$95 a seat?

Would you pay $100 + for tix to this game?

• Yes I would

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • No I would not

Votes: 37 58.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

1hawkeye1

Dang. That's a lotta jack. Especially if you got a wife and kidlets. I'm working that evening so not an option for me. But if it were, I would choose my living room to watch this one.

Would you pay this? What if you had a family of four or more?

And with fees, it's well over $100

Dang. That's a lotta jack. Especially if you got a wife and kidlets. I'm working that evening so not an option for me. But if it were, I would choose my living room to watch this one.

That is a loaded question really. People who have season tickets spend well over that on average for the games. Once you factor in the parkings costs, the seat license (donations) and so on. Heck if you add on top of that the cost of all your food and drinks at the tailgate, cost of gas, etc. Games cost a lot of money to go to. I guess to me I'm not gonna cry paying $50 more a ticket to see Penn St. over say a Wyoming.

Too many factors to say, but if it was to be the ONLY game I could see live, I'd do it, at least for myself.

It does bother me that it's over $100 after fees. I understand Penn State is a big name in college football (though I personally don't believe they should be allowed to have a team) but $95 a ticket is just not affordable to the average family.

Sure, the stadium will fill up, but I've gone to a whole bunch of sporting events in my life and I question if the passion from some of those folks who can just blow $500-$1000 on a three hour game is the same as Joe Blow and his two kids who watch every second of every game and could never afford such an extravagance? And what about those two kids, wouldn't they be more inclined to spend money on Iowa in the future if they got to experience something like the Penn State game in person?

I say this as someone who was lucky enough to go to Michigan and Ohio State games at Kinnick as a kid, a lot of my friends simply couldn't afford it and had to settle for games like Kent State and Tennessee Tech, and I don't think that is really the same experience.

Sorry for the novel!

I just spent $150 for an American Girl Doll with "accessories" for my daughter's birthday.

It's all supply and demand. My guess is that Kinnick will be full or darn close to it Saturday night.

But your daughter will have her American Girl Doll for several years and maybe pass it on to her children. Saturday's Penn St game is one-and-done!

If I was single I would. No with a family of 4 until I pay the house off. All extra $$ now seems to go to youth sports.

where is it $100 on stub hub?

if it was just me i would hang outside kinnick and look for an extra ticket for sale or wait until the scalpers have to lower their price.

tickets get real cheap right before kickoff

let's make sure these clowns don't get into Kinnick.......

penn-state-fan.jpg

where is it $100 on stub hub?

if it was just me i would hang outside kinnick and look for an extra ticket for sale or wait until the scalpers have to lower their price.

tickets get real cheap right before kickoff

I as well. What do you think a family of 4 could get into a high profile game for? I've always thought about doing this, but now one has to worry about faux tickets and scammers.

FWIW, tickets to last week's Rams/Colts game in LA went as cheap as $6. It's pretty bad when a family of 15.8 can go to an NFL game for the price one one Iowa ticket.

I as well. What do you think a family of 4 could get into a high profile game for? I've always thought about doing this, but now one has to worry about faux tickets and scammers.

Take the kiddies to a youth ticket game. Some are decent games to see for the adults. For the kids they don't care as every game is a big one. I remember going to the Northwestern games as a kid and Northwestern stunk terribly back then. I didn't care one bit. Last year's Nebraska game was a youth game. Hauled 5 kids to that one. Got to see a great game against a "national power".

That's a lot of coin, no doubt. If I weren't a season ticket holder, I can honestly say I would not for this game. As Rob said, it's basic supply and demand. Do I like it? No... That said, I would be holding out hope for the B10 Championship game and would have no problem paying that much for that game. Wait until the Ohio State game. Tickets on Stubhub are currently being sold for no less, than $110.

I pay that typically or more for really good seats for the 1 or 2 games I go to Kinnick a year. It's worth it if you want to be there.

I just spent $150 for an American Girl Doll with "accessories" for my daughter's birthday.

It's all supply and demand. My guess is that Kinnick will be full or darn close to it Saturday night.

$150? That's it? Damn, you got off easy. I start to sob when I think about how much money I've wasted on that stuff for my two girls. :(

I pay that typically or more for really good seats for the 1 or 2 games I go to Kinnick a year. It's worth it if you want to be there.

Scalping for a big game is a crap shoot if you ask me. I've had buddies wait last minute on a big game, get crap seats and pay just as much. Plus now with the scamming I wouldn't trust 1/2 the tickets out there. Last but not least, If I am going to pony up for a game, I want to know where I am sitting and have fun at the tailgate. Not worth it trying to save $20-$30 for all the hassles and risk (fake tickets) to not have that all figured out before I hit the road.

Take the kiddies to a youth ticket game. Some are decent games to see for the adults. For the kids they don't care as every game is a big one. I remember going to the Northwestern games as a kid and Northwestern stunk terribly back then. I didn't care one bit. Last year's Nebraska game was a youth game. Hauled 5 kids to that one. Got to see a great game against a "national power".

We've done the cheaper tix youth games in the past. My boys (twins) are aware of who the "power" teams are and I think would like to go to one of the big games. One has even commented in the last couple years "Dad, it would be fun to go to the Michigan game, Penn State game, or night game etc.." They are aware of the special games at their age (10) now. I'll have to work on a big game maybe next year.

Question was what kind of $$ could you get by with getting scalper tix at one of these big games for a family of 4?

Latest posts