Changes on the horizon...

We might as well get a laugh outta this shit.

Should we start a Deadpool?

Do it. I will fully put on my display of lack of knowledge, foresight, and insight.

I'm calling it now. Bruce stays. Only cause his TikToks are sometimes very Iowa forward. Sometimes not. Overall, he stays. McNamarra will go somewhere other than Iowa. Bazelak's name will then be tossed around, but we'll wind up with Blaine Gabbert's little brother. Which will bring in a junior benchriding receiver from Arkansas and a 2 year redshirt starter from an undisclosed MAC team.

Also, Kai Kroeger will come to Iowa, despite the fact that Tory Taylor ALSO wasn't nominated for the Ray Guy Award, Iowa understands punting. And since Kroeger got screwed out of the Ray Guy nominations just like Taylor, he might as well get to sell some "Punting is Still Winning" tee-shirts at Raygun.

Nobody on the offensive line will enter the portal. Iowa will pick up a large man from Texas Tech who lost his starting job at tackle to injury last season.

Do it. I will fully put on my display of lack of knowledge, foresight, and insight.

I'm calling it now. Bruce stays. Only cause his TikToks are sometimes very Iowa forward. Sometimes not. Overall, he stays. McNamarra will go somewhere other than Iowa. Bazelak's name will then be tossed around, but we'll wind up with Blaine Gabbert's little brother. Which will bring in a junior benchriding receiver from Arkansas and a 2 year redshirt starter from an undisclosed MAC team.

Also, Kai Kroeger will come to Iowa, despite the fact that Tory Taylor ALSO wasn't nominated for the Ray Guy Award, Iowa understands punting. And since Kroeger got screwed out of the Ray Guy nominations just like Taylor, he might as well get to sell some "Punting is Still Winning" tee-shirts at Raygun.

Nobody on the offensive line will enter the portal. Iowa will pick up a large man from Texas Tech who lost his starting job at tackle to injury last season.
Didn't McNamara just have somewhat major knee surgery, 2 weeks ago??
He won't be ready for any team until August, maybe....

I argued sometime early in the season that it was not too late to save this train. Iowa has so many positives and a couple of huge negatives. If the program made RADICAL moves to address the negatives, this thing should totally be salvageable.

No radical moves thus far. How late it too late, with regard to saving this thing? I feel like things have to happen before the bowl game, at the very least.
I agree. Iowa has some challenges (recruiting in a low population state is one), but it also has huge advantages (insanely loyal fan base, finance, history of solid program).

They should be able to pivot and make changes but it's almost like KF says "FU" and does what he wants. So, I'm not holding my breath. unfortunately.

Didn't McNamara just have somewhat major knee surgery, 2 weeks ago??
He won't be ready for any team until August, maybe....

Like I said....

"Fully display my lack of knowledge, foresight and insight....."

I've said before, my sports takes are like how I play darts. If I'm ahead at the end of a game of darts, with two darts left needing just one bullseye to win.....I will get the attention of everyone nearby and let them see me close my eyes and turn my head from the board as I throw the last dart.

It's a brilliant move. If I hit it (which is rare, but does happen on occasions) I look like a brilliant mastermind.
When I miss, it's so expected I'll miss, that everybody shrugs and ignores my nonsense. It's a brilliant tactic. All the glory, with no risk.

I approach my sports takes and predictions the exact same way. Since 99% of sports predictions are blindly throwing a dart, I just goose it up a bit with a little extra nonsense.

I agree. Iowa has some challenges (recruiting in a low population state is one), but it also has huge advantages (insanely loyal fan base, finance, history of solid program).

They should be able to pivot and make changes but it's almost like KF says "FU" and does what he wants. So, I'm not holding my breath. unfortunately.

Hence my earlier comment.
There are players in the portal that will find Iowa attractive.

The biggest question is whether Kirk will find THEM attractive. History and even recent statements would lead me to believe "no". But I also think the writing on the wall is so bold that he'll have to more than dip his toes in the water.

No, I just don't think losing a WR who only had a few flashes and was hurt all season is a huge loss. Everyone is freaking out, and that's fine - Iowa could be just fine, the fact is neither of us know.
Ya, look how wrong we were about Charlie... Good call.

Here he is: 1669926877844.png

No, I just don't think losing a WR who only had a few flashes and was hurt all season is a huge loss. Everyone is freaking out, and that's fine - Iowa could be just fine, the fact is neither of us know.
giphy.gif

Bruce took a lot of punishment for a guy who only caught 19 passes. Physically, he got beat up. I'm sure at some point he had a Ricky Watters "for who, for what" moment among a tight circle of family and friends. You could see in his body language, a guy that was super frustrated. It will not be a shocker at all if he is in the portal Monday.

Double team with a stacked box.
One of the things that frustrates me the most is Iowa's ongoing inability to exploit defenses who throw the kitchen sink at the line of scrimmage.

I think we saw Michigan blow up anOSU last week when OSU did it. I was like "huh", interesting.... it can be done.

One of the things that frustrates me the most is Iowa's ongoing inability to exploit defenses who throw the kitchen sink at the line of scrimmage.

I think we saw Michigan blow up anOSU last week when OSU did it. I was like "huh", interesting.... it can be done.

You see this at the line of scrimmage so the QB needs to be able to audible into a play that takes advantage of those blitzes.

Hmm I'm gonna guess a kid like Bruce could be apt to look around. He was from Kansas originally right? Hell KSU and Kansas both have been playing good ftball and more exciting O if he had either of them in mind....

The kid I really don't want to see leave if I could put a franchise tag on him would be our RB Kaleb Johnson. I have a feeling he showed enough that other schools are gonna be illegally recruiting and tampering with him.

I forgot about the most obvious one in Keegan Johnson. Just saw he's gone. No surprise there either.

Did you stop watching Kansas after about the 5th game?