Anyone Here Under The Age Of 65 Going To Assville, TN And Paying Actual Money To Watch This Fiasco?

I wonder if they don't go down to maybe 10 bowl games outside of the 12 team playoff and then add in several more Senior Bowl type games where guys can opt in to the practices and games.

Maybe it will turn into more of a game experience for younger players to see what teams have and to get them experience. Maybe let those who redshirt a year but work and practice a chance to play in one game. That would be a cool thing. Kind of fun for fans to see some young guys and see what the team has.

No one ever said fans couldn't, or shouldn't, go watch toilet bowls. Go watch it till your heart's content. They're still dumb.

They have definitely lost as far as what they used to mean back in the day. They really are shit games and pretty much a scrimmage.

It used to be cool to win the bowl game, the last for the season. It doesn't mean shit anymore. As a fan, it's just the last hoorah for the season, win or lose. I have no emotions connected to this game as far as winning or losing.

Actually, I think there is a good chance that there will be bowl games decreasing in the upcoming years, secondary to the number of players opting out which will affect attendance. Companies will shy away from going all in and sponsoring bowl games if they are going to take a loss. They are so watered down now and many are becoming irrelevant.

I have not heard anything about Iowa's. Usually they announce trips/packages and state the number of tickets available. I have not heard how many are available or any estimate of fans going. It's been crickets. I pondered going, but am not with all the players including both QB's out. I'm not going to spend all that $$$ and deal with the hassle of going and dealing with all the people in a city on NY Eve. I think a lot of those bowls are gunna take a hit.

I also wonder when teams are going to decline going to them eventually because most times they actually lose $$ going to them. Time will tell.

I really don't see more games being added at this point. I see them decreasing, which would actually be good.

The media companies need content. A football game involving predominantly the backups of Texas versus the backups of Washington or the same for Florida versus Wisconsin is pretty good content compared to the alternatives available. The weather is shit for 2/3rds of the country's population and you have a captive audience. Do you want to put on four hours of two men arguing about whether Aaron Rodgers should be benched or actual sports content?

They have definitely lost as far as what they used to mean back in the day. They really are shit games and pretty much a scrimmage.

It used to be cool to win the bowl game, the last for the season. It doesn't mean shit anymore. As a fan, it's just the last hoorah for the season, win or lose. I have no emotions connected to this game as far as winning or losing.
It used to be cool just to make a bowl game. It meant your team was really good. Which is the way it should be.

It was cool to have have chance to finish your season, or in the case of seniors, your career with a win.

That was a rare opportunity in high school or college sports. Now winning a bowl just doesn't have the juice it once did.

I personally love Nashville and the whole downtown atmosphere. The trick is to not overdo it. Like Vegas or New Orleans four days is plenty. After that the returns diminish. And unlike New Orleans or Vegas, Nashville isn't cheap.

The media companies need content. A football game involving predominantly the backups of Texas versus the backups of Washington or the same for Florida versus Wisconsin is pretty good content compared to the alternatives available. The weather is shit for 2/3rds of the country's population and you have a captive audience. Do you want to put on four hours of two men arguing about whether Aaron Rodgers should be benched or actual sports content?
Correct. ESPN needs content. 1.5 million viewers to watch some shit bowl game is a big number. There were 6 bowl games Saturday I would bet all of them had over a million viewers.

It used to be cool just to make a bowl game. It meant your team was really good. Which is the way it should be.
I've told the story before of the 1976 Iowa State Cyclones. Probably a national top 15 team, led the nation in turnover margin, but played in what was then the best conference in the country.

They finished tied for third or fourth in that conference and there were only about a dozen bowl games then. They didn't get a bid.

Latest posts