2019 Tyreke Locure

Speaking of negative Nancy's, I can still remember my Dad yelling @ the TV, "REBOUND!!", before every one of Gerry Wright's ft attempts back in the day. Maybe for good reason...

Yeah I'm strictly hoping at this point that Fran's squad can turn it around this year, as I don't have any confidence in him any longer. I will be rooting hard for Iowa and him though, and I will make an effort not to just be all over that all the time, as I don't like to be a negative Nancy.
If we're in the bottom half of the B1G when February rolls around, you're not gonna be Polly Positive, nor should you be.

Yes, you are definitely a sunshine pumping kool aid drinker when it comes to the Royal Ferentz Family.

That's simply not true. Maybe you're just prone to read everything I write that might be perceived as negative while ignoring the positive stuff I post.

Well I won't argue on basketball. That program still has a lot of growing to do. I'm not sure anyone is very happy with the basketball situation right now, but 1 awesome season could change those opinions.

As for the Football program...I really don't understand the hate. Ferentz has his flaws for sure, but he has our program on an extremely sturdy foundation. He produces wave after wave of respectable young men. I personally am not keen on rolling the dice on the positives that Kirk brings, for the potential of 1 win more per season aggregate.

If we're in the bottom half of the B1G when February rolls around, you're not gonna be Polly Positive, nor should you be.

Oh I'm gonna be pissed if we don't make the NCAA tournament this year. Fran should be fired 100% for sure if we can't get back into the NCAA's. I would have fired him after this year's dumpster fire if it were up to me.

Oh I'm gonna be pissed if we don't make the NCAA tournament this year. Fran should be fired 100% for sure if we can't get back into the NCAA's. I would have fired him after this year's dumpster fire if it were up to me.

I am also in that camp. My expectation is and would be. NCAA 50% of the time. If you miss it 2 times in a row you had better have a string of consecutive appearances before and after. Your second missed year should be a near miss like a bubble team. You should be trending closer to getting in not further away. This last season was like a sharp inhale on a sub zero day. It was cold, shocking, and painful. It has made many of us look at the program in a new and less flattering light. Fran's goodwill bank is almost negative. It desperately needs a substantial deposit.

All of that said. I actually do believe in the players. I see the individual talent. I believe this team could and should compete at a high level. Fran has to find a way to make that happen. Otherwise he is not the man for the job and giving him the extra year to prove it will end up being catastrophic.

If we fire Fran after this season we could and probably would lose up to 50% of our projected roster for the 2019-2020 season and we essentially would be hiring a new coach to perform a new rebuild. That is not where any of us want this program to be. However if Fran can't produce we must make the move and live with results.

Well I won't argue on basketball. That program still has a lot of growing to do. I'm not sure anyone is very happy with the basketball situation right now, but 1 awesome season could change those opinions.

As for the Football program...I really don't understand the hate. Ferentz has his flaws for sure, but he has our program on an extremely sturdy foundation. He produces wave after wave of respectable young men. I personally am not keen on rolling the dice on the positives that Kirk brings, for the potential of 1 win more per season aggregate.

Totally agree. I mean I would say that if football were BB then
I am also in that camp. My expectation is and would be. NCAA 50% of the time. If you miss it 2 times in a row you had better have a string of consecutive appearances before and after. Your second missed year should be a near miss like a bubble team. You should be trending closer to getting in not further away. This last season was like a sharp inhale on a sub zero day. It was cold, shocking, and painful. It has made many of us look at the program in a new and less flattering light. Fran's goodwill bank is almost negative. It desperately needs a substantial deposit.

All of that said. I actually do believe in the players. I see the individual talent. I believe this team could and should compete at a high level. Fran has to find a way to make that happen. Otherwise he is not the man for the job and giving him the extra year to prove it will end up being catastrophic.

If we fire Fran after this season we could and probably would lose up to 50% of our projected roster for the 2019-2020 season and we essentially would be hiring a new coach to perform a new rebuild. That is not where any of us want this program to be. However if Fran can't produce we must make the move and live with results.

I don't think NCAA appearances 50% of the time is acceptable. I will say that the first 2 years of Fran I give him a pass. So basically (in my mind at least) Fran has gotten to NCAA 3 times out of 6 years. That to me is unacceptable, but I realize we all have our own definition of what "is acceptable".

Also who cares if 50% of the players from a team who missed 3 straight NCAA tournaments leaves? I mean right there we are being shown that the roster makeup isn't good enough to be NCAA quality.

35 pages & almost 700 replies(congrats TK!), I say, unless Tyreke de-commits from S. Alabama, we put this thread to bed. Plenty of other BB/recruits/PG recruit possibilities to discuss.

35 pages & almost 700 replies(congrats TK!), I say, unless Tyreke de-commits from S. Alabama, we put this thread to bed. Plenty of other BB/recruits/PG recruit possibilities to discuss.
I-Dont-Think-So.gif

Why put to bed a thread that illustrates how little tksirius knows about basketball? This is GOLD Jerry! :cool:

Aren't you one of those people that thought PMac was a top 30 recruit?
In 2016, he was. Now he's not. I'm one of those guys that understands that recruiting rankings are projections and nothing more. I've coached enough basketball players to understand that. I've seen 6'3" 8th graders dominate and then stop growing. By 11th grade, they no longer dominate. I can also tell by the emoticons, when a post is poking fun at someone and not meant to be serious.

In 2016, he was. Now he's not. I'm one of those guys that understands that recruiting rankings are projections and nothing more. I've coached enough basketball players to understand that. I've seen 6'3" 8th graders dominate and then stop growing. By 11th grade, they no longer dominate. I can also tell by the emoticons, when a post is poking fun at someone and not meant to be serious.
Why so serious?

Latest posts