2019 Tyreke Locure

Yeah, that last part kind of throws me. Connor advocating for a '19 PG is certainly interesting, to say the least. Makes me wonder if he either thinks JBo can't/shouldn't carry the load, just moving to SG, or COnnor, himself, would rather not play much at PG.

Or he's just being politically correct and saying what people want to hear.

It will be interesting to see if any other offers are made. I doubt it unless he really blows up. And then it might unleash a flood of offers.

I think the only offers that would possibly change his mind are blue bloods.
Recently heard some new to me back round opinion on the kid that's not very favorable. Sounds like he's more of the prototypical North High kid than what'd I'd heard before. I've heard that he speaks in 3rd person a lot and if I were to elaborate more on it I'd be labeled a racist... I can't say who told me this other than that he's a referee in the CIML who's been around him up close multiple times the last few years.

A small southern school away from the pressures and everything the larger programs would entice him with is probably just the ticket for him from everything I've heard.

College coaches believe this or not hit up HS refs for their takes on kids all the time due to the lack of biases all the HS coaches and teachers will often have. He said he's not surprised the Iowa schools haven't offered based on his conversations with both ISU and Iowas staffs along with UConn and a few others that he's spoken with. He said that Tyreke is just not the kind of kid Fran was going to hitch his wagon to as the face of the program. I guess that's the nice way to say it....

Recently heard some new to me back round opinion on the kid that's not very favorable. Sounds like he's more of the prototypical North High kid than what'd I'd heard before. I've heard that he speaks in 3rd person a lot and if I were to elaborate more on it I'd be labeled a racist... I can't say who told me this other than that he's a referee in the CIML who's been around him up close multiple times the last few years.

A small southern school away from the pressures and everything the larger programs would entice him with is probably just the ticket for him from everything I've heard.

College coaches believe this or not hit up HS refs for their takes on kids all the time due to the lack of biases all the HS coaches and teachers will often have. He said he's not surprised the Iowa schools haven't offered based on his conversations with both ISU and Iowas staffs along with UConn and a few others that he's spoken with. He said that Tyreke is just not the kind of kid Fran was going to hitch his wagon to as the face of the program. I guess that's the nice way to say it....
Fran would rather hitch his wagon to kids that go on twitter bitch fests because the entitled brat didn't win Mr. Iowa.

Wow TK, this sounds like something @Cytwins would say.
Whatever, these BS stories about Locure being such a bad person are ridiculous. I can't recall any other Iowa players in any sport whining like entitled brats because he or she didn't receive an award. Both Pat & Connor did it for several hours on Twitter. I'm looking forward to how they react when Locure wins Mr. Iowa.

What does being a "prototypical North High kid" mean exactly?

Whatever, these BS stories about Locure being such a bad person are ridiculous. I can't recall any other Iowa players in any sport whining like entitled brats because he or she didn't receive an award. Both Pat & Connor did it for several hours on Twitter. I'm looking forward to how they react when Locure wins Mr. Iowa.

I'm not sure why you are wanting to attack Pat and Connor because someone posted what they heard about Locure? You are coming unhinged here, that is typically my department.

I'm not sure why you are wanting to attack Pat and Connor because someone posted what they heard about Locure? You are coming unhinged here, that is typically my department.
It's just the hypocrisy of it that gets to me. Maybe I've been drinking too much of that snake oil. :D

I don't think the characterizations of Locure or the McCaffery boys being painted here are true. They're high school kids that don't always make the best decisions. It happens.

Locure isn't a "bad kid" and the McCaffery's aren't "entitled brats."

It's all really silly.

Last edited:
What does being a "prototypical North High kid" mean exactly?

You know what it means. Nearly 70% of that school district is well under the household poverty line. It doesn't necessarily indicate anything racial. Plenty of poor white kids out there raising hell.

Look I will stand with you on the fact that Locure is better than any PG prospect we can reasonably get now, but let's not pretend that there isn't a good chance that the kid just has a bad wrap. He might be a fine kid. Good hearted kids mess up all the time. It is quite possible that he made a few mistakes and has simply had a tough time getting certain people to look past them. For what it's worth Fran is pretty far right on the judgemental scale. Some of it necessary some of it not.

I don't think the characterizations of Locure or the McCaffery boys being painted here are true. They're high school kids that don't always make the best decisions. It happens.

Locure isn't a "bad kid" and the McCaffery's are "entitled brats."

It's all really silly.

Totally true. I mean TK calling a 15 year old kid entitled because he took to twitter and posted some thing he shouldn't is just dumb. I mean posters like TK and I post dumber stuff as adults on this site on a weekly basis, heck sometimes daily basis.

Totally true. I mean TK calling a 15 year old kid entitled because he took to twitter and posted some thing he shouldn't is just dumb. I mean posters like TK and I post dumber stuff as adults on this site on a weekly basis, heck sometimes daily basis.

You guys are both a little nutty. But that's OK. I still love you. ;)

Latest posts