2014 Basketball Recruiting: Interests and Offers

This team's needs are PG and C. It wound definitely be nice to pick at least one of those up in the 2014 class. A center could ideally take a year and redshirt behind Woody and Gabe while they learn the system and hit the weights. It would be nice if OK became that player.

This team's needs are PG and C. It wound definitely be nice to pick at least one of those up in the 2014 class. A center could ideally take a year and redshirt behind Woody and Gabe while they learn the system and hit the weights. It would be nice if OK became that player.

Especially having Meyer and White still around, it isn't like Iowa is going to be lacking depth in the frontcourt.

iowa watched gustys tonight, along with hofstra and tulane (hofstra? are you effing kidding me?)

h and t offered

not iowa

per rick lewis, on twitter

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see what Fran does with the offers. One would think if he were gonna pull the trigger on Atwood and Dickerson, he would have already done so.

It will be interesting to see what Fran does with the offers. One would think if he were gonna pull the trigger on Atwood and Dickerson, he would have already done so.
Don't think Fran would be putting in so much time with these two if he weren't serious about them. On the other hand, some other big schools have shown interest but not yet offered as well. We'll see.

Don't think Fran would be putting in so much time with these two if he weren't serious about them. On the other hand, some other big schools have shown interest but not yet offered as well. We'll see.

I know he is serious about them, but if he WANTED them for sure, he would have already offered. I think he is still on the fence with them.

Exactly. It would be the perfect time to bring in a big with potential that won't be ready right away.

Has anyone heard how Meyer is progressing and what the potential outlook is for him? This could also determine when Fran goes full throttle on securing another C/PF type.

Has anyone heard how Meyer is progressing and what the potential outlook is for him? This could also determine when Fran goes full throttle on securing another C/PF type.

I think it's still a little too early to tell what Meyer's role will become. I haven't heard much on him. I'd still like to get a big in this class that goes on to redshirt next year. It would allow him to be a rs frosh when Woody is a senior and Meyer is a junior. If Meyer becomes a contributing player great, if not there is at least the rs frosh to fall back on to take sub minutes for Woody. I'd rather that player not be a true frosh unless Fran can find someone capable.

I believe there are 2 unless Stokes stays on another year. 4 available were Marble's, Basabe's, McCabe's, and then Stokes' that Fran gave him for this year. Uhl and Ellingson took 2 of them, so 2 are left.

I believe there are 2 unless Stokes stays on another year. 4 available were Marble's, Basabe's, McCabe's, and then Stokes' that Fran gave him for this year. Uhl and Ellingson took 2 of them, so 2 are left.

That is what I thought, remember Stokes getting his given to him, but wasn't sure if I was missing one somewhere.
Thanks.

These offers have been a LONG time coming. What other schools are we in serious competition with for either of these two? Has anyone else offered both of them since they expressed wanting to play together?

Latest posts