A&M Will be in the SEC within 2 weeks!!

No. That's not what I said. Assuming that the Big 12-2 falls apart, I think the Big East takes ISU, Mizzou and a third party. It's the fault of the state of Kansas that they won't let the two schools go to seperate conferences.

The first scenario I listed (you think the Big East would take ISU over either Kansas (because they don't want KSU)) is *exactly* what you're saying right there.

What does that have to do with anything? Take a look at the Iowa teams ISU beat under KF:

1999: 1-10
2000: 3-9
2001: 7-5
2002: 11-2
2005: 7-5
2007: 6-6

Other than 2002 ISU hasn't beaten very good Iowa teams.

Cue the "look at the records of the ISU teams Iowa has beaten" response.

That makes sense, if KU and KSU could be seperated. They can't as of now, so your point is moot.

I'm 100% positive that the Big East would also take KSU. Its not like KSU is a total slouch in basketball either. They're certainly better than teams like Rutgers, USF, Seton Hall, Providence, and DePaul.

I went to espn.com for some accurate, unbiased information about whether this rumor was true. Surprisingly, there was nothing there. And guess which team was on the CFB page:

picture23h.png

Mccoy's brother = Timmay (South Park)

what some clownies never.get is taking joy in a fanbases meltdown is different than taking joy in a situation, and when the fanbase is question are as much professional victims as ISU's the opportunities are endless.

I'm 100% positive that the Big East would also take KSU. Its not like KSU is a total slouch in basketball either. They're certainly better than teams like Rutgers, USF, Seton Hall, Providence, and DePaul.

Maybe they would. To be honest, I have no idea as to who they would take in a situation where they had free picking of the former Big 12 North. I just have a hard time believing that ISU wouldn't be selected.

Maybe they would. To be honest, I have no idea as to who they would take in a situation where they had free picking of the former Big 12 North. I just have a hard time believing that ISU wouldn't be selected.

I'd say ISU is probably one of the least appealing to the Big East. KU would obviously be the first choice, thus dragging KSU along. Mizzou is much more appealing that ISU because they have developed both a football and basketball programs that are top 25. All 3 of those teams also have a better following than ISU.

I'd say ISU is probably one of the least appealing to the Big East. KU would obviously be the first choice, thus dragging KSU along. Mizzou is much more appealing that ISU because they have developed both a football and basketball programs that are top 25. All 3 of those teams also have a better following than ISU.

True statement

I can't take my fan glasses off, but I would disagree that KSU has a larger following than ISU. Granted, ISU has really sucked it up in both football and basketball over the last 4 or so years, but they have been historically better in both than KSU.

Personally, I think as Hawkeye fans we've been looking into the ISU situation totally wrong. Where's the joy in seeing them in the MAC or anyother non AQ. I'd rather see them join the Gateway Conference. It's a win-win situation. The cyclone's would once again be competitive and as Hawkeye fan's we'd get to laugh hysterically. Everyone wins.

Edit: I have nothing against FCS or the Gateway Conference, nor am I implying that ISU would in fact dominate that conference.

I can't take my fan glasses off, but I would disagree that KSU has a larger following than ISU. Granted, ISU has really sucked it up in both football and basketball over the last 4 or so years, but they have been historically better in both than KSU.

I would have to agree. KSU was brutal for some time being. It seems their basketball is going the right way, as is ISU's. I think if the Big East extends an offer to ISU it would be impossible to turn down. ISU would have a much better time in that conference football wise, but their basketball slate wouldn't be much fun.

Personally, I think as Hawkeye fans we've been looking into the ISU situation totally wrong. Where's the joy in seeing them in the MAC or anyother non AQ. I'd rather see them join the Gateway Conference. It's a win-win situation. The cyclone's would once again be competitive and as Hawkeye fan's we'd get to laugh hysterically. Everyone wins.

Edit: I have nothing against FCS or the Gateway Conference, nor am I implying that ISU would in fact dominate that conference.

What's funny about ISU losing money?

I would have to agree. KSU was brutal for some time being. It seems their basketball is going the right way, as is ISU's. I think if the Big East extends an offer to ISU it would be impossible to turn down. ISU would have a much better time in that conference football wise, but their basketball slate wouldn't be much fun.

Let's be honest, KU and Texas 4 times a year isn't exactly a cake walk either.

Why would the SEC stop at 13 though? They would have to get to 14 to make the divisions work, so why wouldn't they add Mizzou? They are the best program, and have a border rivalry built into the new conference. And as you said they are respectable in FB once again. OU would be their ideal but they are tethered to OSU, which is the same argument hawk fans are using to say KSu gets in the Big East. Except these schools are far more attached than KU/KSU.

These dominoes just are not going to fall. These reports are unsubstantiated and I am pretty sure are being sourced from blog posts. The Big 12 is a mess, but the conference alignment wil be involving mutiple legislatures and the board of regents of Texas before it shakes out. None of that is happening. You knew that the realignment was real last year because the Texas legislature got involved. When they start making statements stuff is actually happening.

Latest posts