2 in state 4 stars commit to ISU

Campos and Lazard to the clowns. We are even starting to lose instate recruits to them, never used to happen. Glad to see that extra time for recruiting with no bowl game is paying off.

Oh well. High profile Iowa kids have a tendancy to not work out so well (at least when they go to Iowa). Wasn't Keenan a 4*? You can add Wegher,Blake Larson and Matt Sherman to the list. If the Hawks lost a couple walk-ons, then I'd be disappointed.

When there was finally enough bowls that isu was able to start playing in them that was a sure sign the system was soon to become obsolete.

Enjoy it, no one else cares at this point.
The program seems to be morphing. I still say iowa has more potential w b10 swagger but Kurt is mismanaging the potential. It seems as thiugh momentum is what is causing the class to pick up some recent talent.

Once again you would be wrong. A national recruiting analyst for rivals posted that he has seen several of the top WR recruits in the country in person and Lazard is the best of the group. He says he is most certainly top 50 recruit.
Which proves that with 14 months until 2014 signing day, he'll switch his commitment at some point within that time frame.

Once again you would be wrong. A national recruiting analyst for rivals posted that he has seen several of the top WR recruits in the country in person and Lazard is the best of the group. He says he is most certainly top 50 recruit.

Such an expert you didn't even bother using his name.

Let's be honest; Kirk Ferentz's staff lost out on two 4-star in-state players it offered and should have gotten. This would NOT have happened under Hayden Fry. No surprise both were being recruited by the same DL coach who looks more like he should be selling life insurance to the AARP set or hotel convention space. Rhoads has it going on in Ames; the center of football gravity in Iowa has shifted west. What's Kirk going to do about it?

Let's be honest; Kirk Ferentz's staff lost out on two 4-star in-state players it offered and should have gotten. This would NOT have happened under Hayden Fry. No surprise both were being recruited by the same DL coach who looks more like he should be selling life insurance to the AARP set or hotel convention space. Rhoads has it going on in Ames; the center of football gravity in Iowa has shifted west. What's Kirk going to do about it?
Wrong the Lazard kid is legacy His brother plays at ISU and his dad played at ISU. He would NEVER go to iowa. He is either a clone or will sign will a bigger school period. I imagine the kid grew up hating everything iowa stands for.

Rhoads has it going on in Ames; the center of football gravity in Iowa has shifted west. What's Kirk going to do about it?
I am certain it has shifted west because they beat a horrible iowa team by 3 and squeezed into a bowl game with 6 wins and finishing second from the bottom in the inflated big 12. Not sure what you mean by gravity but I still see and hear more nationally and locally about how bad iowa has fallen this year as opposed to how awesome ISU is. Another thing is true as well. If Rhodes has any success he is gone in Ames. ISU will never be a
national program. Especially with the potential earthquake of conference realignment.

Wrong the Lazard kid is legacy His brother plays at ISU and his dad played at ISU. He would NEVER go to iowa. He is either a clone or will sign will a bigger school period. I imagine the kid grew up hating everything iowa stands for.

Legacies never wander off the reservation? Jason Bohannon says hello. So does Dan Gable.

Lazzard is a 2014 recruit. He is an ISU legacy recruit but will have plenty of time to change his mind.

Campos' parents strong ISU fans. He grew up in ISU environment and that impacts teams you support. He had chance for Iowa but chose elsewhere. Even Hayden lost out on some recruits to ISU.

Never amazes me how quickly some people will jump off the cliff over recruiting!!!!

Also Campos told the Iowa Rivals guys back when he committed to Mizzou that Iowa had pretty much stopped talking to him the weeks leading up to his original commitment.

Campos and Lazard to the clowns. We are even starting to lose instate recruits to them, never used to happen. Glad to see that extra time for recruiting with no bowl game is paying off.

This trend will continue as long as ferrentz is coach. And we all know it.

FreedComanche

I can't blame the kid one bit. Even if he wasn't a legacy, I think he would still pick ISU over Iowa. Now I think he will get better offers, but not sure he will change, which is great for ISU. Did you watch Iowa's offense this year? Why would you want to be a WR in that system? I sure as heck wouldn't. I think Iowa has an upward battle recruiting, especially at WR and other skill positions. Its like in bball, Fran could recruit so much better because of his system and style. Kids like the offensive game like Oregon, it's exciting, lots of exposure/stats. He's not going to get that at Iowa.

I think Lazard could be a game changer at WR at Iowa, he has speed and size. He's like a fast McNutt. Iowa NEEDS that right now. However, I don't think they have the means to get that type of player, unless he under a rock.

I think what makes Iowa fans mad about this is that ISU has a 2014 commit before Iowa, especially after all that last year about having 10 before ISU had 1 or whatever it was. Sour grapes. Good for ISU, Iowa needs to get its act together.

Latest posts