2019 Tyreke Locure

Whatever, these BS stories about Locure being such a bad person are ridiculous. I can't recall any other Iowa players in any sport whining like entitled brats because he or she didn't receive an award. Both Pat & Connor did it for several hours on Twitter. I'm looking forward to how they react when Locure wins Mr. Iowa.
Look it's not first hand from me but I do know the dude that told me this. He's been a ref for a long time. He's been hit up for his 2 cents on lots of kids over the years going back to kids like David Newman at Hoover in the late 90s and the Sears brothers from Ankeny when they were coming up. Take it for what it is...

My description of the 'typical North' kid is meant pretty much how Adam says. I won't say there's not a racial component but mostly it's financial. That school is the most diverse in the state and I bet it's the poorest of all the Dsm schools. His Mother isn't exactly mother of the year material and he's got an older brother that had a ton of talent that pissed it away. Right or wrong some evaluators see all that along with the other factors with the fact he's on the smaller side and just feel he's not worth the risk he'd be.

My take on the kid is he's explosive and has big time talent. He's had the highest level of players to go against and they can't slow him down. I feel it's totally unfair to hold against a kid what he has no control over. There's been plenty of kids from rough upbringings go on to do great things. I think if the kid isn't a total lost cause then as a coach you should have the confidence in yourself to help raise him up and get the most out of him. But some coaches get to the risk/reward aspect of it and just have different ways of looking at it...

Look it's not first hand from me but I do know the dude that told me this. He's been a ref for a long time. He's been hit up for his 2 cents on lots of kids over the years going back to kids like David Newman at Hoover in the late 90s and the Sears brothers from Ankeny when they were coming up. Take it for what it is...

My description of the 'typical North' kid is meant pretty much how Adam says. I won't say there's not a racial component but mostly it's financial. That school is the most diverse in the state and I bet it's the poorest of all the Dsm schools. His Mother isn't exactly mother of the year material and he's got an older brother that had a ton of talent that pissed it away. Right or wrong some evaluators see all that along with the other factors with the fact he's on the smaller side and just feel he's not worth the risk he'd be.

My take on the kid is he's explosive and has big time talent. He's had the highest level of players to go against and they can't slow him down. I feel it's totally unfair to hold against a kid what he has no control over. There's been plenty of kids from rough upbringings go on to do great things. I think if the kid isn't a total lost cause then as a coach you should have the confidence in yourself to help raise him up and get the most out of him. But some coaches get to the risk/reward aspect of it and just have different ways of looking at it...
Was this so-called ref part of the officiating crew that made sure Johnston beat North in the playoffs this past year? I know a girl from Johnston that was at that game and she said it was one of the worst officiated basketball games she'd ever seen. She was rooting for Johnston, so... ;)

Was this so-called ref part of the officiating crew that made sure Johnston beat North in the playoffs this past year? I know a girl from Johnston that was at that game and she said it was one of the worst officiated basketball games she'd ever seen. She was rooting for Johnston, so... ;)
Good question I could find out.

Good question I could find out.
Wouldn't do you any good. tk has a vendetta of some sort going on against Iowa coaches. Foe some reason the coaches didn't want to offer the kid, it is what it is... Interesting to note - Iowa wasn't alone in that category, but for some reason Iowa has a black eye (in tk's mind) based on one coach and not the multiple coaches that didn't offer. Look. I don't pretend to know anything about this kid or why the coaches went the direction they did... I just know that attempting to prove them wrong and change everyone's mind from a forum is a fruitless endeavor and rather tiresome to those of us that like to read about Hawkeye sports activities. Just saying... Actually tk reminds of a guy that went by glidinghawk on other sites, years past...

Wouldn't do you any good. tk has a vendetta of some sort going on against Iowa coaches. Foe some reason the coaches didn't want to offer the kid, it is what it is... Interesting to note - Iowa wasn't alone in that category, but for some reason Iowa has a black eye (in tk's mind) based on one coach and not the multiple coaches that didn't offer. Look. I don't pretend to know anything about this kid or why the coaches went the direction they did... I just know that attempting to prove them wrong and change everyone's mind from a forum is a fruitless endeavor and rather tiresome to those of us that like to read about Hawkeye sports activities. Just saying... Actually tk reminds of a guy that went by glidinghawk on other sites, years past...
@ClintonIAfan is that you?

It is weird how tk views everything so negative and refuses to see anything positive at all, yet with Locure he sees only positive and refuses to hear anything negative. I just wish Locure would commit to Iowa so we could see how fast tk changes his stance on him.

It is weird how tk views everything so negative and refuses to see anything positive at all, yet with Locure he sees only positive and refuses to hear anything negative. I just wish Locure would commit to Iowa so we could see how fast tk changes his stance on him.
Your act is older than my promotion of Locure.

TK is pretty much anti Iowa for the most part. He does love him some Locure/Benjamin/Willis tho.

I haven't said anything worse about Fran & the bb program than you have.

And still you are perceived as a negative 1/2 glass full guy negative all around on both the BB and football programs, and I'm received as a sunshine pumping kool aid drinking shill for the Iowa program.

Maybe it is because while I do criticize Fran and the football program, I am still highly supportive of both programs the vast majority of the time. You, well you are negative the vast majority of the time.

and I'm received as a sunshine pumping kool aid drinking shill for the Iowa program.
Yes, you are definitely a sunshine pumping kool aid drinker when it comes to the Royal Ferentz Family.

You, well you are negative the vast majority of the time.
That's simply not true. Maybe you're just prone to read everything I write that might be perceived as negative while ignoring the positive stuff I post.

That's simply not true. Maybe you're just prone to read everything I write that might be perceived as negative while ignoring the positive stuff I post.

I said you weren't negative about the players, and nearly all of your positive posts are about players. Maybe you do post some positive stuff about the program, but I think we both know the vast majority of those are negative.

I said you weren't negative about the players, and nearly all of your positive posts are about players. Maybe you do post some positive stuff about the program, but I think we both know the vast majority of those are negative.
Well, at least we pretty much agree about the basketball coaching the past couple of years.That's how I know you're not Clinton, HuckFinn, Hawkleberry Finn, or whatever username he's using at the time.

Well, at least we pretty much agree about the basketball coaching the past couple of years.That's how I know you're not Clinton, HuckFinn, Hawkleberry Finn, or whatever username he's using at the time.
Remember the guy who claimed to live in a trailer and posted all kinds of weird stuff? I can't seem to remember his alt... I still think that was an ISU fan trolling the site.

Yeah I'm strictly hoping at this point that Fran's squad can turn it around this year, as I don't have any confidence in him any longer. I will be rooting hard for Iowa and him though, and I will make an effort not to just be all over that all the time, as I don't like to be a negative Nancy.

Latest posts