2 in state 4 stars commit to ISU

What is this environment that Pauw is creating in Ames that people seem to think is so captivating? Am I the only one who remembers they are 6-6 and 9th in their conference? People are acting like Pauw is building a powerhouse, but he has been nothing but exceedingly mediocre. It is amazing how after one average season, Hok fans freak out, but after 4 average seasons, Clown fans act like they're turning into Nebraska.

and the worst part? Hok fans are agreeing with it. You people are pathetic.

Thanks for the bait, I'll bite.

For the record, I don't believe ISU will ever consistently win while in the big 12. It's too tough of schedule, and you'll never get the quality number of recruits you need to compete in the big 12.

That's why they are happy in Ames. With that much going against you, it's an achievement to break even.

FreedComanche

I think CPR can be the coach that can maintain at least .500, with seasons of success in between, and if the cards fall right could get in the upper echelon of the Big XII. Which sure beats anything we've had recently. Maybe thats it?

I think a lot of the excitement from Cyclone fans is that we haven't seen god awful seasons that we saw under Mac, Chizik, etc.

I'm somewhat disappointed with this season, but I'll take a bowl game. Even if it is that Liberty Bowl. I think this is the Liberty Bowl's time to replace the Pinstripe Bowl. Or thats what I'm crossing my fingers for.

STFU AND GTFO.

No one cares what you have to say clown.

I think CPR can be the coach that can maintain at least .500, with seasons of success in between, and if the cards fall right could get in the upper echelon of the Big XII.How in the world do you ever see that happening?

FreedComanche

I know this is supposed to be a dig at Iowa, but do you really buy a bowl shirt for the Memphis bowl against Tulsa after going 6-6?
You are enforcing the clone fan stereotype

What a terrible stereotype to be known for...supporting your team in good years and in bad years. Who does Clonestar think he is? How dare he buy a shirt commemorating a bowl game berth in a year ISU outperformed what most "experts" thought they would accomplish.

I don't care. I am sick of this being CF lite. Go back to your freaking hole until you're ready to talk hokz. Leave teh clown talk to the mental ward.

I come here more then CF.

I hate that site with a burning passion. I'm not a haxball, mafia, star warz nerd, or someone that has zero sense of humor.

I think ISU fans are happy with the progression they see because the ISU program as a whole is doing it by stepping on the bloated corpse that was once Iowa athletics.

You can *****, moan, and argue all you want, but the reality is, ISU is getting better and they are walking all over Iowa to do it. It will be evidenced again on Friday when the ISU MBB team walks into Carver and thunder ****s Fran and his 4H squad of lackeys.

I come here more then CF.

I hate that site with a burning passion. I'm not a haxball, mafia, star warz nerd, or someone that has zero sense of humor.

So it is true. They are a bunch of mouth breathing nerds posting from the computer lab while they should be learning advanced physics and engineering...

Wrong the Lazard kid is legacy His brother plays at ISU and his dad played at ISU. He would NEVER go to iowa. He is either a clone or will sign will a bigger school period. I imagine the kid grew up hating everything iowa stands for.

Fact. We had no shot at this kid and didn't really even recruit him. FWIW, I saw him play a few times this year and he is legit.

Legacies never wander off the reservation? Jason Bohannon says hello. So does Dan Gable.

Your exmples don't really apply.

Did Bohannon go to ISU after dad played at Iowa? No (Wisconsin not big rival in the 80s when dad played for Iowa)

Gable took a promotion from assistant coach to head coach so career opportunity dictated that move. Nichols wasn't going anywhere for a decade so he had to move if he wanted to be a head coach (Not like he had head coaching offers from Iowa and ISU then choose Iowa)

I think ISU fans are happy with the progression they see because the ISU program as a whole is doing it by stepping on the bloated corpse that was once Iowa athletics.

You can *****, moan, and argue all you want, but the reality is, ISU is getting better and they are walking all over Iowa to do it. It will be evidenced again on Friday when the ISU MBB team walks into Carver and thunder ****s Fran and his 4H squad of lackeys.

This jag managed to use the term "thunder ****" for the 1st time in the history of this site. Good work

Its almost like some of those clone fans dont realize they went 3-6 in conference and finished 9th. NINTH! Congrats on another losing season

I missed this. Anybody know when this became a basketball conversation?

Fact. We had no shot at this kid and didn't really even recruit him. FWIW, I saw him play a few times this year and he is legit.

I agree, I think that there are too many fans who have the mentality that if a good/great in-state recruit should want to come to Iowa over ISU and if they don't there is something wrong with the Iowa program. These two kids want to be Cyclones then so be it. Good for them and if anyone bags on them (17-18 year old kids) or talks down their talent level because of where they want to go, seems a bit sad to me.

As I do think there is something wrong with the direction of the Iowa program but I don't think it had anything to do with these two kids or their decision, they choose ISU because that is what they always wanted, Lazard anyway. As for Campos he probably doesn't want to go play in the SEC and get wrecked every week and who can blame him. Not saying ISU is world beaters but maybe his parents did has some factor in that as well, if others are correct they support ISU and he is a lot closer to home.

Iowa doesn't have to get top "in-state" talent, they just need top talent in general, regardless of where it comes from if they want to compete on a consistent level that is what they need to do. Someone brought up earlier or in a different thread the up and down years coincide with up and down recruiting classes and not having an overload of 4* and 3* kids at their disposal has a lot to do with it as well. When Iowa gets a 4* kid and he doesn't pan out to be exceptional or just plays but doesn't jump off the charts (case and point Keenan Davis, CJF so far, or Wegher), then Iowa is left with lower 2*/walk ons to fill in and that hurts. Another example was 2005 (top 5 recruiting class in the nation), alot of those top recruits didn't pan out, lesser talent guys filled in for injuried players/busts, etc...

I am glad people are getting away from the thinking developing 2*/walk on talent is going to help Iowa win a B1G championship, hell even 8-9 games because it just isn't going to happen anymore 10 years ago sure it did but not now. Yes, Bob Sanders/Tyler Sash/Dallas Clark, they were great don't get me wrong but you have to recruit better consistently but it doesn't have to come from in-state. Weisman is great too and he helped them win a couple games this year but he only played a few games and then got injured, plus most of the time he had a really strong run blocking o-line before they got injuried, mostly Brandon Scherff that man is a beast. Teams that stacked the box shut him down because they weren't scared of the downfield passing game.

These two kids won't make or break Iowa and maybe they do go on to be exceptional players while at ISU but until they get on the field who knows what is going to happen. But I don't care what anyone says, in-state or not, Iowa needs better recruiting in general.

Latest posts