Changes on the horizon...

hawkdrummer1

Buzz on another site that some news is coming. Sound like some losses on the offensive side of the ball. We'll see

Hmm I'm gonna guess a kid like Bruce could be apt to look around. He was from Kansas originally right? Hell KSU and Kansas both have been playing good ftball and more exciting O if he had either of them in mind....

The kid I really don't want to see leave if I could put a franchise tag on him would be our RB Kaleb Johnson. I have a feeling he showed enough that other schools are gonna be illegally recruiting and tampering with him.

I forgot about the most obvious one in Keegan Johnson. Just saw he's gone. No surprise there either.

Last edited:
not surprised... the mud is starting to slide down the hill and the program is moving closer

Buzz on another site that some news is coming. Sound like some losses on the offensive side of the ball. We'll see

Keegan is gone. And I wont be surprised if Arlan is gone too. Things are not going to get better for the forseeable future.

I'd like to thank Kirk Feretnz for hs callous disregard for offense and inability to spot offenisve coaching talent and subborn insistance on hiring his incompetent son.

Last edited:
Bruce will be gone. KState is the probable destination.

Word is the staff is expecting 6 offensive departures

Last edited:
I'll throw a dart at the board and make a pure guess that someone in the RB unit is leaving. We seem pretty stocked at RB yet we're receiving a visit from Arlen Harris Jr. this week apparently.

December should be interesting.

This is college football now. And it should not be shocking to anyone to see someone leave the program. What’s not ok is to not embrace the portal. If this coaching staff does not hit the portal hard this off-season I’m afraid this program is doomed.

This is college football now. And it should not be shocking to anyone to see someone leave the program. What’s not ok is to not embrace the portal. If this coaching staff does not hit the portal hard this off-season I’m afraid this program is doomed.
Doomed you say! I thnk you're right. This is the landscape. And Iowa isnt attractive for offense so they will struggle to attract dudes who can play winning football.

Keegan is gone. And I wont be surprised if Arlan is gone too. Things are not going to get better for the forseeable future.

I'd like to thank Kirk Feretnz for hs callous disregard for offense and inability to spot offenisve coaching talent and subborn insistance on hiring his incompetent son.
It's not going to end well for KFz.

Not surprised either, but this one really stings. He was my favorite recruit of his class and is a rare talent.

I've come to expect that players dealing with lingering injuries have a strong chance of moving on. It's almost as if they negatively associate the injury experience with the program itself, and seek a fresh start.

Either way, its too bad. I won't be surprised at all if he plays at the next level. It will be interesting to see whether or not Bruce joins him. By all accounts, they are pretty close.

FWIW, Tom Kakert on his HawkeyeReport podcast placed Iowa getting McNamera at 85-90%.
Really.... He say what he's basing that on? He talked to anyone close to him or something? I just wish he wasn't coming off major knee surgery and I'd be way more on board with this.

Because it gets discussed ad nauseum and every recruiting/transfer thread derails into it, keep the "I hate NIL and it's ruining college sports because X, Y, and Z" in a separate thread if you want to rant.

Whether we like it or not, it's here to stay and it's going to get brought up more and more.

I'll throw a dart at the board and make a pure guess that someone in the RB unit is leaving. We seem pretty stocked at RB yet we're receiving a visit from Arlen Harris Jr. this week apparently.

December should be interesting.
Liestikow said the RB room will be shrinking, he's usually right. I'm guessing we lose 2 guys and that's why they're going after the kid from Sanford.

Latest posts