2017 Chicago Cubs Thread

Don't know about the rest of you but I am sick and tired of crooked hat pitching. Why the cubs got rid of Wood instead of this boat anchor! end of rant.

Don't know about the rest of you but I am sick and tired of crooked hat pitching. Why the cubs got rid of Wood instead of this boat anchor! end of rant.

I've gotten a double dose of him. I also cheer for the Orioles, his previous team. Glad to see him leave the O's, but wish he would have gone to any other team in the MLB.

Strope isn't off to the greatest start, but in his 5 years with Chicago he has been solid. 2.80 ERA and 259 K's in 215.1 innings.

Strope isn't off to the greatest start, but in his 5 years with Chicago he has been solid. 2.80 ERA and 259 K's in 215.1 innings.
That's solid? That comes out to 43 innings a year with a 2.80 ERA. This bullpen hasn't gotten off to a very good start. The last 2 games it has given up 11 runs in 2 innings.

That's solid? That comes out to 43 innings a year with a 2.80 ERA. This bullpen hasn't gotten off to a very good start. The last 2 games it has given up 11 runs in 2 innings.
Yeah, that's pretty solid. Also, this bullpen is giving up 3.48 runs per game which is 5th best in all of the majors so far. The league average is 4.24 runs per game. We're only 12 games in, judzee. Relax.

Cubs gave up Scott Feldman and Steve Clevenger to get Strop. Pretty even trade I guess. Cubs also got a throw in named Jake Arrieta. I guess it was worth it to get Strop. ;)

Jake gives us a lead and Strop loses it. Lol In all fairness Strop did strike out 2 in his inning yesterday. Didn't give up a run.

Going to have to make a decision on keeping LaStella or Szczur on the roster soon. Tough call. Szczur I would say is a clubhouse favorite and is out of options but we also wouldn't really miss much if another team picked him up. We have plenty of OF with Zo and Bryant able to fill in out there too. LaStella does have options (and he has indicated he'll go to minors without issues this year) which makes me think sending him down would be a good idea to keep our assets in case of injury, at least for a month or so and see what happens. I do like his left handed bat off the bench though, I think he is a better pinch hitter which is really what we need from those two right now. Really tough decision to make.

Tough one last night. Had the SP on the ropes, had him at 90 pitches or so thru 4 and we didn't make them pay. Gave them a couple runs like the botched run down and we lose by one. Frustrating game.