2019 Tyreke Locure

It sounds like Locure picked South Alabama for all the right reasons. If he is smart he will stick with his commitment even if some late suitors arise. Tell them to go to hell and play for the man who believed in you from the start. I imagine we could see S Alabama in the tournament in a few years.

Good luck to you Mr Locure and congratulations.
Yeah I'm not sure what kind of higher offer it'd take to get him to flip. Could an Iowa or ISU type of school do it? Maybe maybe not. Just because that coach was the most open and adamant about wanting him (even if he's a little later to the party) doesn't necessarily mean it'll be the best fit for him either. Schools that show 'loyalty' to that extent are most often rewarded by the recruits commitment. So I would bet he will end up there. But again July is a huge month for schools to evaluate kids and it's still quite a ways from signing day yet. It still amazes me how like 85% of recruiting/evaluating of players is pretty much done prior to them playing a second of their senior years.. But that's the nature of the bizz

Well in fairness I don't think 'we' are so much as TK is and we are just still reading it. I don't mind the kid is from North High and I'll follow his career regardless of where he ends up.

Meh, if he doesn't go to Iowa I guess I just don't care. I won't really follow DJ's career either. That one will be tougher though, as he is going to be at a B1G school so we will play against him and hear about him all the time.

Meh, if he doesn't go to Iowa I guess I just don't care. I won't really follow DJ's career either. That one will be tougher though, as he is going to be at a B1G school so we will play against him and hear about him all the time.
For sure I get that. There's enough useless knowledge rattling up in my head as it is too. I gotta pick and choose what I prioritize to cram in there. Like you said we won't have to try to hear about Carton his name will be thrown around a lot almost no matter how he does. Locure I'm sure if one wants to follow him you'll have to seek it out more or have TK do it for us.

That won't happen. Iowa will pass on '19 PG and focus on '20 PG now. I think Iowa has already offered several in the last few days, all '20 kids.

So the report that Iowa this month is going to evaluate those two '19 kids, Hutchins and the kid from Ohio isn't true?

I think we are obsessed because we don't look forward to another year of getting sliced and diced by quick point guards with no answer defensively. Locure was one of those quick guys with lots of steals and offered some hope for defense. Connor is a great passer with good court vision, but not all that quick.

So the report that Iowa this month is going to evaluate those two '19 kids, Hutchins and the kid from Ohio isn't true?

Since when is evaluation an offer? Im just looking at what the coaches are actually doing. Iowa coaches were going to evalute them and neither have gotten an offer. At the same time Iowa is our evaluating ‘20 PG and 2 recently just got offers.

Now I could be wrong, but to me it seems to me that Iowa is gonna pass on a PG in ‘19 (makes total sense at they have Jordan and Connor). I think DJ was the only PG they would have taken, and since he eliminated Iowa, Iowa has in turn started looking toward ‘20 PG.

Since when is evaluation an offer? Im just looking at what the coaches are actually doing. Iowa coaches were going to evalute them and neither have gotten an offer. At the same time Iowa is our evaluating ‘20 PG and 2 recently just got offers.

Now I could be wrong, but to me it seems to me that Iowa is gonna pass on a PG in ‘19 (makes total sense at they have Jordan and Connor). I think DJ was the only PG they would have taken, and since he eliminated Iowa, Iowa has in turn started looking toward ‘20 PG.

I'm not saying an eval is an offer but I don't think we can close the door on an offer for a '19 point if they're taking the time to evaluate. Maybe you know more than I and know for a fact they aren't going to offer any pgs from '19. And it's OK if you do.

I'm not saying an eval is an offer but I don't think we can close the door on an offer for a '19 point if they're taking the time to evaluate. Maybe you know more than I and know for a fact they aren't going to offer any pgs from '19. And it's OK if you do.

If anyone tells you somethings is a FACT in recruiting, they are lying to you. Of course I don't know for a fact Iowa won't offer a '19 PG. I think it is fairly obvious though that the signs are pointing to that and have been for a long time (IE that DJ was the only PG they would talk from the '19 class).

If anyone tells you somethings is a FACT in recruiting, they are lying to you. Of course I don't know for a fact Iowa won't offer a '19 PG. I think it is fairly obvious though that the signs are pointing to that and have been for a long time (IE that DJ was the only PG they would talk from the '19 class).

You're probably right but Fran needs better athletes and if it's a pg, so be it. Better that than another relatively non-athletic combo guard. Sounds like Connor even went to bat for Fran to get another pg.

You're probably right but Fran needs better athletes and if it's a pg, so be it. Better that than another relatively non-athletic combo guard. Sounds like Connor even went to bat for Fran to get another pg.

Yeah, that last part kind of throws me. Connor advocating for a '19 PG is certainly interesting, to say the least. Makes me wonder if he either thinks JBo can't/shouldn't carry the load, just moving to SG, or COnnor, himself, would rather not play much at PG.

Yeah, that last part kind of throws me. Connor advocating for a '19 PG is certainly interesting, to say the least. Makes me wonder if he either thinks JBo can't/shouldn't carry the load, just moving to SG, or COnnor, himself, would rather not play much at PG.

Or from Connor's perspective, even if he has all the talent and capability to be a solid starting point guard, he'll never get the opportunity to pursue baseball if he's THE guy. He probably wants to help the team as much as he can, but being around the highest levels of basketball for so long, he knows he doesn't have as good a shot at going pro in basketball as he does in baseball. Having an objectively better PG in front of him for his entire career would be a huge burden off of him and enable his return to the original plan.

Sidebar, I've heard Patrick is getting the PG minutes for his AAU team this summer. I'm starting to wonder if Fran might already have his PG of the future..... (I'm about 30% serious)

Latest posts