Anyone Here Under The Age Of 65 Going To Assville, TN And Paying Actual Money To Watch This Fiasco?

I'm 2 hours down the road and I don't think fighting Nashville traffic on NYE sounds like a good time either.. I'm just not a going to the game kinda guy anymore. It's not just the $ either it's all the time wrapped up into commuting being away from home. If given the choice to stay home with my dog instead that's where I lean these days. I like her more then people anyway.

The only reason I'll ever go west of I-75 in the state of Tennessee is to stop at the Casey's in Rocky Top to get pizza and that Casey's is only an eighth of a mile off the interstate. Other than that there is absolutely no reason to go west of 75. It's nothing but picturesque and glorious rolling hills and mountains east of I-75 and west of 75 it's like a weird mix of Arkansas, Lincoln, and Ames.

The only reason I'll ever go west of I-75 in the state of Tennessee is to stop at the Casey's in Rocky Top to get pizza and that Casey's is only an eighth of a mile off the interstate. Other than that there is absolutely no reason to go west of 75. It's nothing but picturesque and glorious rolling hills and mountains east of I-75 and west of 75 it's like a weird mix of Arkansas, Lincoln, and Ames.
I live south of I40 about 30 miles right in-between Nashville and Memphis in the middle of nowhere. I'm about an hour from where the TN Bama MS line is. There's nothing picturesque about it but I like it.

I live south of I40 about 30 miles right in-between Nashville and Memphis in the middle of nowhere. I'm about an hour from where the TN Bama MS line is. There's nothing picturesque about it but I like it.

I'll bet it's actually pretty nice down that way. I'd much rather live there than Iowa unless I owned a shitload of ground in Iowa. Are you west of 65?

I'll bet it's actually pretty nice down that way. I'd much rather live there than Iowa unless I owned a shitload of ground in Iowa. Are you west of 65?
It is. The hills just aren't as pronounced as the mountains obviously. Lots of civil war areas. Yes I'm west of 65. I'm just west of the TN river like 15 mins or so

I'm debating.

I love Nashville. And I've never been to a bowl game. And McAlester's in Mount Vernon Illinois is an ideal lunch stop both ways.

Dubuque to Nashville plus one stop for lunch and gas and a couple potty breaks is about nine hours. Contrary to belief it is in the Central time zone. You have to get a county or two east of the metro area to switch time zones.

My kid made noises.
"Go to the game. mumblmumble. Fraternity brothers going mumble mumble. Road trip mumble mumble."

He's a freshman. The world seems his oyster.

He'll come down off the ledge when he realizes he and his other high school buddies all have "IDs" that work and haven't seen each other....except for a day over Thanksgiving. Also, Mom's cooking and laundry service and sleeping in....in your own bedroom and using a bathroom that only 2 other people use.
He'll come around.

I'm debating.

I love Nashville. And I've never been to a bowl game. And McAlester's in Mount Vernon Illinois is an ideal lunch stop both ways.

Dubuque to Nashville plus one stop for lunch and gas and a couple potty breaks is about nine hours. Contrary to belief it is in the Central time zone. You have to get a county or two east of the metro area to switch time zones.
I would also add the salad/food bar at Niemerg's in Effingham, IL with a steak. Good prices too.

Anyone Here Under The Age Of 65 Going To Watch This Fiasco on tv ?

Yeah

:cool:

I'm gonna watch. I'm even going to wear Hawkeye gear. Which, I stopped doing. Because it almost always ended in a loss whenever I wore an Iowa tee-shirt or something. Even if I was wearing my lucky underwear.

It already feels like an exhibition game. Like there's no way to lose and feel bad. What a great lead-in to NYE.

The 155 shortcut at Morton, the one they spent about 68 years working on, is a godsend. Saves a good hour.
Yes it does. They've been trying to get the 57/74 interchange right for decades.... If you ever have time, go 2 lanes along the IL River between Hennepin and Peoria. Doesn't seem like Illinois.

Btw, the IL budget is really starting to take its toll. The damage has taken a while to play out, but wow. Downstate used to be pretty nice, but more and more..... It's about hopeless. It's not just Fred Flinstone though.

Champaign actually used to be pretty good. The police dept is at least 25% short on officers.

Yes it does. They've been trying to get the 57/74 interchange right for decades.... If you ever have time, go 2 lanes along the IL River between Hennepin and Peoria. Doesn't seem like Illinois.

Btw, the IL budget is really starting to take its toll. The damage has taken a while to play out, but wow. Downstate used to be pretty nice, but more and more..... It's about hopeless. It's not just Fred Flinstone though.

Champaign actually used to be pretty good. The police dept is at least 25% short on officers.
My wife has raved about Starved Rock State Park since she trained for her current job in Streator back in 2016 and were way overdue to get down there.

My wife has raved about Starved Rock State Park since she trained for her current job in Streator back in 2016 and were way overdue to get down there.
It is terrific. Stay in the Lodge (not that terrific) but helps you to enjoy the park better. Carbondale, which has really fallen apart is near Garden of the Gods in the National Forest. Pretty cool.

Latest posts