Changes on the horizon...

CL also said we are probably losing 2 more WR other than Keagan but won't give names until they announce.

My guess is Vines (I've heard he was super close to Copeland who's getting fired), and Bruce.

And regarding Bruce...

I was at every home game this year which is really the only way to see it happen, and Bruce was WIDE open and not even targeted easily 40 plus times. I mean it was fucking criminal. The last couple drives of the nebraska game he had paydirt in front of him multiple times but nope.

How the hell could you blame him if he wants to transfer?

Keagan is gone. Dang! Lots of changes need to happen. I'm not renewing season tickets if BF stays. I know my feelings and minimal investment of time and money don't matter, but I won't travel to see the complete de-evolution of this depressing coaching situation.

Keagan is gone. Dang! Lots of changes need to happen. I'm not renewing season tickets if BF stays. I know my feelings and minimal investment of time and money don't matter, but I won't travel to see the complete de-evolution of this depressing coaching situation.

I argued sometime early in the season that it was not too late to save this train. Iowa has so many positives and a couple of huge negatives. If the program made RADICAL moves to address the negatives, this thing should totally be salvageable.

No radical moves thus far. How late it too late, with regard to saving this thing? I feel like things have to happen before the bowl game, at the very least.

Chad Leistikow

1h
I hope when Iowa has players go into the portal on Monday, folks understand that eventually new players will also come into the program via the portal. That's how it works, and rest assured the Hawkeyes will be active. We've seen evidence already of that.

Good advice
https://twitter.com/SkinnyKenny_

And regarding Bruce...

I was at every home game this year which is really the only way to see it happen, and Bruce was WIDE open and not even targeted easily 40 plus times. I mean it was fucking criminal. The last couple drives of the nebraska game he had paydirt in front of him multiple times but nope.

How the hell could you blame him if he wants to transfer?
Not necessarily on Petras. I get the idea he is like a perfect boy scout. Want's to please. Golden Retriever. KF's ideal QB. It is possible that the coaches for whatever reason didn't want that. Wadley in 2017 had 20 carries in a smash of OSU and 8 the next week against W for an offense that netted 66 yards.

Coaches want what they want. Ironically the best QBs under KF have been exactly the opposite in personality and he reluctantly played them.

I'm not sure where to put Stanley though who was more of a Golden Retriever and not really sure how to categorize him on success. Stats...yes. Wins OK. I know what my eyes saw though.

Not necessarily on Petras. I get the idea he is like a perfect boy scout. Want's to please. Golden Retriever. KF's ideal QB. It is possible that the coaches for whatever reason didn't want that. Wadley in 2017 had 20 carries in a smash of OSU and 8 the next week against W for an offense that netted 66 yards.

Coaches want what they want. Ironically the best QBs under KF have been exactly the opposite in personality and he reluctantly played them.

I'm not sure where to put Stanley though who was more of a Golden Retriever and not really sure how to categorize him on success. Stats...yes. Wins OK. I know what my eyes saw though.
It was a combination of Padilla not seeing him and not having enough time to throw in the nebraska game.

CL also said we are probably losing 2 more WR other than Keagan but won't give names until they announce.

My guess is Vines (I've heard he was super close to Copeland who's getting fired), and Bruce.
Copeland getting fired??? For what??? Because Brian is incompetent?? Because we had a qb who couldn’t throw the ball where he needed to? A qb who would throw short, throw out of bounds, or take a sack and completely miss a wide open WR down field???

For Keagan & Bruce they know that Charlie Jones was their backup last year, now he's 1st team All BIG Ten, so if they don't have a lifelong love of the Hawks, I do not blame them for wanting to find a better situation.

RB, I would assume 1 if not both Williams leave. They have to know Johnson is #1 going forward and Patterson is just a Freshman too.

To me the 3 that are must keeps are Proctor, X, and Kaleb Johnson. You hate to see WR's or backup RB's leave, but their production can be replaced. These 3 however would be bad losses for Iowa from a production and image of the program perspective. Any of those 3 leaving and it will look like the program is imploding.

Copeland getting fired??? For what??? Because Brian is incompetent?? Because we had a qb who couldn’t throw the ball where he needed to? A qb who would throw short, throw out of bounds, or take a sack and completely miss a wide open WR down field???
No. He's getting the boot for his media day interview where he talked about how hard it is to recruit WRs at Iowa.

It was a combination of Padilla not seeing him and not having enough time to throw in the nebraska game.
That's what I saw in the IL game. All Petras could see were IL linemen.

I still think KF is so out of touch he didn't want any QB to see them.

KF's vision of the pass.
1669920124239.png

No. He's getting the boot for his media day interview where he talked about how hard it is to recruit WRs at Iowa.
Poor kirky and bri bri got their toes stepped on then? Boo hoo. How about you get your head out of your butt Kirk and figure out how to play offense. And here’s a clue, your baby boy isn’t the answer

Latest posts