20 Best Plays in Iowa History

If Jake Christianson didn't throw at people's ankles, maybe Ricky Stanzi doesn't happen.
Was their a more hyped up QB recruit coming in then him? I mean for him to stink so bad was such a downer at the time but little did we know Stanzi would be what he ended up being. I don't remember him setting the world on fire right away but getting to play that season like he did had to help him end up being what he was. Game of dominos

Was their a more hyped up QB recruit coming in then him? I mean for him to stink so bad was such a downer at the time but little did we know Stanzi would be what he ended up being. I don't remember him setting the world on fire right away but getting to play that season like he did had to help him end up being what he was. Game of dominos
Drew Bledsoe getting hurt let Brady get a job. A lot of times there really isn’t much between greatness and permanent obscurity than a chance to play.

OK, you got me. That was the first play that I ever saw in-person of any Iowa football game but I don't have a clue. What was it?
They came out in a spread formation after years of the Bob Commings Wing T, and got a standing O.

When they completed the pass, they got another one.

Iowa had a big halftime lead, but Indiana said "Not So Fast My Friend".

Their coach that day was Lee Corso. It ended up costing Iowa a winning season.

They came out in a spread formation after years of the Bob Commings Wing T, and got a standing O.

When they completed the pass, they got another one.

Iowa had a big halftime lead, but Indiana said "Not So Fast My Friend".

Their coach that day was Lee Corso. It ended up costing Iowa a winning season.
Yes. While I don't remember the first play, I remember the game well. 26-3 at halftime to a 30-26 loss. It was my first time attending an Iowa game, my Freshman year at Iowa. I also remember the long play to Lonnie Johnson late in the 4th quarter on a wheel route that lost the lead and, ultimately, the game. Painful memory!

Yes. While I don't remember the first play, I remember the game well. 26-3 at halftime to a 30-26 loss. It was my first time attending an Iowa game, my Freshman year at Iowa. I also remember the long play to Lonnie Johnson late in the 4th quarter on a wheel route that lost the lead and, ultimately, the game. Painful memory!
The defensive back Johnson burned on that play was a freshman who would eventually become a lot more famous than Lonnie Johnson, if not Lee Corso.

His name was Bobby Stoops. Indiana sent two receivers deep into his zone and Bobby guarded the wrong one.

The defensive back Johnson burned on that play was a freshman who would eventually become a lot more famous than Lonnie Johnson, if not Lee Corso.

His name was Bobby Stoops. Indiana sent two receivers deep into his zone and Bobby guarded the wrong one.
Did not know that detail, thanks!

Latest posts