$95 a seat?

Would you pay $100 + for tix to this game?

• Yes I would

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • No I would not

Votes: 37 58.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We've done the cheaper tix youth games in the past. My boys (twins) are aware of who the "power" teams are and I think would like to go to one of the big games. One has even commented in the last couple years "Dad, it would be fun to go to the Michigan game, Penn State game, or night game etc.." They are aware of the special games at their age (10) now. I'll have to work on a big game maybe next year.

Question was what kind of $$ could you get by with getting scalper tix at one of these big games for a family of 4?

It is tougher when you want 4 tix together. Plus then you need to think about location and what is acceptable or not for you. I mean do you pay $50 a ticket for North end zone seats (seat are packed tight), or do you pay $95 for 30 yard line tickets? Too much hassle in my mind to be trying to figure out right before the game. Maybe that is just me.

I gave up my 2 season tickets this year, mainly because of travel issues. However, after taking 2 adults and 2 kids to the N. Texas game at $65/ticket, I can see how cost factors in for many people, especially if you are buying more than 2 tickets. For various reasons I think Iowa will come down on ticket prices. People just have too many reasons now to stay home. Cost is one thing that Iowa can control.

That is the sad thing that sports can tilt towards an upper middle class, well off experience when it can come to game tickets like this. The same thing for charging 1000s of dollars to go see the Rose Bowl. That is your free market for you though.....and have to find a way to pay off some XZY coach's or player's salary.

It is tougher when you want 4 tix together. Plus then you need to think about location and what is acceptable or not for you. I mean do you pay $50 a ticket for North end zone seats (seat are packed tight), or do you pay $95 for 30 yard line tickets? Too much hassle in my mind to be trying to figure out right before the game. Maybe that is just me.

I agree. I wouldn't want to be scrambling 10 min after KO, then get the tickets then hope that they will actually be able to be scanned when at the gate & not get scammed.

Really, are there still scalpers around at games or has that profession fallen by the wayside? It seems the last game I went to I really didn't see any unless I was just at the wrong place.

We just spent $70 for just the American Doll drum set for our granddaughters birthday. That AD stuff ain't cheap.

I would be out in front of Kinnick waiting for the scalpers to cut and run.

I just spent $150 for an American Girl Doll with "accessories" for my daughter's birthday.

It's all supply and demand. My guess is that Kinnick will be full or darn close to it Saturday night.

Its the accessories that get ya. Brilliant move by the leaders of the company. Don't get me wrong, It's absolutely ridiculous to spend that, but as you said....supply and demand. I'll be buying one soon. Ugh.

But your daughter will have her American Girl Doll for several years and maybe pass it on to her children. Saturday's Penn St game is one-and-done!

My game memories last a lifetime, or at least until senility. I sure am happy to have paid similar prices for the Michigan game last year.

Luckily for a night game, there will be plenty of students that are passed out and don't even make it to the game, so there's usually a few rows available at the top of the student section if you don't mind sitting there. A bit better than the endzones at least.

Luckily for a night game, there will be plenty of students that are passed out and don't even make it to the game, so there's usually a few rows available at the top of the student section if you don't mind sitting there. A bit better than the endzones at least.

The last time I did this was the 2005 Michigan game. God, I still remember that game, F***!!!!

I as well. What do you think a family of 4 could get into a high profile game for? I've always thought about doing this, but now one has to worry about faux tickets and scammers.

Well it is hard to find a scalper with 4 tickets together. The tickets could be very cheap.

I have been left with extra tickets in my hand when a top 10 ranked Ohio State team is at Kinnick to play a good Iowa team. I could not sell them for $5 so like I usually do I gave them to some kids.

I gave up my 2 season tickets this year, mainly because of travel issues. However, after taking 2 adults and 2 kids to the N. Texas game at $65/ticket, I can see how cost factors in for many people, especially if you are buying more than 2 tickets. For various reasons I think Iowa will come down on ticket prices. People just have too many reasons now to stay home. Cost is one thing that Iowa can control.

North Texas was a youth game so the two kids could have been at $25 each if you chose to. Would have saved yourself $80.

We've done the cheaper tix youth games in the past. My boys (twins) are aware of who the "power" teams are and I think would like to go to one of the big games. One has even commented in the last couple years "Dad, it would be fun to go to the Michigan game, Penn State game, or night game etc.." They are aware of the special games at their age (10) now. I'll have to work on a big game maybe next year.

Question was what kind of $$ could you get by with getting scalper tix at one of these big games for a family of 4?

I don't know as I don't pay attention to them with tickets in hand. If I have ever needed extra or needed to get seats somewhere I buy through ticket office if available or through stub hub so I know I am going for sure and won't end up scammed. At least stub hub gives you an idea of market prices heading into game day.

Tickets will go down on Stubhub before kickoff. Last I saw they were already down to $75 on there.

Looks like the lowest is $83 now, but you have to factor in the crazy fees too, those $83 tickets end up being over $103 after stubhub fees.

You still need a ticket to get in though.