A&M Will be in the SEC within 2 weeks!!

What's funny about ISU losing money?

Get teams that dont suck so the clownies can stop being a waste of big 12 money. The clowns get money from the big 12 for landing in the bottom of the big 12 every year, yet clown fans believe that next year is the year we make it to a bowl game. (Cue ISUer, Mr ISU will win 8 games this year and make it to a bowl game.) There is absolutly no ******* way ISU will win 8 games this year PERIOD

Let's be honest, KU and Texas 4 times a year isn't exactly a cake walk either.

Well KU and UT is much easier than UCONN, Pitt, Louisville, Marquette, Syracuse, Nova, Notre Dame, West Virgina, and Georgetown, even St. Johns as they are up and coming. The Big East is much more difficult.

Why would the SEC stop at 13 though? They would have to get to 14 to make the divisions work, so why wouldn't they add Mizzou? They are the best program, and have a border rivalry built into the new conference. And as you said they are respectable in FB once again. OU would be their ideal but they are tethered to OSU, which is the same argument hawk fans are using to say KSu gets in the Big East. Except these schools are far more attached than KU/KSU.

These dominoes just are not going to fall. These reports are unsubstantiated and I am pretty sure are being sourced from blog posts. The Big 12 is a mess, but the conference alignment wil be involving mutiple legislatures and the board of regents of Texas before it shakes out. None of that is happening. You knew that the realignment was real last year because the Texas legislature got involved. When they start making statements stuff is actually happening.

Also, I'm not agreeing with the rumors, as noted in my first post on the thread. But OU would definitely be an easier pick away from OSU than KU and KSU would be. OSU could thrive in the Pac-12, and would probably get an offer there if anything went through.

Well KU and UT is much easier than UCONN, Pitt, Louisville, Marquette, Syracuse, Nova, Notre Dame, West Virgina, and Georgetown, even St. Johns as they are up and coming. The Big East is much more difficult.

Granted, but the same could be said about A&M, Mizzou, KSU, Baylor and OSU. I will say that the Big East is traditionally a tougher conference.

Why wouldn't they add Iowa State?!
Are you the brains of your family? Maybe they will try to lure Iowa out of the Big 10. I heard from the fanbase that they are the best team to not have played in a Rose Bowl in two decades. I heard they add the smallest TV market in the Big 10 as well so theres that too.

Also, I'm not agreeing with the rumors, as noted in my first post on the thread. But OU would definitely be an easier pick away from OSU than KU and KSU would be. OSU could thrive in the Pac-12, and would probably get an offer there if anything went through.

Then who would the Pac-12 pick to go along with OSU?

Then who would the Pac-12 pick to go along with OSU?
TTU, but I just don't see all these Texas schools breaking apart. The Texas legislature and regents board will control this realignment tiff. I am pretty sure a big reason why this did not happen last year was because Baylor was left out in the cold, and the option to keep the Big 12 suddenly surfaced.

Here... It sounds like it may have been written into the existing SEC TV contract that if they expanded with the likes of Texas A&M. Can't find any other info this second though.

The addition of Texas A&M was the plum prize for the SEC, an expansion into the fertile Texas television market that we know would have led to an increase in the already-substantial CBS and ESPN television deal. (The SEC's contract is negotiated to allow increased payments or decreased payments based on the addition or subtraction of schools).

Texas A&M Bolting to the SEC Is Just a Matter of Time

Yet the ESPN people say the exact opposite. Last summer ESPN showed that they were doing whatever it took to keep the B12 alive monetarily. Do you honestly think they are going to sit back and let their SEC property destroy their B12 property?

Due to the rise of DVR, ad revenue for sports is skyrocketing. The major players in college sports (ESPN/CBS/FOX/Comcast) know this, evidenced by the ridiculous contracts that conferences have been signing of recent (P12's Fox deal/B12's tier 2 Fox deal). These corporations are not going to allow their properties to be cannibalized by one another and they sure as hell aren't going to go from 6 high dollar commodities to 4. He who writes the checks, holds the power and unfortunately for A&M/SEC, they aren't writing any checks.

Get teams that dont suck so the clownies can stop being a waste of big 12 money. The clowns get money from the big 12 for landing in the bottom of the big 12 every year, yet clown fans believe that next year is the year we make it to a bowl game. (Cue ISUer, Mr ISU will win 8 games this year and make it to a bowl game.) There is absolutly no ******* way ISU will win 8 games this year PERIOD

A lot of anger there bud. I'm not sure why you care where the Big 12 money goes as it has no influence on Iowa.

One ISU fan is on here saying 7-8 wins and you get all worked up. I bet you didn't flip out when Jon predicted 12 last year.

A lot of anger there bud. I'm not sure why you care where the Big 12 money goes as it has no influence on Iowa.

One ISU fan is on here saying 7-8 wins and you get all worked up. I bet you didn't flip out when Jon predicted 12 last year.
Easy. Look at the guys user name. He has to have a major inferiority complex. Probably got beat up by his baby sister when he was a child.

I for one think Iowa St. could greatly benefit on the football portion of things if they were to join the MAC or some other lower tier conference. They would probably go to bowl games most years and in doing so raise their football programs prestige. To me being a bottom feeder in a BCS league is less appealing than being up top in a non BCS league.

If ISU went to the MAC, we would be utterly screwed as we wouldn't be able to pay our bills and the university would lose out on hundreds of millions of dollars in shared research dollars between the Big 12 universities. It would be an absolute effing disaster for a school that just this year is no longer going to be taking any state money, which I think we can all be really happy about.

At the time, Iowa running the table wasn't too far-fetched of an idea. ISU winning 8 this year, however.....

IF the clowns joined the MAC, their recruiting would downgrade equally. They would no longer be able to recruit in Texas or Florida unless they recruited players fit for the MAC. Their sports budget also would decrease accordingly, which means that recruiting would primarily center around Iowa, SD, ND, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Illinois. They no longer would be recruiting the upper Division I players but would be competing with UNI and teams like that. The players they would get would be the players that did not get Division I scholarships from the Big 10 and so on. Certainly there are good players left and they might even get some, but most would be on par with the UNI players. They might be able to field a fairly competitive team for a couple of quarters against, say, Big 10 teams, but they would have no depth whatsoever. And most games would be complete blowouts.

Iowa playing the clowns would be like playing UNI every year. I know, I know, UNI about beat us a couple of years ago but most times Iowa easily handles UNI...kind of like Iowa has typically handled isu since the series began.

And remember, the clowns would still have the image of being one of the worst college programs EVER in the history of college football. Going to the MAC, do you really think they would dominate. They would become another middle of the road MAC team.

In other words, their program would be a shadow of what they are now and they aren't much now, nor have they ever been. Even getting into the MAC might be difficult for the clowns because they have NOTHING to offer a league...nothing whatsoever. They would just be another mouth to feed in the MAC...why would the MAC want them?

We can only hope can't we...

Are you the brains of your family? Maybe they will try to lure Iowa out of the Big 10. I heard from the fanbase that they are the best team to not have played in a Rose Bowl in two decades. I heard they add the smallest TV market in the Big 10 as well so theres that too.

We can thank the BCS for that, so instead Iowa had to settle for the Orange Bowl, but as an ISU fan you know what the Orange Bowl is like from the Big 8 days right........oh wait nevermind.

Latest posts