2017 Chicago Cubs Thread

Wow, what a stinker of a series for the Cubs. Gonna be a dog fight until the end now to squeeze in to the playoffs.
Glad the Hawks won or this might have been a really tough weekend to swallow!

Outscored 20-3 at home against the team trying to catch you in the standings. Not a good way to calm your nervous fans, especially at this stage of the season.

19 games left, 2 game lead, and 11of those games are against the Brewers and Cardinals, yikes people......will be very close, need some help

I can't either, poor way to have a home series. Really could've made the Brewers looking bad, but now they're right in the mix and if we don't win the division we won't even sniff the wild card.

19 games left, 2 game lead, and 11of those games are against the Brewers and Cardinals, yikes people......will be very close, need some help

Well I guess if we don't make it no one to blame, got the right teams and can put them away if we choose to! Which, unfortunately didn't happen this weekend :(
Need Bryzzo to be the guys to carry the load here, two MVP candidates from last few seasons time to put the team on your back boys.

They could have all but wrapped up the central with a sweep of the Brewers, but instead they get swept and are barely clinging to the division lead. What I want to know is how the $&%! they can't score! They aren't facing Scherzer or Kershaw. They're facing bums like Davies and Anderson and Nelson with career ERA's over 4. A team as talented offensively as the Cubs should not struggle this much to score a freaking run. Rant over.

I hear you man.....sad. They need to get on a run. I'm nervous that they are gonna get a little snake bit down the stretch. I guess it's already started this past weekend. Damn

This series with the Mets has been great! Got the cards the next 3 days and the Cubs better bring their bats with them!

This series with the Mets has been great! Got the cards the next 3 days and the Cubs better bring their bats with them!

Well, here we go. We can put the Cards almost out with a sweep. Gotta keep those bats hot, having Contreras back sure helps. Schwarber might be the key cog the next month. Somehow gets out of his funk and starts raking our lineup looks completely different. But we also really need Russell back to shore up our defense. Zo and Happ just don't have near the range as Javy or Russell at 2B. Just gotta get in the playoffs and anything can happen!

WOW! What an inning! Lackey and Contreras both tossed! Effing UMP!!!!

Awful call, but we can't have both guys tossed there. They have to let Maddon be the one to come get tossed. Especially Wilson we need him in there and from what I hear his helmet grazed the umpire so it could warrant a suspension. Too bad the have a young umpire doing this game, too big of game to miss that easy of a call. They might have to start allowing one strike/ball call per game for review? LOL

Awful call, but we can't have both guys tossed there. They have to let Maddon be the one to come get tossed. Especially Wilson we need him in there and from what I hear his helmet grazed the umpire so it could warrant a suspension. Too bad the have a young umpire doing this game, too big of game to miss that easy of a call. They might have to start allowing one strike/ball call per game for review? LOL
In the near future I bet we see electronic balls and strikes. That would be weird but yo can't argue with a machine! Lol

In the near future I bet we see electronic balls and strikes. That would be weird but yo can't argue with a machine! Lol

Great response by the team and good whooping on the Cards!
I'm not a big fan of more machines, I think it would be really hard for catchers as they are used to hearing the strike call or ball call for things such as knowing whether to throw down to 2B with a runner stealing and a 2-2 count with 2 outs etc. That would be hard with a robot.

I'm not a big fan of more machines, I think it would be really hard for catchers as they are used to hearing the strike call or ball call for things such as knowing whether to throw down to 2B with a runner stealing and a 2-2 count with 2 outs etc. That would be hard with a robot.
What a game! Couldn't take a nap during that one! Agree on the machine. Probably would have an automated voice or something. You'd absolutely need some way of letting the batter and catcher know. It would be strange for sure.

If the technology is there, why not? I mean instant replay seemed silly at one point as well, but we really found out just how often these guys are flat out wrong. Which is actually fine, the are human, they will make mistakes. Yet why lets an umpires mistakes affect a game if we can stop that?

I would also argue that missed calls on balls and strikes affect a game a lot. This is a great case in point, Martinez should have been out, leads to a run. Could have lead to multiple more runs as well. Also led to the ejection of Lacky and Wilson (I get they didn't have to react like spoiled children) but still it wouldn't have happened without a horrible missed call.

If the technology is there, and it is reliable, why not?

Latest posts