'19 In-State PG Tyreke Locure Talks Increased Iowa Interest

Pete was a former top recruit because of how good he was offensively and his size. He had a really high ceiling from the beginning. I'm not sure Jordan will get that much better offensively or defensively but I hope he does.

Is a guy who averages 11 and 5 and isn't great at D that much different than a guy who goes for 8 and 3 and is ok/good defender?

You act like 11 and 5 is just some easy thing for a Pg to get. Plus If Jordan had Woody helping him on screens instead of Cook or Pemsl, then Jordan's D would have looked a heck of a lot better.

Is a guy who averages 11 and 5 and isn't great at D that much different than a guy who goes for 8 and 3 and is ok/good defender?

You act like 11 and 5 is just some easy thing for a Pg to get. Plus If Jordan had Woody helping him on screens instead of Cook or Pemsl, then Jordan's D would have looked a heck of a lot better.

Being a defensive liability compared to being good on defense is worth a lot more than 3 points and 2 assists in my opinion

Pete was still quite a bit better defensively than Jordan this last year

Pete's failures on defense were more conspicuous than JB's. I don't remember JB just giving up and playing ole defense like Jok did at times. They're both not great on defense and in the end, it's a matter of opinion.

But how long had it been that Iowa made a last second shot to win a game before Bohannon did so against Wisconsin? 12 years? The guy is nails and his defensive shortcomings can be overlooked by what he gives on on the offensive end.

Being a defensive liability compared to being good on defense is worth a lot more than 3 points and 2 assists in my opinion

You can't know that. Opponents have good games and bad ones. For instance Morris played horrible vs Iowa last year, and the year before agains MG put up 20 and 9, and that was a good defensive team
Behind MG as well with Uthoff and Woody to defend the rim and hedge the screens.

You way over blow Jordans Defense, because there isn't anything else to bitch about. Iowa as a whole was bad defensively last year. If you put Jordan on the '16-'17 team his defense looks light years better.

Pete's failures on defense were more conspicuous than JB's. I don't remember JB just giving up and playing ole defense like Jok did at times. They're both not great on defense and in the end, it's a matter of opinion.

But how long had it been that Iowa made a last second shot to win a game before Bohannon did so against Wisconsin? 12 years? The guy is nails and his defensive shortcomings can be overlooked by what he gives on on the offensive end.

I just think back to the TCU game, Jordan puts up 25 and 13 but we can't hide him defensively and we lose

I just think back to the TCU game, Jordan puts up 25 and 13 but we can't hide him defensively and we lose

hahaha so the guy who puts up 25 and 13 is responsible for the TCU loss. I can't make this shit up, you brand yourself a Clone fan with nearly every post.

hahaha so the guy who puts up 25 and 13 is responsible for the TCU loss. I can't make this shit up, you brand yourself a Clone fan with nearly every post.

I didn't say he was responsible for the TCU loss. Leave me alone I'm trying to have a civil basketball discussion and instead you are attacking me almost every time you post

I didn't say he was responsible for the TCU loss. Leave me alone I'm trying to have a civil basketball discussion and instead you are attacking me almost every time you post

So instead of saying a guy who put up 25 and 13 as a key as to why we almost won that game, you say we couldn't hide him defensively? So could the same be said of Robinson, since he guarded Jordan, could TCU "not hide him defensively"?

Everything you say about Jordan is a troll, a Clone fan Troll.

So instead of saying a guy who put up 25 and 13 as a key as to why we almost won that game, you say we couldn't hide him defensively? So could the same be said of Robinson, since he guarded Jordan, could TCU "not hide him defensively"?

Well Robinson's team won but sure you can say TCU couldn't hide him defensively

So, was Jordan guarding the 6-10 Brodziansky (who led TCU with 19 points with 9-12 shooting)? The other leading scorer who had 19 points for TCU (Robinson) was 7-16 shooting for 19 points, so he didn't exactly light it up. Your emphasis on not being able to hide one guy defensively is overstated just a bit.

What do you think of Isaiah Thomas on the Celtics? Scores a bunch, but can't guard anyone in the NBA.

No shit. Why didn't we almost win because of Jordan's great game instead of lose because he isn't a good defender?

Seems to me we lost that game more so because our free throw shooting was pathetic more than anything. Bohannon's defense isn't good yet but he can improve.

But back to the original theme of the post. Hope Lokure is offered. Been a long time but I think that's what it was about.

I'm just curious: How did this thread get morphed into a JBo love/hate fest?

GO HAWKS!!!

Someone in this thread brought up if Jordan could dunk, I said I don't think he can and I'm sure most agree with me but saying that made me a hater I guess

No shit. Why didn't we almost win because of Jordan's great game instead of lose because he isn't a good defender?

Who takes pride in almost winning? We gave up 94 points and their guards could do whatever they wanted against us

Who takes pride in almost winning? We gave up 94 points and their guards could do whatever they wanted against us

I'd bet you didn't even watch the game. How much of the game did Iowa play zone, vs man? That is another thing you don't even talk about, the fact that Iowa played much more zone than man D.

Latest posts