'19 In-State PG Tyreke Locure Talks Increased Iowa Interest

I don't hate Bohannon at all. I actually really like him and think he would be great in a role off the bench. I just don't see us making the Sweet 16 or anything if he's playing 30+ minutes per game. You just can't hide him on defense for that long of period especially against good teams

In all fairness; JBo is the type of player that you live with his short comings because his talents at other things is too great. Seriously, JBo will be the best shooting in America, if not this season, but by next. I've not seen a kid with such a repeatable, easy flowing jumper from range. Personally, I'd like to see JBo spend at least half his minutes at the 2 running off 3 screens for wide open (layup) 3 pntrs. If Daily comes on, he and Williams could share the pg spot for 20+ minutes a game and allow JBo to snipe from the sg for 15 minutes a game. I really see this kid making 6-9 3's per game. He's that good.

In all fairness; JBo is the type of player that you live with his short comings because his talents at other things is too great. Seriously, JBo will be the best shooting in America, if not this season, but by next. I've not seen a kid with such a repeatable, easy flowing jumper from range. Personally, I'd like to see JBo spend at least half his minutes at the 2 running off 3 screens for wide open (layup) 3 pntrs. If Daily comes on, he and Williams could share the pg spot for 20+ minutes a game and allow JBo to snipe from the sg for 15 minutes a game. I really see this kid making 6-9 3's per game. He's that good.

I'd be very surprised if he was ever the best shooter in America at any point in his career. Bryce Alford was probably the best shooter in college basketball last year ironically but he's got 3 inches on Jordan and teams are going to try to run him off the 3 point line even more this year with Pete gone

I'd be very surprised if he was ever the best shooter in America at any point in his career. Bryce Alford was probably the best shooter in college basketball last year ironically but he's got 3 inches on Jordan and teams are going to try to run him off the 3 point line even more this year with Pete gone

And alford got moved off of the pg spot to the sg. so, apples/oranges on that one. But you could be right or wrong; same with me. But JBo is an elite shooter with a smooth, effortless and repeatable motion and has almost unlimited range. I'll stick by what I stated. Now, if he spends 30 minutes a game at pg, then no way. the key is he has to play significant minutes at the sg.

And alford got moved off of the pg spot to the sg. so, apples/oranges on that one. But you could be right or wrong; same with me. But JBo is an elite shooter with a smooth, effortless and repeatable motion and has almost unlimited range. I'll stick by what I stated. Now, if he spends 30 minutes a game at pg, then no way. the key is he has to play significant minutes at the sg.

Alford was 6 foot 3 though

I don't hate Bohannon at all. I actually really like him and think he would be great in a role off the bench. I just don't see us making the Sweet 16 or anything if he's playing 30+ minutes per game. You just can't hide him on defense for that long of period especially against good teams

How can you say you want him off the bench, especially this coming year. He was Fr. All B1G, he put up 11 and 5 and PG like that play a lot of minutes. His defense needs to improve, but lots of players struggle with D. See McIntosh, Walton and your boys Monte Morris, Naz Long and Donovan Jackson. All defensive liabilities at some point in their career.

How can you say you want him off the bench, especially this coming year. He was Fr. All B1G, he put up 11 and 5 and PG like that play a lot of minutes. His defense needs to improve, but lots of players struggle with D. See McIntosh, Walton and your boys Monte Morris, Naz Long and Donovan Jackson. All defensive liabilities at some point in their career.

His 11 and 5 last year was handicapped by the beginning of the year when he wasn't comfortable yet. By the end of the year he was more like a 13 and 7 player. If he starts the year a 13 and 7 type player, I think I'm ok with his defensive struggles.

Alford was 6 foot 3 though

Larry Bird is 6'9" and Mark Price was 5'11". Great shooters are great shooters. I'd argue that 6'0" would be more agile working through screens than 6'3". Again, you could be right or wrong. I just see elite level shooting talent with JBo.

I think Jordan will be a defensive liability his entire career

Jok was a poor defender which hurt us a lot at times but he was so good offensively it made up for it. Jordan is a worse defender than Jok was unfortunately

Neither one is/was great defensively but I would say Bohannon at least gives more effort on D. Jok just got tired more easily.

Bohannon was maybe a worse defender as a freshman than Jok was as a senior. We don't know how good of a defender sophomore Bohannon will be.

Jok was a poor defender which hurt us a lot at times but he was so good offensively it made up for it. Jordan is a worse defender than Jok was unfortunately
So u say there's a chance ....... jbo can offset his defensive liability as jok did that's what believe but only time will tell but if we learned one thing don't bet against him

So u say there's a chance ....... jbo can offset his defensive liability as jok did that's what believe but only time will tell but if we learned one thing don't bet against him

Pete was a former top recruit because of how good he was offensively and his size. He had a really high ceiling from the beginning. I'm not sure Jordan will get that much better offensively or defensively but I hope he does.

Latest posts