2014 Basketball Recruiting: Interests and Offers

im sure he's well aware

I read that there is a 5 star junior who is looking at reclassifying to this class and has already visited Kentucky. That would be one less scholarship available for Ulis. But having said that, there would be a bunch of hoops he would have to jump through to get out of his LOI.

i would think with the way this year is going that there could be some really big fish on the radar for 2015. maybe the staff sits back and puts the rest of their efforts into that if they get one more commit.

likely, meat

back in nov fran stated that they weren't going to sign a borderline character or talent kid, just to fill out the class

nzei had an official -- and he fits the need (we lose a sg and two forwards -- we've got a 2 and a 3/4 combo coming in). his hs coach wasn't "up" on iowa and was pushing to an east coast school -- but a sweet 16 or elite 8 run could probably change that (if it hasn't changed already).

borderline character:

yarbrough (attitude is infamously bad, and that's why everyone but Auburn backed off)

cunningham (scheduled an official with iowa and cancelled it -- then started playing coy with schools to draw his process out)

the rest:

forbes? all signs indicate he was a conditional offer guy -- and he won't be coming to iowa.

cherry: has some mid major offers, iowa will watch him play later this month.

dickerson: is tweeting out of his mind about coach francis and the hawks. seems to really want to be a hawkeye.

gustys: no news since Dec. they may still be checking him out, or they may be keeping in touch.

strickland: I don't buy that he's still on the radar -- there have been no reports of staff going to his games, and that the staff brought in lindsey and ellingson for visits, not him, suggests they backed off).

all have some limiters, but they all could be useful second unit guys -- whichever one steps up the most will probably get an offer.

allen? nope. ellingson covered that base. no need for him.

I think they sign one kid and then stokes's scholly goes to a 2015 recruit. we're losing mel and mccabe: so although white and utoff return, you could still use a forward; you need 3 pgs: one gesell sprained ankle could mean a 4 game skid next year; you lose marble, and ogs will be a senior: with jok's d and shot selection questionable, you could use another option at the 2.

fran said his first year that he always wants to sign the best player available, regardless of position. this will be interesting....

we're in well with boudreaux and some other ranked 2015 guys -- fran should bring in his best class yet this summer/fall

Last edited:
likely, meat

back in nov fran stated that they weren't going to sign a borderline character or talent kid, just to fill out the class

nzei had an official -- and he fits the need (we lose a sg and two forwards -- we've got a 2 and a 3/4 combo coming in). his hs coach wasn't "up" on iowa and was pushing to an east coast school -- but a sweet 16 or elite 8 run could probably change that (if it hasn't changed already).

borderline character:

yarbrough (attitude is infamously bad, and that's why everyone but Auburn backed off)

cunningham (scheduled an official with iowa and cancelled it -- then started playing coy with schools to draw his process out)

the rest:

forbes? all signs indicate he was a conditional offer guy -- and he won't be coming to iowa.

cherry: has some mid major offers, iowa will watch him play later this month.

dickerson: is tweeting out of his mind about coach francis and the hawks. seems to really want to be a hawkeye.

gustys: no news since Dec. they may still be checking him out, or they may be keeping in touch.

strickland: I don't buy that he's still on the radar -- there have been no reports of staff going to his games, and that the staff brought in lindsey and ellingson for visits, not him, suggests they backed off).

all have some limiters, but they all could be useful second unit guys -- whichever one steps up the most will probably get an offer.

allen? nope. ellingson covered that base. no need for him.

I think they sign one kid and then stokes's scholly goes to a 2015 recruit. we're losing mel and mccabe: so although white and utoff return, you could still use a forward; you need 3 pgs: one gesell sprained ankle could mean a 4 game skid next year; you lose marble, and ogs will be a senior: with jok's d and shot selection questionable, you could use another option at the 2.

fran said his first year that he always wants to sign the best player available, regardless of position. this will be interesting....

we're in well with boudreaux and some other ranked 2015 guys -- fran should bring in his best class yet this summer/fall
What about Willie Atwood? He would be my choice for a PF at this point and Nzei second.

Pursuing Dickerson and other PGs tell me that Fran wants another creator in 2014 with Marble's departure and isn't necessarily a commentary on Clemmons.

Thanks for the Cherry and Gustys vids BTW Palmetto. I tend to think Fran is looking at these guys but that the above ones are more likely. I agree that I don't understand the Peyton Allen talk with Ellingson already on board.

I'm also starting to think that Uhl could see some decent back-up PT next year.

I saw Fran say somewhere that he's probably only going for one guy this spring. If it's only one in April, who would you guess?

What about Willie Atwood? He would be my choice for a PF at this point and Nzei second.

Pursuing Dickerson and other PGs tell me that Fran wants another creator in 2014 with Marble's departure and isn't necessarily a commentary on Clemmons.

Thanks for the Cherry and Gustys vids BTW Palmetto. I tend to think Fran is looking at these guys but that the above ones are more likely. I agree that I don't understand the Peyton Allen talk with Ellingson already on board.

I'm also starting to think that Uhl could see some decent back-up PT next year.

I saw Fran say somewhere that he's probably only going for one guy this spring. If it's only one in April, who would you guess?

my guess:

they went after sg, pf, pg. they got a sg and a combo forward.

so if dickerson passes the evaluation, I think they go PG. Clemmons has been shaky in games -- who knows how he looks in practice? One Gesell injury and the team in in doo-doo -- also, a penetrator opens things up for ogs, jok, ellingson.

if dickerson doesn't meet their eval criteria, then they go with the best available player, regardless of position.

I see that Iowa assistants are watching 2 North Dakota JUCO players:

F/G Johnny Woodard 6'4" Duluth, MN--Plays @ North Dakota State College of Science

PG Trey Dickerson 6'0" Queens, NY--Plays @ Williston State College; previously played @ Murray State (KY)

I see that Iowa assistants are watching 2 North Dakota JUCO players:

F/G Johnny Woodard 6'4" Duluth, MN--Plays @ North Dakota State College of Science

PG Trey Dickerson 6'0" Queens, NY--Plays @ Williston State College; previously played @ Murray State (KY)

I think the Woodard ship has sailed. I don't think he qualified as a 2014 recruit.

No offense, Kato, but wherever you're getting your information, it is badly dated.

The Trey Dickerson sweepstakes are heating up. Twitter reports stating that NC State, Arkansas and Oklahoma State are all interested.

tweets today that iowa is interested in marlon "pookie" jones, 6'9" pf/c from chicago

bro looks like a beast

[video=youtube;jEznLI2gH1I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEznLI2gH1I[/video]

fran will be visiting dickerson

dickerson and atwood were tweeting last night about how great it would be to be teammates

we'll see what comes of this, if anything

I went to the IHCC vs MCC bball game on Saturday night and man does IHCC have some good players this year. Especially Malik Dime. Guy is just athletic and was unstoppable against the Tigers. He would be great in an up and down style of game. Roderick Bobbitt also had a nice game and has a very smooth stroke from outside.

Latest posts