Aca'Cedric Ware

It’ll be USC but he’s still taking official visits this fall.

then why have a tv 'announcement'. this just seems like an odd way to go about it. i'd be incredibly hesitant, i think, to waste any recruiting money bringing anyone in on an official visit after that person announces the want to go to another school.

then why have a tv 'announcement'. this just seems like an odd way to go about it. i'd be incredibly hesitant, i think, to waste any recruiting money bringing anyone in on an official visit after that person announces the want to go to another school.

USC = L.A. = glitz = 9PM (7PM on the west coast) announcement.

These things are often not the idea of the players themselves. Making a big TV announcement is good for publicity for the player and for the high school. Making a big TV announcement to a big, popular school in a big city (USC) will be GREAT for ratings if/when Cedar Hill (#1 team in the nation according to MaxPreps preseason rankings) plays on national TV this year.

Yeah this is odd. I have a feeling that when he announces USC tonight, that Kirk will want nothing more of this circus and be done with him.

Who "commits" THEN takes visits? Isn't it the other way around?

These days? Almost everyone. It's become the nature of the game.

Yeah this is odd. I have a feeling that when he announces USC tonight, that Kirk will want nothing more of this circus and be done with him.

Who "commits" THEN takes visits? Isn't it the other way around?

i must say that i do not remember someone making a TV announcement, picking a school, while also saying he is going to take official visits after said announcement. it's the whole tv announcement part of it - i've never seen it when that wasn't the final pick.

i understand today's kids are self-centered - but this one doesn't make a lot of sense.

if i were ferentz i can't imagine paying for this kid to spend a weekend in iowa city after a tv announcement for any school outside of iowa.

All things considered. The fact it's 7 on the west coast. What a bad way to say you're headed to Iowa. Lol

I'd be worried more if we didn't have rb's. We have great rb's. We have a great o line. Welcome to feeling ok despite missing out on a very good recruit.

Ah, breath

Latest posts