2019 Recruiting: Big Board

Winning isn't as easy as just "wanting to win". For every Wisconsin , there are way more other programs who want to win just as bad but can't get it done. It's like people think if we had an AD who cared, there would be 100% chance of being a blue blood.

And Kirk does win when the pressure is on. I'm pretty sure that is dumb luck tho. If not, why wouldn't he just do the same thing every year that he does when he's on the hot seat? He's just too lazy? I don't buy that. Also I've never really seen anything different during those years other than maybe naming Beathard the starter.
Winning is not as easy as just wanting to win, but you can’t get better if you don’t try to improve. What I mean by that is that our AD doesn’t appear to be motivating his coaches to improve and isn’t demanding success from his coaches. All his actions make it seem, as you say “we are little ole Iowa” and we will never do any better. That attitude drives the apathy that currently exists across our athletic department as a whole, and the on the field results are very apparent. With Fran’s wild extension he said we will have some good year and some bad years, that’s just a sad and pathetic statement (even if there is some truth to it). Now I’m not even calling for KF to be fired, I think he’s a fine football coach, I just think under the proper motivation he can produce much more than we have seen in recent years.

The irony as you compare the challenges in football and basketball. Fran can score but the defense has been sorely lacking. In football we see just the opposite.

I do think the problem on the football side can be solved much more easier. Fran just seems to lack the ability either to recruit defensive athletic ability or his coaching falls short. KF just chooses to play a conservative ball control type of offense and is so set in his ways. Him and Paterno had this in common. Now PSU has an offensive minded coach and that program has made major improvements. Why would a coach with a strong defense be afraid to roll the dice on offense? It seems ass backwards. If your make a mistake once in a while on offense you have a very solid defense to compensate for it. Most fans enjoy wide open football for an entertainment factor.

This methodical boring same ole, same ole offensive scheme is not enjoyable to watch. Just the thought of his son taking over the reins and giving all of another dose of boring garbage is redicoulos.

What is really redicoulos is all the crap Iowa fans have giving Iowa State fans over the years. Wisconsin fans can point their fingers at us and say the same thing.

We are not competing against Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan state, or Penn State to win our division. If you had said that over twenty-five years ago most Iowa fans would have been saying “WTF?” “Who in the hell is beating us out?” Wisconsin who WAS our bitch? Northwestern who WAS our bitch? Nebraska who has been “a has been” for almost twenty years.

Twenty-five years ago if you told them this would be wondering WTF happened????? How effed up the Iowa program. Who is the moron that caused this?

Barta take a bow.

I'm not surprised, I'm honestly surprised ISU spent any time recruiting him at all after getting in so late.

I'm not surprised, I'm honestly surprised ISU spent any time recruiting him at all after getting in so late.

I guess I am more surprised because I have heard from a few ISU fans who thought they were in a good position. Same with Wisconsin as they were in on him pretty early and made him a priority. Xavier is the real surprise for me, but I heard they hired Minnesota's lead recruiter for him, so that helped get them in the fold.

I don’t think we will land D.J., but I do like him even more now that he cut out UW and ISU.

Assuming all schools are equal in this, there'a a 50% chance he'll be playing against us every year with a chance we could see him 2-3 times per year. I get the feeling that would end very poorly for us. So lets hope he ends up being a hawk!

I guess I am more surprised because I have heard from a few ISU fans who thought they were in a good position. Same with Wisconsin as they were in on him pretty early and made him a priority. Xavier is the real surprise for me, but I heard they hired Minnesota's lead recruiter for him, so that helped get them in the fold.

There is a contingent of fans that think we'll sign everybody we offer. There were also ISU fans saying we had no shot with him right away so it's tough to say, the reviews were mixed for sure.

Assuming all schools are equal in this, there'a a 50% chance he'll be playing against us every year with a chance we could see him 2-3 times per year. I get the feeling that would end very poorly for us. So lets hope he ends up being a hawk!
Right now I’m just not getting my hopes up after all the letdowns we’ve had in the past. Would be that much sweeter if we got him.

Frans kid is our lead recruiter on him I think... If he can convince him to play with him and how good of a duo they can be together that's probably our best shot... Along with style of play. Fran would give him the keys to the offense and let him drive that bus. I think we have a good shot but just too early to tell for sure just yet.

Not only do we need a PG, but is anybody slightly concerned that aside from Garza, we'll be pretty weak inside after Cook leaves? What about PF? defensive presence, rebounder, enforcer...call it what you will.

Not only do we need a PG, but is anybody slightly concerned that aside from Garza, we'll be pretty weak inside after Cook leaves? What about PF? defensive presence, rebounder, enforcer...call it what you will.
I’m not. Jack Nunge had a better block % than both those guys last year. He’s 6’11/225 but now he should have some time in the weight room so those numbers should go up. We also have Kriener and Pemsl as other options.

I’m not. Jack Nunge had a better block % than both those guys last year. He’s 6’11/225 but now he should have some time in the weight room so those numbers should go up. We also have Kriener and Pemsl as other options.

I think Nunge will become an increased presence...no doubt. Kreiner and Pemsl are same class as Cook. So assuming he goes pro after next year, they'll be able to fill that void in 2019-20. I hope we're recruiting some inside strength for after that.

Last edited:
I think Nunge will become an increased presence...no doubt. Kreiner and Pemsl are same class as Cook. So assuming he goes pro after next year, they'll be able to fill that void in 2019=20. I hope we're recruiting some inside strength for after that.
Xavier Foster come on down. Looking at a few forwards in the 2019 class as well.

Latest posts