2014 Basketball Recruiting: Interests and Offers

Who does Iowa have a chance at realistically?

Some of the players who have visited Iowa City that the Hawkeyes would seem to have a shot at:

Dominique Collier - PG
Marcus Bartley - PG
Darreon Reddick - SG
Peyton Allen - SG
Darius Austin - SF
Milik Yarbrough - SF
Paul Turner - SF
Malek Harris - F
Josh Cunningham - F
Seth Bonifas - PF

Some of the players who have visited Iowa City that the Hawkeyes would seem to have a shot at:

Dominique Collier - PG
Marcus Bartley - PG
Darreon Reddick - SG
Peyton Allen - SG
Darius Austin - SF
Milik Yarbrough - SF
Paul Turner - SF
Malek Harris - F
Josh Cunningham - F
Seth Bonifas - PF

A class of Collier, Harris and Bonifas would suffice for me. Once Jok and Uthoff are in uniform, I think Iowa has plenty of shooters, prior to that I thought Allen was a priority.
If Iowa cannot get Finke, then Bonifas has to be a priority, but I don't see Finke staying hidden much longer and Groce is already doing a heck of a job since he has been in Illinois.
To me Iowa needs to go all out at Collier and Harris as they are not just highly regarded basketball players, but scouts rave about their athleticism as well.

Based on the names that are popping up in recruiting, I'm not sure the staff sees a true big as a priority in the 2014 class at this point. That could mean there isn't a spot for Bonifas right now.

I would love to see a class of:

1. Bartley
2. Collier
3. Harris/Cunningham

Tyler Ulis can now be added to the list of potential Hawkeyes. He has an Iowa offer and is apparently looking to visit Iowa City. He is a 5-8 PG and is ranked as the #5 junior in Illinois. He has been called the best PG in Illinois for any class. His only high major offer is Depaul (if Depaul can be called high major).

With us targeting a few different PG, is this a sign Fran is wanting to slide Gesell to SG more often, or even permanently?

Based on the names that are popping up in recruiting, I'm not sure the staff sees a true big as a priority in the 2014 class at this point. That could mean there isn't a spot for Bonifas right now.

I would love to see a class of:

1. Bartley
2. Collier
3. Harris/Cunningham

Who is Bartley, did I miss something on him?

When you look at Iowa and bigs, here is the way it breaks down:
McCabe/Basabe - Jr
White/Olaseni - So
Woodbury/Uthoff - Fr
Meyer - RS Fr

Iowa is not bringing in a big for 2013 and to not get short on big men, I think Iowa brings in one for 2014, if they can get the right one. Bonifas would be allowed to develop as White/Olaseni would be Sr's and Woodbury/Uthoff Jr's, plus Meyer being s Soph.
If Iowa can keep Bonifas at home and not go to another BIG school and he develops then it is another win for Iowa keeping an in-state kid. The one thing I like all that I have read about Bonifas, sounds like he can be a good one over time.

ESPN has him as the #1 player in Iowa for the 2014 class and in a 4 way ties for 10th for center. with his age being a full year younger than his class, he could redshirt and fill Olaseni's spot.
as he just turned 16, he could grow a couple more inches

ESPN has him as the #1 player in Iowa for the 2014 class and in a 4 way ties for 10th for center. with his age being a full year younger than his class, he could redshirt and fill Olaseni's spot.

Tied with four others? Don't bash the recruits please. Thx.

Who are you talking about Bartley? If so, can you post a link to his profile, never heard of this Bartley.

Who are you talking about Bartley? If so, can you post a link to his profile, never heard of this Bartley.

I was talking about Bonifas,,
who I had a difference with a Hoosier fan on TOS about his so called expert opinion, by saying the kid was not BT material, this after seeing him play as a 14 and a 15 year old

Latest posts