2017 Chicago Cubs Thread

Miggy can't throw anybody out so he needs to shut his mouth! Jake pitched a bad game and Miggy didn't help matters. I think it's time to move him before he runs his mouth so bad nobody will take him!

0 for 31. Miggy hasn't thrown out anybody all year. Lol He's got a lot of nerve. Wonder how he'd like to catch Lester.

0 for 31. Miggy hasn't thrown out anybody all year. Lol He's got a lot of nerve. Wonder how he'd like to catch Lester.
The Cubs will be a one-hit wonder in baseball. First, the organization demands their games be played in windy, homerun-prone Wrigley Field. Next, the organization demands all catchers have guns for arms because two of their starting pitchers can't hold base runners on. Well, that didn't matter as long as those starters kept the the bases empty, like most of last year. Another reason the Cubs will be a one-hit wonder in baseball.

Montero doesn't belong in an orgainzation the likes of the Cubs. He should want to play for a winning organization. At least, I would.

The Cubs will be a one-hit wonder in baseball. First, the organization demands their games be played in windy, homerun-prone Wrigley Field. Next, the organization demands all catchers have guns for arms because two of their starting pitchers can't hold base runners on. Well, that didn't matter as long as those starters kept the the bases empty, like most of last year. Another reason the Cubs will be a one-hit wonder in baseball.

Montero doesn't belong in an orgainzation the likes of the Cubs. He should want to play for a winning organization. At least, I would.
Lol

LOL...The defending champs only have one guy on the all-star roster and he wasn't even on the team last year.

They'll turn it around after the break. Maybe. Maybe they'll turn it around after the break. Hopefully. Hopefully they'll turn it around after the break. Doubtful. It's doubtful that they'll turn it around after the break.

They'll turn it around after the break. Maybe. Maybe they'll turn it around after the break. Hopefully. Hopefully they'll turn it around after the break. Doubtful. It's doubtful that they'll turn it around after the break.
I think there's a 50-50 chance they'll turn it around. Doubtful? That's a card fan's wishful thinking.

I saw the Cubs were interested in trading Schwarber to Detroit for Michael Fulmer. I don't think that happens considering where the two are at in their career presently. I think Schwarber would be a good AL player though especially after the knee. Let him DH and play LF when someone needs a break.

I saw the Cubs were interested in trading Schwarber to Detroit for Michael Fulmer. I don't think that happens considering where the two are at in their career presently. I think Schwarber would be a good AL player though especially after the knee. Let him DH and play LF when someone needs a break.

If the Cubs could get Fulmer for Schwarber straight up, you take the deal right now. The Cubs front office totally over valued Schwarber this off season, they could have moved him for a kings ransom this winter. He hurts you in the field and even if he was hitting that would always be the case. He should have been dealt when is value was sky high this winter.

You'd have to think we have something left in the tank for a 2nd half run, but if we don't show life in the first couple weeks we need to possibly reset for next year. We have a great nucleus, they are all just picking the same time to play below their abilities. We have also had more injuries than last year. A lot of guys have missed time already. We were very healthy last year overall other than the Schwarber injury. Our pitchers are showing their age now also, must get younger on the mound. Really missing Hendricks. It'll be interesting to see if we can make a push, overall our talent and organization is still in a good place for success over the next 5 years.

The mighty Giants were once on top of the world and look where they are at. It happens. The Cubbies will bounce back but a few younger pitchers would help the cause. I think they are in the system and it's going to take a year or 2 to get them up to speed. In the mean time the Cubs defense needs to get a lot better. These errors have cost a lot of runs to cross the plate! Schwarber? Hopefully he makes a big turn around the second half............sigh.

Wow, what a blockbuster trade that came out of nowhere! Quintana to the Cubs. We get a controllable arm for the next 3 years which is worth a lot. Sox got a nice haul back. This is a pre-emptive strike for losing Arrietta and Lackey next year while also helping this year's team, best of both worlds. Have to give up something to get something, and prospects are just that until they prove it at the next level. Hope it works out, immediate needs I like the trade. We should have some good flexibility to go after some arms financially in the offseason too now and also the international market.

I get what you're saying. I just don't like them raiding the farm to put a band aid on this year.

I would HATE this deal if it was for a rental. But Quintana isn't a rental, you have to keep in mind that Quintana is under contract control for another 3 years past this year, at a very club friendly rate. 9 Mil next year and 10.5 Mil in '19 and '20.

Latest posts