2017 Chicago Cubs Thread

Good sweep of the Reds with the bats heating up a little. Bryant back in the lineup makes a huge difference. Would love to see Jake pitch well one game, he is a big key to our potential postseason run. Now on to the Brew Crew!

How in the heck can you keep leaving bases loaded and not get a run! There's a couple of people that needs to sit for awhile. There was like 10 walks and a couple of hit batters and you only score 2. Pathetic. I'd hate to see what Bryant's risp has been the last couple of weeks.

Just no consistency on offense at all. I agree that a few guys may need to sit if they can't start getting the job done. Tons of opportunities against a weak Padres team yesterday.

Just no consistency on offense at all. I agree that a few guys may need to sit if they can't start getting the job done. Tons of opportunities against a weak Padres team yesterday.
If you sit a few guys who will replace them? I'm an optimist, that happens when you're a life long Cubs fan. They're playing this poorly and are only 1.5 games back. I have no doubt that they will figure this out.

If you sit a few guys who will replace them? I'm an optimist, that happens when you're a life long Cubs fan. They're playing this poorly and are only 1.5 games back. I have no doubt that they will figure this out.[/QUOT

I'm optimistic they'll get it going too, don't get me wrong. We have too good of players not to pick it up at some point. Everyone is struggling right now seems like. If a guy like Schwarber doesn't start raking soon then we might as well put Almora in and go for a stronger defense. Joe plays everyone though, and everyone seems to be struggling at the dish, so I understand your question it's hard to sit one guy and play another when they are all struggling.

Swept by the PADRES! They keep getting worse. Need to shake up this lineup..........something......anything to get em going. Man I can't hold my nose forever!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Lester just made a fool out of those cardinal announcers!!!!1 Doesn't get any better than that!

Ugh...Russell is supposedly a wife beater, the team is awful and not fun to watch. This season needs a reset or to be done quickly

Miggy said yesterday that the team has hit a turning point and things are going to be better from here. Also, Rizzo at leadoff has been very fun to watch.

LOL...Montero calls out Arrieta and is now being DFA'd. The Nats ran wild last night and Montero had to blame someone...so he blamed Arrieta.

Drama!

Technically Miggy is right but, you can't publicly throw your pitcher under the bus.

Especially after he publicly criticized his manager for his role during the playoffs, AFTER they had won the World Series. You would think that he would have learned from that, but nope. Don't feel sorry for him. I'm excited to see what Caratini can do.

Latest posts