99% have CTE. Football will be gone in 10 years. I'm serious.

That is part of the reason why the Pacquiao/Horn fight was entertaining. It was free and I didn't have to use my friend Kodi. It was the 80's all over again, similar to watching a high calibur boxing match on a Saturday afternoon, on network television.

Yea, if they would just throw those out there every so often it would help generate fandom again. They need to take some of the $$$ from the high profile championship bouts and fund a pool to pay for a periodic high profile fight to be seen on network TV. I remember those Saturday afternoon fights. They were terrific and most people could name several boxers. The boxers need to pool some $$$ and support each other just to keep the sport alive which is all of their cash cow. Instead now they are all out for the $$$$ for themselves and there is a disconnect with fans.

Oh, the dirty judge scoring doesn't help boxing either. I can't remember the fight way back when but it was obvious one fighter beat the other and put him on the canvas like 3 times. In the end they gave the guy that went down 3 times the win. At that point I said screw it, I'm done watching it. Dirty.

Now, I couldn't name 3 and don't even know who are contenders.

Just think of the player like a boxer or MMA fighter. These guys love contact, beating people.
No its not going away, just fewer students participating in it.
Humans love fighting, smashing people's faces, it's human nature.

The difference is that there aren't grade school, junior high and high school MMA leagues that fighters can be recruited from.

You can't abuse your kids. As technology changes, there will be more on more information available on brain damage.

Maybe we can play football in bubble balls. The big ones.

There is a lot of this thread to respond to. One thing that sticks out to me is people thinking there might be some sort of way to slow down or stop or reverse CTE.

You are talking about problems that are a result of getting crushed, not some internal disease that can be reversed by putting something back into someone's body that is being taken out by the disease/condition. The beating that they are taking is the problem, not some hormone or chemical that is being taken from their body that could later be replaced. I don't see how you reverse damage from that.

Admittedly, I am not a doctor and could be completely wrong.

Who the heck knows what medicine will be able to do 10 years from now. Elon Musk thinks we will be half or all machines at some point in the future. The brain is just an organic CPU. It is all code. Not to bring politics into it, but you want to solve world hunger, global warming, etc, well humans merge into machines (can back up, repair selves, never have to go to school, no need for heat or maybe even water, etc. Solves a lot of stuff. But I know that is all whacked out. I just believe a lot of what the guy envisions. The one I am not so sure about is we are likely living in some sort of simulation. hard to get my head around that one.

Calm down Nancy, nobody here is arguing that they think football should go away, people are arguing that it will go away, which unless you can somehow predict the future, could happen.

Put down the syringe, don't you know that stuff shrinks your nuts?
Look Susie, I hope you don't trip in your high heels, or they will be trying to ban those too. All of you candyasses that are calling for the end of football because a few multi-millionaires are now wanting to sue the NFL, should just go back to your crochet. And you maam, should stop calling yourself, Fryiowa.......Hayden is a man.

Look Susie, I hope you don't trip in your high heels, or they will be trying to ban those too. All of you candyasses that are calling for the end of football because a few multi-millionaires are now wanting to sue the NFL, should just go back to your crochet. And you maam, should stop calling yourself, Fryiowa.......Hayden is a man.
You must not be able to read; somehow I'm smelling Iowa State grad all over you...

I never once called for an end to football, and neither did anyone else here. If you think so, then show me please.

What I did say, was that I think it will be gone in 20 years which may or may not happen. You're starting to show your lack of comprehension and embarrassing yourself.

You must not be able to read; somehow I'm smelling Iowa State grad all over you...

I never once called for an end to football, and neither did anyone else here. If you think so, then show me please.

What I did say, was that I think it will be gone in 20 years which may or may not happen. You're starting to show your lack of comprehension and embarrassing yourself.
No I read it all, I just saw that you were too big of puss to allow your son to play football.

That's not called for come on... One thing I'm not going to do is second guess how someone parents their kids especially in regards to safety...
And so you contribute to the demise of football. Again, as I stated in an earlier post; the wussification of America.

And so you contribute to the demise of football. Again, as I stated in an earlier post; the wussification of America.
I don't have a son so is that what you mean by me contributing to the demise? Look America is a pretty big place. 300 plus million. There's plenty of room for those that don't want their kids to play to not play and still have a ton of those that do. Me choosing to not bash those that don't want their kids to play is in no way contributing to the demise. What do you suggest I do? Get picket signs out on my lawn?

I don't have a son so is that what you mean by me contributing to the demise? Look America is a pretty big place. 300 plus million. There's plenty of room for those that don't want their kids to play to not play and still have a ton of those that do. Me choosing to not bash those that don't want their kids to play is in no way contributing to the demise. What do you suggest I do? Get picket signs out on my lawn?
I think that you need to read my earlier post.

That's not called for come on... One thing I'm not going to do is second guess how someone parents their kids especially in regards to safety...
My kid actually does play. @Hawk90 isn't super bright when it comes to this reading thing. What can you expect out of an ISU drop out?

Some of us actually took classes at the U of I, unlike your degree in gender studies.
Look at that.

You're too stupid to even quote the right post.

You quoted yourself, Einstein. You're supposed to hit reply on my post if you want to make fun of me, not yours.

Learn the game.

Look at that.

You're too stupid to even quote the right post.

You quoted yourself, Einstein. You're supposed to hit reply on my post if you want to make fun of me, not yours.

Learn the game.

He didn't say he passed and didn't say he graduated...

Times change. If technology is even more conclusive....

You can't give your young kids cigs and pot. You can't let them drive motorcycles on the street before being old enough. You can't beat them to toughen them up. You can't abuse them.

If at some point it is highly conclusive, you cannot give a decision about brain damage to the legal guardian. You can't encourage them to drink poison....

A lot will come out in the next 10 years and I doubt it's positive towards football. Maybe it will be but I doubt it.

You can't give your young kids cigs and pot. You can't let them drive motorcycles on the street before being old enough. You can't beat them to toughen them up. You can't abuse them.

If at some point it is highly conclusive, you cannot give a decision about brain damage to the legal guardian. You can't encourage them to drink poison....

A lot will come out in the next 10 years and I doubt it's positive towards football. Maybe it will be but I doubt it.
Yes we should put them on the couch and let them play video games (non-violent only). Timmy may hurt himself if he goes outside. He may bonk his noggin' if he plays a rough game game like football. Stop, just stop with all of this nanny nonsense.[/QUOTE]

LOL. I think I just incurred a CTE injury by reading that post.:)

Latest posts