A&M Will be in the SEC within 2 weeks!!

Wow. Thank God, we're not dealing with this crap. I was originally very intrigued by the idea that Texas could join the Big 10, but based on all of this drama, I couldn't be happier that we only grabbed Nebraska.
There is no way I would want Texas in the Big Ten, regardless of revenue.

This is not likely to happen for a couple of reasons. One, the Aggies would have to pay a buy-out, and two they already owe the big 12 money because they borrowed it a few years ago when they were in the red. A third reason is the Texas legislature who doesn't want to see the Texas teams split up into different conferences. Maybe down the road they will leave but not right now.

While I have no doubt that the Big 12 is going to disintegrate, I find it hard to believe it would be this soon.

Why? In December of 2009, the Big 10 said it would wait 18 months to make a decision - if it was going to happen at all - on expansion. By Labor Day of last year, Nebraska had been invited and accepted said invitation.

Not sure why Iowa fans get off to ISU going to the MAC or CUSA....what does it say about their program that has had a decent amount of losses to them in the last 10 years.

Not sure why Iowa fans get off to ISU going to the MAC or CUSA....what does it say about their program that has had a decent amount of losses to them in the last 10 years.

It says that we won a BCS game 2 years ago. So, not much.

This is not likely to happen for a couple of reasons. One, the Aggies would have to pay a buy-out, and two they already owe the big 12 money because they borrowed it a few years ago when they were in the red. A third reason is the Texas legislature who doesn't want to see the Texas teams split up into different conferences. Maybe down the road they will leave but not right now.

Well that and the SEC has no leverage to renegotiate their television contract for another 10 years. Bringing in A&M and another school doesn't make money for the current members, for the next decade it would be taking money away from them.

But as previously stated, that doesn't hold a candle to the power of the Texas politicians. If A&M bailed on Tech/Texas/Baylor they would get the hammer in terms of funding, research money, etc.

Or you could say that Iowa has won 6 of the last 8. I'm sure that sounds familiar.

Latest posts