2017 Chicago Cubs Thread

Imagine hitting 6-7 home runs and still losing! At least Kyle has been hitting. I think he's finally in the 200's for a batting average.

Damn! I am so sick of this Cub bullpen. It's like watching a game of Russian Roulette. You know that one of them is going to blow up in your face, you just don't know which one it will be that particular night.

Damn! I am so sick of this Cub bullpen. It's like watching a game of Russian Roulette. You know that one of them is going to blow up in your face, you just don't know which one it will be that particular night.

I blame Maddon for this loss. Why the f*** is Happ in centerfield in the bottom of the 8th when he made the last out of the top of the 8th, when you got Almora sitting on the bench? Maddon, seriously, WTF? Almora easily catches that ball to center.

I blame Maddon for this loss. Why the f*** is Happ in centerfield in the bottom of the 8th when he made the last out of the top of the 8th, when you got Almora sitting on the bench? Maddon, seriously, WTF? Almora easily catches that ball to center.

I told my daughter the same thing. I was thinking he'd take Schwarber out and put Zo or Happ in LF with Almora in CF.
I think there is a good chance he catches it, I wouldn't say "easily" necessarily as it was a tough play and he was positioned well over in short RC side of 2B. I just don't see much reason to have Schwarbs out there in 1 run games that late IMO. Strop and Rondon have to start getting the job done, we are screwed with our pen right now.

No way Almora easily catches it. Happ made a hell of an effort on that ball and he certainly isn't slow out there. He covered a lot of ground and almost made an incredible catch. I don't think anyone on the roster tracks that one down.

No way Almora easily catches it. Happ made a hell of an effort on that ball and he certainly isn't slow out there. He covered a lot of ground and almost made an incredible catch. I don't think anyone on the roster tracks that one down.

I disagree. Almora is a plus defender in CF, Happ is a minus defender in CF. Almora would have gotten a better jump on the ball and made the catch, and would have made it look routine. A minus defender gets a bad jump, takes a bad angle and doesn't make what looks like a tough play.

I disagree. Almora is a plus defender in CF, Happ is a minus defender in CF. Almora would have gotten a better jump on the ball and made the catch, and would have made it look routine. A minus defender gets a bad jump, takes a bad angle and doesn't make what looks like a tough play.

Almora is about 2" taller with a longer reach, my gut says he tracks that down on a very fine play, not Easy by any means. Happ did about everything he could have. I heard stat trax considered catch probability on that ball at 79%. Bottom line is Schwarbs should not have been out there. Maddon seems to in love with him right now. The thing we've failed to mention though is Strop completely missed his spot badly and pitched against where the defense was positioned for how we wanted to pitch him. Ultimately its on him.

Boys, our pen blows....plain and simple. Davis is ok, but the rest....clean house Theo...sick of this crap. Hell, I was at the I Cub game last against Memphis and our pen almost blew that game....contagious? Damn

Latest posts