Aaron White!

He's unlike anyone Iowa has had at least that I remember. He's a real throwback old school player! I love Aaron White's game!

He's unlike anyone Iowa has had at least that I remember. He's a real throwback old school player! I love Aaron White's game!

Beautiful player. Just amazing to watch.

This team took a huge step forward tonight against a tough, veteran ISU team. Big, big victory

To me he is another Chris Street, but with (and I hesitate to say this) just quite a bit more natural skills. Thoughts?

Yes, very similar to Street, but actually better IMO.

I really cannot come up with a similar Iowa player - he is unique.

This Iowa team really is going to be interesting this year, if everybody stays healthy and eligible!!!

Fran needs to take more heat for playing him at the 3 for so long this season. It was a really, really bad decision.

I'll admit, I'm biased, and I also haven't seen a lot of tape on Street. But at least statistically, the two are very similar. White has an edge in PPG, but Street also played on much better teams and averaged just 5 ppg as a freshman. But Chris was a better rebounder and slightly better shooter (statistically, anyway) from both inside and outside the arc.

Tom Davis told me he sees a couple of guys on this team who remind him of Street, specifically in terms of how they play the game. The first two who came to mind for me were White and Woodbury.

Fran needs to take more heat for playing him at the 3 for so long this season. It was a really, really bad decision.

I don't know about the "heat" part, but I agree it wasn't a good fit. Give Fran some credit, at least he realized it wasn't working. We've had coaches in the past that wouldn't have identified something like that til the season was over.

I know he dislikes the name but the way he knifes through defenses and seems to materialize out of nowhere on dunks and put-backs he really is the Ginga Ninja.

He did a great job playing the 4 for all of those minutes...it is even more impressive when you think about how herby says he is actually a 3 and to think he played no time at his natural position and still played so well out of position...props to aw.

But in all seriousness he showed why he is better suited for the 4 spot. He was just too quick and handled too well for the 4s to guard him. If he was at the 3 he would not have been able to get by those types of defenders that easily.

Agreed. The Iowa basketball needs to hold his feet to the fire for that. His job security should be in question over that decision. LOL.

Ghost - didn't see you posting much during Iowa's big win last night? Where were ya at buddy?

The best red-headed college basketball since Bill Walton! I am so happy that Ohio State didnt want him, their loss our gain.

Relax Casper, at least Fran is flexible enough to make adjustments during the season unlike the disaster we witnessed this fall.

A former Iowa player that AW reminds me of is Glenn Vidnovic. Glenn played what is now referred to as the three position on the 1970 team. Glenn was around 6-6 and thin. He was a very good passer, had a good jumper, could handle the ball, and could run the floor. Those of you who are much younger probably never heard of Glenn, but was a valuable part of that 1970 team that went undefeated in the Big Ten.

Agreed. The Iowa basketball needs to hold his feet to the fire for that. His job security should be in question over that decision. LOL.

LOL WUT? I just think it is, by far, the biggest coaching mistake he has made this season, and NO ONE has talked about it. We clearly had trouble matching up athletically with teams early in the season, but Fran kept rolling McCabe out there.

As for the game, I didn't see one second. I was at a Christmas concert all night at St. Ambrose University. It started at 7, and lasted 130 minutes with no intermission.

I tried to bet an ISU buddy of mine that White would score 70% of his points on either dunks or free throws. I don't think I would have won that bet, but it would have been close.

LOL WUT? I just think it is, by far, the biggest coaching mistake he has made this season, and NO ONE has talked about it. We clearly had trouble matching up athletically with teams early in the season, but Fran kept rolling McCabe out there.

As for the game, I didn't see one second. I was at a Christmas concert all night at St. Ambrose University. It started at 7, and lasted 130 minutes with no intermission.

How dare Fran didn't know how good Clemmons would be before the first game! Crucify him! Crucify him! Lol you're such a ******* troll.

Not having been born yet when he was playing but having watched him on video, Don Nelson had a game somewhat like Whites. He didn't play above the rim as much, but who did back than.

Latest posts