2 in state 4 stars commit to ISU

I believe both kids had relatives play for ISU so I believe KF and his merry band of misfits deserve a pass on these. They still have a lot to prove though.

ISU is currently the better program in the state, I hate to say it.

Reality, Hawk Fans live in the world of reality.

Currently yes. But there is no comparison historically. Isu ha one of the most miserable football histories of any program in the country. They will always be that program. Suck on it forever

The thing about Iowa and ISU is that coaches go to ISU to land a better job, coaches come to Iowa to stay............for better or for worse as it would seem. Don't know which one is the better of the two scenerios either. Chnage is something that needs to happen and for ISU fans it keeps them fresh and hopeful, at Iowa with KF it seems him and the fan base are damn near in the grave and the fan base is sick of the late 80's style of football.

Currently yes. But there is no comparison historically. Isu ha one of the most miserable football histories of any program in the country. They will always be that program. Suck on it forever
ISU has never been good hsitroically, but before Hayden Fry, Iowa was the worst team in major college football. I believe Iowa still has the record for msot consecutive losing seasons. Lets not act like the Hawks are Notre Dame here. They aren't.

ISU has never been good hsitroically, but before Hayden Fry, Iowa was the worst team in major college football. I believe Iowa still has the record for msot consecutive losing seasons. Lets not act like the Hawks are Notre Dame here. They aren't.

But even then Iowa still had Nile Kinnick and the 50's. And even some teams in the 20's that were pretty damn good.

true on the 20's and 50's, but it was not a sustained success like it has been for the last 33 years under Fry and Ferentz, this is the type of success that Iowa has needed to be listed with the ND and Michigans. not some 3-4 year stints stretched out over a 100 years, this stretch won't really be talked about for 30-40 years down the road,

SUCK ON IT FOREVER

I think ISU fans are happy with the progression they see because the ISU program as a whole is doing it by stepping on the bloated corpse that was once Iowa athletics.

You can *****, moan, and argue all you want, but the reality is, ISU is getting better and they are walking all over Iowa to do it. It will be evidenced again on Friday when the ISU MBB team walks into Carver and thunder ****s Fran and his 4H squad of lackeys.
dumb post. The clones easily could lose and this is a football thread John.

This is typical and it pisses me off...Ive seen both these kids play on several occasions and they are legit..both athletically and size... campos is actually 6'8.. Smart as a whip and mean on the field..Lazard is a freak athletically and has the frame coaches drool over.. He is an amazing free safety and I'm pretty sure he tries to catch the ball one handed at least twice a game just for fun...ISU has been in these boys butts since the beginning, as you would expect of any good in state kids..not Iowa...ho hum Kirk and his staff seem to have this expectation that the in state kids should just come to Iowa....well it ain't happening..lazard will play as a freshman write it down..and campos has the tools to eventually be a starter and more...good luck
to both of them...I know one of these kids and another Iowa kid that committed to a major BCS school..Iowa didn't put the time in..lost them...these boys have been D1 prospects since they were freshman..Iowa was Johnny come lately...heart breaking as an Iowa fan...great pick up clones..you deserve them..

Once again you would be wrong. A national recruiting analyst for rivals posted that he has seen several of the top WR recruits in the country in person and Lazard is the best of the group. He says he is most certainly top 50 recruit.

Whoopti Frickin doo.

ISU has sucked for over a hundred years in football.
They still suck.
They will suck in the future.
It is amazing how low the bar has been set over there. 6-6 seasons are celebrated.

Well here is what I know, which is very little, as I have not seen these two play on tape or in person.
I know a lot of ISU alums. They either want their kids to go to ISU, or Nebby. They have some sort of relationship with Nebby, that if Nebby looks their way, they get all wet.
I know several HS coaches, in more than one state. When I used to get around more, I watched HS football all the time. This said, there are some areas in Iowa that are trying to improve Iowa HS football, but as evening said (he compared it to FL), it has a long way to go. Now I do not get paid to give kids I see an eval, but I do follow what those that do say about them. It really makes a guy wonder if a 4* in Iowa is not a low 3* in a talent ridden area. You have to think about the talent level of those, that the recruits are playing against, well most of the time anyway.
This is why I have a real hard time with recruiting out of a HS that recruits. They will always have a highly talented team and should really shine against smaller and less talented teams. It's when they meet a team that they should, but don't, that is when you should snap your neck around.

Well here is what I know, which is very little, as I have not seen these two play on tape or in person.
I know a lot of ISU alums. They either want their kids to go to ISU, or Nebby. They have some sort of relationship with Nebby, that if Nebby looks their way, they get all wet.
I know several HS coaches, in more than one state. When I used to get around more, I watched HS football all the time. This said, there are some areas in Iowa that are trying to improve Iowa HS football, but as evening said (he compared it to FL), it has a long way to go. Now I do not get paid to give kids I see an eval, but I do follow what those that do say about them. It really makes a guy wonder if a 4* in Iowa is not a low 3* in a talent ridden area. You have to think about the talent level of those, that the recruits are playing against, well most of the time anyway.
This is why I have a real hard time with recruiting out of a HS that recruits. They will always have a highly talented team and should really shine against smaller and less talented teams. It's when they meet a team that they should, but don't, that is when you should snap your neck around.

The good sites/recruiters aren't going to be paying much attention to those things. The reason being that a lot of the rankings are based on size and speed and projections on size and speed (it's a little different for QB's) for the upper-middle and middle level recruits. And then of course there are the 5 star freaks and the drop off from this level to 4 stars and 3 stars is a large one.

The good sites/recruiters aren't going to be paying much attention to those things. The reason being that a lot of the rankings are based on size and speed and projections on size and speed (it's a little different for QB's) for the upper-middle and middle level recruits. And then of course there are the 5 star freaks and the drop off from this level to 4 stars and 3 stars is a large one.

So you are thought of as a good site or recruiter when all your going by is size/speed? Hmmmm...... sounds like people are not very good at their jobs then.
Not my style. To give a good eval takes a lot more work then that.

Whoopti Frickin doo.

ISU has sucked for over a hundred years in football.
They still suck.
They will suck in the future.
It is amazing how low the bar has been set over there. 6-6 seasons are celebrated.

Of course some of that is true, and ISU fans can't argue with being a punching bag for a lot of years. But how do you start down the road to not sucking? By landing potential 4 and 5 * guys like Lazard, Campos, ect. on a consistent basis. Even Iowa fans can't argue with that rationale.

Latest posts