'19 In-State PG Tyreke Locure Talks Increased Iowa Interest

More than likely they offer Locure in the next few months. Perhaps they're hesitant based on his size and that his 3 point shot looks awkward. It looks like he has to take an additional step to hoist it, based on the last vid I watched of him.

But it would be nice to have someone toting the rock with the quicks and handle he has.

Ah yes, the Oliver Martin recruitment strategy.[/

Seemed to work out ok with JBo. Based on Frans recruiting and results, I'll trust him. He recruits good, hardworking kids and I have concerns with Locures attitude and so do coaches. Locure mentioned it himself in an interview he did with Rob that he wants to continue to mature. I'm not convinced that Locure is a sure thing as a D1 talent so my point is why offer if there is character concern.

If Fran feels like he continues to mature and is a D1 talent, he's certainly aware of this kid and
continues to build a relationship so hopefully if we do offer, we'll be in a good position but no need to rush on somebody who I would say at this point is a border line talent based on the offers he has today.

It's definitely debatable because they were really close. Not surprising in a close race a hawk fan will choose his player so you can't blame InGoodCo for choosing Bohannon and you can't blame you for choosing anyone else.

Carr didn't have Jok to rack up unimpressive assists to though. That's why I gave the edge to Carr.

Carr didn't have Jok to rack up unimpressive assists to though. That's why I gave the edge to Carr.

Jok didn't even shoot very good the last half of the year when Bohannon was killing it. If he wouldn't have gotten hurt, Bohannon would have averaged 2 more assists per game.

Tony Carr was the best freshman point guard last year.

Which one do you think is Carr?

MIN: 29.6, FG%: .388, 3P%: .416, FT%: .855, REB: 2.2, AST: 5.1, STL: 0.9, TO: 2.2, PTS: 10.9

MIN: 32.8, FG%: .377, 3P%: .320, FT%: .771, REB: 4.8, AST: 4.2, STL: 0.7, TO: 2.6, PTS: 13.2

Which one do you think is Carr?

MIN: 29.6, FG%: .388, 3P%: .416, FT%: .855, REB: 2.2, AST: 5.1, STL: 0.9, TO: 2.2, PTS: 10.9

MIN: 32.8, FG%: .377, 3P%: .320, FT%: .771, REB: 4.8, AST: 4.2, STL: 0.7, TO: 2.6, PTS: 13.2

Carr averaged 13.2 ppg so the second one is him.

These numbers tell me that the 13.2 guy shot the ball a hell of a lot more than the first guy. The first guy shot way better just less often.

Beginning of the year Carr was better than Bohannon but end of the year Bohannon was way better than Carr.

Fran brought in Bryce Cartwright as a stop gap who played pretty well, then he recruited a 4 year starter at PG that was a Parade All American 4 star recruit. He holds the single season assist record and is 4th all time in school history in assists. He followed that guy up with last years All B1G Frosh PG - the narrative that Fran can't recruit a PG makes me laugh at all you.

Yes. He was a better defender, has more upside and played on a worse team. He was the focal point of the defense while Bohannon got to rack up unimpressive assists

What happens when his assists go up this year without Jok? Unimpressive or not?

My guess that Jordan's assist, minutes and points go up this season without Jok.
Yes. He was a better defender, has more upside and played on a worse team. He was the focal point of the defense while Bohannon got to rack up unimpressive assists

Wait... didn't PSU have better talent then Iowa last season according to you? Wasn't it just Rutgers that we were maybe better then?

I think his assists will go down this year actually.

I don't. I bet your likely one of the only people on the planet who knows anything about Iowa basketball that thinks that and it's been proven OVER AND OVER that you literally have no idea about Iowa Basketball. So, grain of salt or something.

I don't. I bet your likely one of the only people on the planet who knows anything about Iowa basketball that thinks that and it's been proven OVER AND OVER that you literally have no idea about Iowa Basketball. So, grain of salt or something.

I think PC said he thought his assists would go down too.

Latest posts