$95 a seat?

Would you pay $100 + for tix to this game?

• Yes I would

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • No I would not

Votes: 37 58.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
$95 isn't too much money for a nationally televised prime time game against a top 5 opponent, IMO. The problem is everything else. Bleacher seating, bathroom lines, traffic, commercial breaks, no cell service, etc. Seems like every time I go to Kinnick I get sat next to an obese couple whose fat butts take up 4 seats. I like to stand a lot at games and as a result I get yelled at by old people

With technology the way it is, I find the games are usually a lot more entertaining from my man cave. Got my food and beer right there, my bathroom has no line, old people aren't yelling at me to sit down or watch my mouth, other games are on my other tvs, there is no burrito lift, and my cell phone actually works.

I still go to ~3 games a year, and have a great time, but going to anymore than that just wears me out.
Sit down and shut up!

University made $19.45 million in ticket sales last year,my question is how much do they make in concession,parking and train sales.Just wondering,since you have to give cash for parking unless you bought before season how much doesn't get reported.

041018-23-univ-of-ia-kinnick-stadium-renovation.jpg Actual seat for $95..not much of a view but at least you're in there. Well, no, no youre not, but a buddy of mine and the penn state game....got....it....on.........EVERYBODY ON THE BUS! GOOD! GRAND! GROOVY! NO YELLING ON THE BUS!!!

I am a Hawk from C-Bus and hate everything that is OSU. But they don't seem to have a problem filling the shoe full of 106,000 idiots for the Michigan game at base price of $195 a pop. If you want to roll with the big boys and be a big boy program which is what we all believe Iowa is, than this is unfortunately what the cost of that brings. I am with most on here, with a family of 4 I can spend $1,500 on a nice lake get away for my entire family. It just depends on what is important to you and your family.

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/...rd-price-for-michigan-tickets-in-2016-110515/

I just spent $150 for an American Girl Doll with "accessories" for my daughter's birthday.

It's all supply and demand. My guess is that Kinnick will be full or darn close to it Saturday night.

And as a dad of 3 girls, I can tell you after a month it will permanently live on a shelf until in a box.

I have season tix (two seats with the $200 "donation" tacked on to each).

I have a select 3-4 hobbies in my life. Tail-gating, Iowa games, etc is one of them.

So, yes, I'll spend $100 per ticket per game to see either pedigree or dogs.

Depends on your perspective in life. You only get to see a team like PSU in person a few times if that.

You have a family or are you single at this time?

$95 isn't too much money for a nationally televised prime time game against a top 5 opponent, IMO. The problem is everything else. Bleacher seating, bathroom lines, traffic, commercial breaks, no cell service, etc. Seems like every time I go to Kinnick I get sat next to an obese couple whose fat butts take up 4 seats. I like to stand a lot at games and as a result I get yelled at by old people

With technology the way it is, I find the games are usually a lot more entertaining from my man cave. Got my food and beer right there, my bathroom has no line, old people aren't yelling at me to sit down or watch my mouth, other games are on my other tvs, there is no burrito lift, and my cell phone actually works.

I still go to ~3 games a year, and have a great time, but going to anymore than that just wears me out.

I'm right with ya. Done the season tix and all games for some years. I guess just not as important to be there as if for some, which is fine. Just the way I roll. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to go to a once every once-in-awhile but the hassle doesn't want me to want to be married to it every home game. You literally lose the whole day. I'd like to hit a big game though. Those are fun.

But, too convenient at home and I actually am one who likes to listen to the play-by-play and commenting on TV. I like the close up views, etc.. When in the stadium I'm always stuck in the end-zone or corner. Anyway, to each their own. I'm not 25 anymore so I enjoy my living room.

Just like the kids nowadays. They'd rather stay indoors glued to some form of electronics. Suggesting they go outside and play or do something is greeted with a blank stare like you just suggested they do their homework or clean their bathroom.

Sports are nothing more than a business. Owners and AD's do not care about the fans, they care about the money those fans bring them. They prey upon the passion that fans have for their teams. They know people will show up no matter what, so they charge $5 for a bottle of water that they bought in bulk for 25 cents. They charge $4 for a fountain drink that cost them a nickle to produce.

Ask yourself this. Why is the Athletic Department charging $95 for this game and only charged $40 for the North Texas game? Is it because the athletic department cares about the fans and cares about a sellout, or is the athletic department just trying to maximize their profits? Can the athletic department survive financially on $45 per game? Of course they can. They charge $95 for the Penn State game because they know people will pay it. ITS...A....BUSINESS...

Basically, if you don't realize what is going on then you are the sucker.

LOVE the marching band!!

What I would do if I were in the AD would be get rid of parking lot on west side of Kinnick and start building state of art addition to stadium with restaurant / bars (brewers even) / area for outdoor food court, area for smokers, etc. Portion could remain open during non-season if profitable. I am sure they won't do something like that but I bet alcohol sales come back. Of course it will be $10 a beer.

