2017 Chicago Cubs Thread

Jake solid again last night. We need him pitching like he has the last month to compete in the playoffs should we make it. We should get a couple players back soon too which hopefully helps. I heard Pat Hughes say on the broadcast last night that the Cubs are in the top 5 in team ERA and also in Runs Scored. That surprises me but if that is the case should start added up to some more wins soon.

The Cubs since the All Star break have the second best win total behind the dodgers. Things are looking up.

Yes second half has been good. I think we got spoiled last year where it just seemed like things clicked all year long.
This year seems more up and down but the fact we are in the top 5 of ERA and Runs scored makes it seem that is more appearance than reality probably. The Fan is us rides a wave every day :) They are staying the course well, and if Wilson comes back and still rakes, Addi plays well and Lester gets to form we'll be in good shape.

Isn't Arrieta a free agent after this season? His good second half may price him out of the Cubs. If I remember correctly, he has already stated that he won't give the Cubs a home team discount and he is going to want a lot of cash.

Isn't Arrieta a free agent after this season? His good second half may price him out of the Cubs. If I remember correctly, he has already stated that he won't give the Cubs a home team discount and he is going to want a lot of cash.

You're correct. I'm pretty sure his asking price was going to be more than the Cubs were willing to pay even prior to his stellar second half. It stinks, but it is what it is. He's got to do what's best for him and secure that big money and years while he can.

We've had quite a few lopsided games lately, hope we keep them bats hot for about 2 more months :)
Doing it without Contreras too, who was arguably our best clutch hitter when he went down.

Good guys win 6 in a row today! always a great day when the Hawks and Cubs both win! Bats have been heating up.
One thing I got to thinking about today, when Contreras comes back we could see him in Left Field more if Avila and Rivera keep playing well like IMO they have so far. Reason being it would be much easier on his hamstring and keep his bat in the line up. He has more speed also than Schwarber and obviously before he went down was having a fantastic offensive season. If he comes backing raking like he was and Schwarber is still struggling it makes sense.

Good guys win 6 in a row today! always a great day when the Hawks and Cubs both win! Bats have been heating up.
One thing I got to thinking about today, when Contreras comes back we could see him in Left Field more if Avila and Rivera keep playing well like IMO they have so far. Reason being it would be much easier on his hamstring and keep his bat in the line up. He has more speed also than Schwarber and obviously before he went down was having a fantastic offensive season. If he comes backing raking like he was and Schwarber is still struggling it makes sense.
I would definitely go for that. Schwarbs is just having such an uneasy time at the plate. That game today was ridiculus. 14-12 Jeeeeeebus! I guess you can't knock a win.

Big series with the Brew Crew starts tonight! We could put them on the brink of extinction with a sweep. The more I think about it, the depth Theo built with this team is really amazing. How many other teams could lose their starting catcher and at the time best RBI guy, starting SS, and last year's ERA leader and still have a solid winning record? We've also had Heyward, Zobrist, Lester and now Arietta miss some time also. Not to mention I think everyone expected Schwarber to have a much better season and be a force in our lineup.

Latest posts