Aaron White!

I dont think Fran realized how well Clemmons was going to play. Clemmons play is really what allowed for the switch.

A former Iowa player that AW reminds me of is Glenn Vidnovic. Glenn played what is now referred to as the three position on the 1970 team. Glenn was around 6-6 and thin. He was a very good passer, had a good jumper, could handle the ball, and could run the floor. Those of you who are much younger probably never heard of Glenn, but was a valuable part of that 1970 team that went undefeated in the Big Ten.

You are right on! For the fans not old enough to remember that Ralph Miller team, this team is setting up to be very similar. If this team starts to hit the outside shot consistantly they will compete with prettymuch anyone. Woody is becoming more and more impressive and I can't say enough about what Clemmons brings to the table. We will have many nights that produce 4-5-6 double digit scorers just like that 70"s team. Scary Good is going to be the jingle pretty soon. I still see them at .500 in the B1G but with a few more games of learning, that may change. Thanks for reminding me about Chad, Ben, Glenn, John and Freddy and Coach Miller.

LOL WUT? I just think it is, by far, the biggest coaching mistake he has made this season, and NO ONE has talked about it. We clearly had trouble matching up athletically with teams early in the season, but Fran kept rolling McCabe out there.

As for the game, I didn't see one second. I was at a Christmas concert all night at St. Ambrose University. It started at 7, and lasted 130 minutes with no intermission.

Should of told me. I would of had a hot dog in your honor.

LOL WUT? I just think it is, by far, the biggest coaching mistake he has made this season, and NO ONE has talked about it. We clearly had trouble matching up athletically with teams early in the season, but Fran kept rolling McCabe out there.

As for the game, I didn't see one second. I was at a Christmas concert all night at St. Ambrose University. It started at 7, and lasted 130 minutes with no intermission.

I talked about it before Fran made the switch. Even started a thread on it. But then some world-bound spirit with unfinished trolling business, who also has a hot sister told me i was wrong. Who was that guy again? Oh yeah it was teh GhostofBTT.

There were times in the past where White played PG, so playing at the 3 isn't that big of deal for him. I think he's fine at the 3 or the 4.

With respect to finding a way to get his shot off, he reminds me of former Arizona guard Miles Simon. Simon was never a pretty shooter, but he was great at finding an open spot on the floor to receive the ball and then twisting, pivoting and contorting to find an angle to get his shot off. It was often said of him, "He just has a knack for putting the ball in the basket". That's how I feel about White.

Here we go again....

So was the "biggest coaching mistake he has made this season...." a.) putting White at the 3 or b.) starting McCabe at the 4? They are independent of each other. White was recruited out of HS as a probable 3. He played 7-8 games there Ghost. To suggest putting White at the 3 was his biggest mistake is waaaaaaay overblown, which is your typical act. Not many talked about it because what you are suggesting is not completely true. True White would / will struggle with quicker 3s, however, there's this thing called "help defense" that guys like Woodbury and Mel don't exactly excel in right now. At this point in the kids career, is he a better 3 or 4? Probably the 4. But to suggest the 3 "experiment" would not work is stupid and to further say it was Fran's biggest coaching mistake is insane.

How was the Christmas concert? I'm surprised you're not complaining about that or throwing some kid under the bus because he / she wasn't very good playing his / her instrument.

Last edited:
Ghost scares easily. Like most bullies.

images

You are right on! For the fans not old enough to remember that Ralph Miller team, this team is setting up to be very similar. If this team starts to hit the outside shot consistantly they will compete with prettymuch anyone. Woody is becoming more and more impressive and I can't say enough about what Clemmons brings to the table. We will have many nights that produce 4-5-6 double digit scorers just like that 70"s team. Scary Good is going to be the jingle pretty soon. I still see them at .500 in the B1G but with a few more games of learning, that may change. Thanks for reminding me about Chad, Ben, Glenn, John and Freddy and Coach Miller.

Woodbury just being tall is helping so much on defense. Guys get beat off the dribble but he's right there, they know they have to pass the ball. It's really nice compared to last years.

Latest posts