'19 In-State PG Tyreke Locure Talks Increased Iowa Interest

I'd bet you didn't even watch the game. How much of the game did Iowa play zone, vs man? That is another thing you don't even talk about, the fact that Iowa played much more zone than man D.

I actually think Jordan is worse in zone than he is man to man. His closeouts are terrible in zone

You convinced us 56, JBo should be benched. You are correct, he is only outstanding in several areas, but not defensively. Let's bench Cook, can't shoot the 3. Bench Pemsl for not shooting the 3 either. Should've benched Jok for his defense. Let's see, who else, Moss! Let's bench Moss for his lack of assists. And that Baer kid, heck he couldn't even get a scholarship. We should only play great defenders averaging triple doubles. Yeah, that's the answer, only triple double players or ride the pine buddy.
Whatever dude. Go clones.

You convinced us 56, JBo should be benched. You are correct, he is only outstanding in several areas, but not defensively. Let's bench Cook, can't shoot the 3. Bench Pemsl for not shooting the 3 either. Should've benched Jok for his defense. Let's see, who else, Moss! Let's bench Moss for his lack of assists. And that Baer kid, heck he couldn't even get a scholarship. We should only play great defenders averaging triple doubles. Yeah, that's the answer, only triple double players or ride the pine buddy.
Whatever dude. Go clones.

Happy hour must have started early yesterday.

I think we'll know a lot more about where we stand with him by the end of this AAU circuit
Is it more the other way around. Iowa hasn't offered him have they? I think they are still evaluating him. I think they will eventually offer him. He seems to be the real deal. Since he's a North kid they probably want to just make sure he can cut the mustard in the classroom and is a good kid away from the floor too. I would think he'd like to come to Iowa (I could be wrong) since it'd be his best offer out there so far. But maybe he'll slow play things on his side too once offers do come in. I'm confident he will get them he's clearly a talent.

I don't think Iowa needs to offer right now based on his other offers.

It's not like other Power 5 schools are offering so Iowa can play it safe for the time being and if we do want to come in late, I have a feeling he would take the Iowa offer over the ones he has on the table but that's just a guess.

Now if other schools offer, it might create more urgency.

If the P5 offers don't come this summer, I feel pretty confident that they'll come during/after his junior season. That is of course if the wheels don't fall off for some reason or knock on wood an injury...

I don't think Iowa needs to offer right now based on his other offers.

It's not like other Power 5 schools are offering so Iowa can play it safe for the time being and if we do want to come in late, I have a feeling he would take the Iowa offer over the ones he has on the table but that's just a guess.

Now if other schools offer, it might create more urgency.

Ah yes, the Oliver Martin recruitment strategy.

I agree with you guys that Iowa is probably slow playing it. I wonder who some of the other PGs that are out there that Iowa is interested in. To me the reason to slow play it is if there's someone else out there we really want/would rather have instead... If Iowa decides they really do like this kid than I say why play games and see if he'll commit and offer him. The kid reminds me of a right handed Isaiah Thomas. He has an aggressive streak to him with no fear. I don't think being under 5'10 is going to hurt him much. But that said I've only seen highlight clips of him. It's best to watch full games and see how he does under all game situations and I for one can't say I've seen anything like that of him

I actually think Jordan is worse in zone than he is man to man. His closeouts are terrible in zone
He sags down too far to the lane making it impossible for him to get back. I remember Iowa under Mr. Davis doing the same thing. Before the 3 point shot has became what it has he dared teams to shoot out there. I remember BJ sagging down to the free throw line gambling for steals leaving his guy open for long jumpers too... But JBo isn't doing that no purpose as a strategy I don't think. He's just losing track of where he is at times I think.. But I could be wrong

Iowa doesn't need to offer him right now and they hold all the cards for in state players with what is in the pipeline for this program, specifically in state PG's. Take your time, make sure you get who you want.

He sags down too far to the lane making it impossible for him to get back. I remember Iowa under Mr. Davis doing the same thing. Before the 3 point shot has became what it has he dared teams to shoot out there. I remember BJ sagging down to the free throw line gambling for steals leaving his guy open for long jumpers too... But JBo isn't doing that no purpose as a strategy I don't think. He's just losing track of where he is at times I think.. But I could be wrong

I'm not exactly sure what the problem is but it's really noticeable. He lacks quickness and length so he has a really small margin of error.

I'm not exactly sure what the problem is but it's really noticeable. He lacks quickness and length so he has a really small margin of error.
Totally agree when you lack size and quickness you have to either anticipate or 'guess' right a lot for him to look good. I'd rather he force a jump shooter (especially good ones) to put it on the floor and take a tough 2 pt shot contested by our bigs than just have a smooth catch and shoot 3. That goes for the whole team as a strategy not just singling him out.

Latest posts