Possible Candidates

Bring back O'Keefe for the remainder of the season.
He knows the offense and probably many of the personnel.
Win out.
FBS story of the year!

I’ll assure you of this…he’ll absolutely never be hired as an nfl qb coach or offensive coordinator in his lifetime. And that’s the entire point of this…minus the nepotism
Maybe not in the NFL but he's pretty young and the coaching community in the NFL and college is very incestial. I am willing to put some money down on it if you'd like that he'll be coaching for quite a while at some level. I mean, most people didn't think a guy like Rich Rodriguez or Scott Frost would get another HC job... they are /were wrong. People said that Bobby Diaco was done after he was at Nebraska and literally couldn't stop a cold on defense during his time at NU. They were wrong. Remember Ron Zook at IL and what a laughing stock he was? Still coached another decade.

Things end badly for a lot of coaches whether that be as HC's, like Saban in Miami or Matt Ruhl in Carolina - and even more so with positon coaches. Like, it goes WAY bad right? They're bums and worthless to their fan base when their times ended at where they are and as fans we are all a little close to this one and like to use words like "NEVER" and "ASSURE" and that's well and fine, it doesn't make it true. Redemption stories in football are a dime a dozen

Last edited:
Maybe not in the NFL but he's pretty young and the coaching community in the NFL and college is very incestial. I am willing to put some money down on it if you'd like that he'll be coaching for quite a while at some level. I mean, most people didn't think a guy like Rich Rodriguez or Scott Frost would get another HC job... they are /were wrong. People said that Bobby Diaco was done after he was at Nebraska and literally couldn't stop a cold on defense during his time at NU. They were wrong. Remember Ron Zook at IL and what a laughing stock he was? Still coached another decade.

Things end badly for a lot of coaches whether that be as HC's, like Saban in Miami or Matt Ruhl in Carolina - and even more so with positon coaches. Like, it goes WAY bad right? They're bums and worthless to their fan base when their times ended at where they are and as fans we are all a little close to this one and like to use words like "NEVER" and "ASSURE" and that's well and fine, it doesn't make it true. Redemption stories in football are a dime a dozen
When did i say he wouldn’t coach again? I literally said earlier it wouldn’t surprise me and in fact, I expected him to be coaching in the NFL next year

A new OC means (likely) new staff at OL, TE, TE, RB, and QB. That represents a lot of Iowa DNA. This adds to reluctance

For kirk to hire a new OC - with new ideas and turn him lose - he'll be also firing an entire staff. That aint going to happen.

It will be the small game. The easy move. Just hand them the playbook

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/1Be2UPfv4yPPuRBBQO" width="480" height="268" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="
">via GIPHY</a></p>

It’s beyond ridiculous. So are the people calling for Drew Tate or Chuck Long. Those guys might be qualified to be the Wave Coordinator.
After Minny, there will forevermore be zero mention of any "waving"!
"The Wave" has already been changed to "The Point" and any back and forth arm movement will lead to immediate expulsion from Kinnick.

After Minny, there will forevermore be zero mention of any "waving"!
"The Wave" has already been changed to "The Point" and any back and forth arm movement will lead to immediate expulsion from Kinnick.
The stadium fair catch is now America's greatest college tradition!!!