2014 Basketball Recruiting: Interests and Offers

gustys is the big white kid, 33 in black

[video=youtube;OajnpiQIp1M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OajnpiQIp1M[/video]

look up oak hill academy footage from this year

vimeo clip of uhl from this season

still thin, but he's added a little upper body mass since the summer -- he'll be ready for some playing time next year

[video=vimeo;84364841]http://vimeo.com/84364841[/video]

I know atwood is more developed and would probably be able to play more minutes next year, but I hope nzei wakes up and accepts iowa's offer

nzei and uhl would give the hawks a pair of long, athletic forwards who would give up some bulk, but would cause all kinds of damage on run-outs and hustle points -- perfect for fran's system

It would make me happy to see no JUCO kids and Iowa continue to develop players within the system; it has worked pretty well to this point. The 2015 class could be Fran's best class; given Iowa continues to just win.

I would like to see Nzei and Uhl myself as well, both will be athletic combo forwards that can play either position and cause nightmares for opposing coaches with all their length.

SG Delshon Strickland 6'4" Richfield, MN--A guard & wing who transferred to Minnetonka, MN HS for his senior year.

SF Josh Cunningham 6'7" 180 Chicago, IL

SF Peyton Allen 6'3" 175 Chatham, IL

SF Jackson Forbes 6'6" 215 Plano, TX

PF Michael Nzei 6'7" 200 Centereach, NY

All these players hold Iowa offers.

cunningham is a flake -- he's been delaying his recruitment for the "media" attention and to try to get offers for his HS teammates. has his own agenda.

allen? don't think he's had a committable offer for a while. same with forbes.

the tweet-o-sphere says the staff is going to take another look at novian cherry on the 30th

allen is playing a lot better now that's he's over the serious mono from last year, but he may end up at an mvc school, or he could end up a little overvalued because the pool of unsigned HM kids is really low this year, compared to previous years.

allen and ellingson would be redundant -- pg and a forward are probably what we're looking at, from what info is out there

How about a dominant PG in the 2015 class and no JUCO?

There are a bunch of offers out on big time PG's in that class.

does it depend on clemmons?

losing marble means losing, for all intents and purposes, your backup pg -- if clemmons is still in a funk

cherry is listed by some as a combo guard, by others as a swingman. fran does love those interchangeable parts....

Nothing wrong with interchangeable parts, that is what the roster is. Only guy that doesn't really play multiple positions is AC, but that is okay.

Windows of opportunity are small I would like to see Iowa add a 5th year senior to help with Marble leaving then add strong class in 2015

Strickland--Offers to Auburn (Visited 09/13/13), Drake, Gonzaga, Iowa, Northern Colorado, Saint Louis & Toledo.

Cunningham--Offers to Bradley, Creighton (Visited 09/20/13), DePaul, Iowa, Nebraska, Oklahoma & South Carolina.

Allen--Offers to Bradley, Idaho State, Iowa, Nevada, OKlahoma State, Saint Joseph's (PA), SE Missouri State, Texas A&M & Toledo.

Forbes--Offers to Iowa, Princeton, Rice, Temple & Yale.

SF Milik Yarbrough 6'5" 190 Zion, IL--Offers to Auburn (Visited 09/06/13), DePaul, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota & Tulsa.

Nzei--Offers to Duquense, Iowa (Visited 10/24/13) & Saint Joseph's (PA).

Who knows where they stand with Iowa? Or maybe a darkhorse candidate that we don't know about yet?

Latest posts