When I get older maybe I will be a couch fan but for now I will keep going. I understand for those where the cost is the issue. You can't afford what you can't afford. I get that and I get it if someone has to drive 4 or 5 hours to get there, but for myself I only have to drive 25 minutes either way and I am lucky right now to be able to afford it. Too many great great memories of going to Kinnick as a kid. Always takes me back and I was growing up at the time Fry came. My first game was during the last season of Commings in 78. Also remember all the games I couldn't go to as a kid that I listened to on good old a.m. radio.

I do like hearing the occasional thumping of the drums in the background. It has a unique sound around the tailgate atmosphere.

I don't think the U is willing to give up more parking, especially around the stadium. They use that as lot parking for university staff during the work week.

I'm right with ya. Done the season tix and all games for some years. I guess just not as important to be there as if for some, which is fine. Just the way I roll. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to go to a once every once-in-awhile but the hassle doesn't want me to want to be married to it every home game. You literally lose the whole day. I'd like to hit a big game though. Those are fun.

But, too convenient at home and I actually am one who likes to listen to the play-by-play and commenting on TV. I like the close up views, etc.. When in the stadium I'm always stuck in the end-zone or corner. Anyway, to each their own. I'm not 25 anymore so I enjoy my living room.

Once I gave up the season tickets, I actually started going to more away games. Its cool to see other stadiums and not be tied down to 8 home games per year. Iowa City is a 4.5 hour drive for me, so it just became too much once my wife started popping out kids.

Oh, and I live within 10 miles of the stadium so travel is not an issue with me.

Once I gave up the season tickets, I actually started going to more away games. Its cool to see other stadiums and not be tied down to 8 home games per year. Iowa City is a 4.5 hour drive for me, so it just became too much once my wife started popping out kids.

Again, right there with ya. I'd also like to periodically go to some away games. Madison is on bucket list. I've also heard that Northwestern is actually a very nice game to go to as far as being laid back and a nice view.

I do like hearing the occasional thumping of the drums in the background. It has a unique sound around the tailgate atmosphere.

I don't think the U is willing to give up more parking, especially around the stadium. They use that as lot parking for university staff during the work week.

Just throw an extra layer or two on the parking ramps. Would think they are expandable but I am no engineer.

We always wait by the west side inside Kinnick where the band marches out after the game. Kids love it.

Sports are nothing more than a business. Owners and AD's do not care about the fans, they care about the money those fans bring them. They prey upon the passion that fans have for their teams. They know people will show up no matter what, so they charge $5 for a bottle of water that they bought in bulk for 25 cents. They charge $4 for a fountain drink that cost them a nickle to produce.

Ask yourself this. Why is the Athletic Department charging $95 for this game and only charged $40 for the North Texas game? Is it because the athletic department cares about the fans and cares about a sellout, or is the athletic department just trying to maximize their profits? Can the athletic department survive financially on $45 per game? Of course they can. They charge $95 for the Penn State game because they know people will pay it. ITS...A....BUSINESS...

Basically, if you don't realize what is going on then you are the sucker.

Market forces man. We complain when we play a team like North texas and then we complain when we play a penn state. Pricing like that is the same when you go to a movie. Is that large popcorn really costing the theater that much? I do eat before I go in as the food out on Melrose is much better than what is served inside. We want great facilities and coaches and security at games and entertainment and all the fixin's but it seems like not everyone is willing to pay for what they seem to want. Stuff isn't free. Keep watching on tv though as ratings help the tv money which is gonna dwarf attendance money.

If attendance keeps dropping and or ratings begin dropping I can guarantee you we will see an expansion of the playoff system. If they want the money to keep growing and keep the interest in the game they will expand it. More teams in it heading into November means a lot more eye balls watching across the country.

Market forces man. We complain when we play a team like North texas and then we complain when we play a penn state. Pricing like that is the same when you go to a movie. Is that large popcorn really costing the theater that much? I do eat before I go in as the food out on Melrose is much better than what is served inside. We want great facilities and coaches and security at games and entertainment and all the fixin's but it seems like not everyone is willing to pay for what they seem to want. Stuff isn't free. Keep watching on tv though as ratings help the tv money which is gonna dwarf attendance money.

If attendance keeps dropping and or ratings begin dropping I can guarantee you we will see an expansion of the playoff system. If they want the money to keep growing and keep the interest in the game they will expand it. More teams in it heading into November means a lot more eye balls watching across the country.

Oh I completely agree. I'm just sick of this stigma from some fans that if you don't go to the games in person you're not a true fan.

I am a Hawk from C-Bus and hate everything that is OSU. But they don't seem to have a problem filling the shoe full of 106,000 idiots for the Michigan game at base price of $195 a pop. If you want to roll with the big boys and be a big boy program which is what we all believe Iowa is, than this is unfortunately what the cost of that brings. I am with most on here, with a family of 4 I can spend $1,500 on a nice lake get away for my entire family. It just depends on what is important to you and your family.

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/...rd-price-for-michigan-tickets-in-2016-110515/

You can't really compare the two. Columbus alone is 860,000 people. That's more than all of eastern iowa. So of course their tickets will cost more, as they have the population to support it.

Latest posts