Aaron White!

You forgot the fact he's 1/4 thru his sophomore season which means he has 2 1/2 yrs to develop. And have you happened to notice where Gatens is playing? He's playing in the top European League for a solid team. Don't rule him out of the NBA just yet. Lots of guys go overseas to refine / develop their games only to return to the states to play in the NBA. I'm shocked you don't know that?

I actually did consider that. You do know that not very many senior big men get drafted high, right? 4 senior big men got drafted last year, and they are all much, much bigger than Aaron. LIKE I SAID, he does not have an NBA body or NBA athleticism. That does not mean he's not a great player, and it odes not mean I don't think he'll be an all time great player at Iowa. It means he's not an NBA player.

Lol no NBA athleticism? That's why he gets to the lane sometimes at will against B1G post players? And those dunks are because he's unathletic? And he leads the team in rebounding because he's unathletic? And beats his man down the court routinely because he's unathletic? YOu're a tool.

WTF is wrong with you? I didn't say he was unathletic, I said he doesn't have NBA athleticism.

Lol no NBA athleticism? That's why he gets to the lane sometimes at will against B1G post players? And those dunks are because he's unathletic? And he leads the team in rebounding because he's unathletic? And beats his man down the court routinely because he's unathletic? YOu're a tool.

Well said fanstheman. Well said. Last I checked I think the kid was something like top 10 IN THE NATION in getting to the line. Speaks volumes to his ability to drive the lane, rebound in traffic, etc etc. Is he ready for the NBA right now? Absolutely not. Will he develop more and be ready in 2 1/2 years? My money says "yes". Name a 4 in the BIG right now that you'd rather have out on the break running that is better than White? I'm sure somebody will come up with an equivalent. But don't tell me there is anybody better right now because I don't think that there is. That speaks volumes.

The NBA is full of great Big men who can run the break, but they're 6'11", 245lbs. The only was Aaron can make the NBA is if he gains at least 20lbs and gains some explosiveness.

Draymond Green was a great BoneG PF who was great in transition, and he was a 2nd round pick.

The NBA is full of great Big men who can run the break, but they're 6'11", 245lbs. The only was Aaron can make the NBA is if he gains at least 20lbs and gains some explosiveness.

Draymond Green was a great BoneG PF who was great in transition, and he was a 2nd round pick.

Green is also 6’7 230 and can’t get off his feet or run.

Gains 20 pounds? Agree 100%. Along with continuing to get stronger. The explosiveness comment is just stupid. Then again, I'm just a stupid Hawkeye fan and not a qualified GM like yourself.

Position: Forward ▪ Height: 6-7 ▪ Weight: 215 lbs

Stats as Freshman and Sophomore:

Min Pts Reb Asst 3PM 3PA
19.6 4.6 4.5 0.5 0 1
20.5 5.5 4.5 0.6 0 0

Years in NBA = 10

Name: Ryan Bowen

Will Aaron White stick in the NBA? Don't know, but saying that he won't seems a bit premature.

There really isn't an Iowa player that I think is NBA material right now (maybe Woodbury but he needs a lot of work a nice post move as an 18 year old is nice though). White is just too small.

Position: Forward ▪ Height: 6-7 ▪ Weight: 215 lbs

Stats as Freshman and Sophomore:

Min Pts Reb Asst 3PM 3PA
19.6 4.6 4.5 0.5 0 1
20.5 5.5 4.5 0.6 0 0

Years in NBA = 10

Name: Ryan Bowen

Will Aaron White stick in the NBA? Don't know, but saying that he won't seems a bit premature.

Ryan Bowen had OUTSTANDING feet light years ahead of White and this is something you just can't really improve. Bowen was 6-9 225 when he played professionally and what kept him in the league was his lenght, motor and ability to move his feet in the pick and roll. Bowen could come off the bench and defend the pick and roll game at an above average level which is needed in the NBA.

Aaron white doesn't really have anything that is above average right now that would get him to the NBA. If he could develope a deadly 3 point shot from NBA range he could play in the league based on that skill.

" Bowen was 6-9 225 when he played professionally "

I got the stats from BasketballReference.com. I figure they were using his NBA height and weight. College figures are notoriously unreliable.

I am not saying Aaron is Ryan Bowen, just saying I am not going to dismiss a possible NBA career 10 games into a Soph campaign.

You aren't welcome.

images