistook things for a toilet. The funniest thing I would like to unremember.

He had a heck of a trip. Most of us got snow delayed in Chicago. He was supposed to meet us at JFK. He had no cell phone. Never been much out of Indiana and first trip abroad. We didn't make NYC. He arrived Kyiv. He was wandering around outside and got picked up by a random stranger who could tell he had no clue about anything and didn't speak English. Took him to the address on the paper. No English there. They let him in for some reason and he had to crap. Then he didn't know what to do with his load until we got there (we didn't know what to do either...or didn't want to know).

We kept him under wraps. After we left Kyiv he had to use this only not as clean or outhouses.

View attachment 9646

I'm really confused as to how all of that works, I could have easily made the mistake your friend did.

I'm really confused as to how all of that works, I could have easily made the mistake your friend did.
I was harder to figure out how to clean it up. :)

It was a crazy trip. Another on the team went with the natives to a bar. They left at 3 am....without him. He was gone for 36 hours and we had no idea where he was. While he was missing the KGB visit came and the roughed up a local with us because they didn't know who we were. Then we broke the soccer stadium window.

As I've said before....Ukraine isn't this great place being bullied. It's terrible in many ways. Weird things happen overseas off the beaten path. In Manilla...no kidding..I got pushed out of an elevator by Imelda Marcos the shoe lady. The hotel lobby still had marks in the ceiling when the Govt drove a tank into the lobby to shoot up terrorists. My driver had his arm in a sling and a bandage with blood seeping thru from a shootout he'd had with kidnappers a few days before.

But the bidget was the scariest thing.

Because as Iowa f'ball fans, we've been takin' it up the --- all season long.

I kid because I care.

I'm due for the poo tube check this year. When you prep do you just sit on the can all day? Is it even worth wiping?

I'm 2 hours down the road and I don't think fighting Nashville traffic on NYE sounds like a good time either.. I'm just not a going to the game kinda guy anymore. It's not just the $ either it's all the time wrapped up into commuting being away from home. If given the choice to stay home with my dog instead that's where I lean these days. I like her more then people anyway.
I'm not a dog guy but I relate to the overall sentiment of your post!

Hawkfnntn said:

I'm 2 hours down the road and I don't think fighting Nashville traffic on NYE sounds like a good time either.. I'm just not a going to the game kinda guy anymore. It's not just the $ either it's all the time wrapped up into commuting being away from home. If given the choice to stay home with my dog instead that's where I lean these days. I like her more then people anyway.
I'm not a dog guy but I relate to the overall sentiment of your post!

Boy, I'm right there with both of you. I'd rather throw a chunk of meat on the smoker and babysit it all day at home then watch the game.

Once the 12 team playoff starts, do the lesser bowls continue as they have before? Does anything change?
There will be more teams to fill the current and any new bowl games that are created.

For example, teams from the WAC and ASUN, Southern Utah, Utah Tech, Abilene Christian, Stephen F Austin, Tarleton St, N Alabama, Central Arkansas, Austin Peay, and Eastern kentucky are petitioning the NCAA to become a FBS conference using the WACs former standing a an FBS conference. If successful, and i don't know why it wouldn't be, assuming half the conference can win 6 games, that's 4-5 more bowl eligible teams.

There will be more teams to fill the current and any new bowl games that are created.

For example, teams from the WAC and ASUN, Southern Utah, Utah Tech, Abilene Christian, Stephen F Austin, Tarleton St, N Alabama, Central Arkansas, Austin Peay, and Eastern kentucky are petitioning the NCAA to become a FBS conference using the WACs former standing a an FBS conference. If successful, and i don't know why it wouldn't be, assuming half the conference can win 6 games, that's 4-5 more bowl eligible teams.

Actually, I think there is a good chance that there will be bowl games decreasing in the upcoming years, secondary to the number of players opting out which will affect attendance. Companies will shy away from going all in and sponsoring bowl games if they are going to take a loss. They are so watered down now and many are becoming irrelevant.

I have not heard anything about Iowa's. Usually they announce trips/packages and state the number of tickets available. I have not heard how many are available or any estimate of fans going. It's been crickets. I pondered going, but am not with all the players including both QB's out. I'm not going to spend all that $$$ and deal with the hassle of going and dealing with all the people in a city on NY Eve. I think a lot of those bowls are gunna take a hit.

I also wonder when teams are going to decline going to them eventually because most times they actually lose $$ going to them. Time will tell.

I really don't see more games being added at this point. I see them decreasing, which would actually be good.

Actually, I think there is a good chance that there will be bowl games decreasing in the upcoming years, secondary to the number of players opting out which will affect attendance. Companies will shy away from going all in and sponsoring bowl games if they are going to take a loss. They are so watered down now and many are becoming irrelevant.

I have not heard anything about Iowa's. Usually they announce trips/packages and state the number of tickets available. I have not heard how many are available or any estimate of fans going. It's been crickets. I pondered going, but am not with all the players including both QB's out. I'm not going to spend all that $$$ and deal with the hassle of going and dealing with all the people in a city on NY Eve. I think a lot of those bowls are gunna take a hit.

I also wonder when teams are going to decline going to them eventually because most times they actually lose $$ going to them. Time will tell.

I really don't see more games being added at this point. I see them decreasing, which would actually be good.
I wonder if they don't go down to maybe 10 bowl games outside of the 12 team playoff and then add in several more Senior Bowl type games where guys can opt in to the practices and games.

Latest posts