Nate Stanley Definitely Back in '19

Last time I checked, the first day of the NFL draft held how many rounds? Oh yeah...it has 2 rounds. Kinda strange that the NFL didn't take your advice and have the first 10 or 15 picks on day 1 and the 'also rans" on day 2. Do they not value your opinion on this or were you in an area with poor cell coverage when they called?

When you finish 44th in something, do you consider yourself a high contender for the top no matter the number of participants? Guess what, you're not.

When you finish 44th in something, do you consider yourself a high contender for the top no matter the number of participants? Guess what, you're not.
You do realize there's over 200 picks in the NFL draft, split between 32 teams? They're not "placing" 44th any more than the team who "places" with the first pick.

The top 2 rounds are for polished, high upside guys, who will likely contribute early.

I've said before that Stanley's head game is holding him back. Read and react is not any easy thing. Every single person on earth over estimates themselves on some level. Stanley is no different. Stanley is also not wrong that he will get a shot at the pro's. Whether or not he is ever successful is a debatable topic and pure speculation. Stanley is not the first and will not be the last QB given a shot in the NFL with questionable head game.

As he is he will not get the same shot as Wadley.

He has next year to honestly assess what he needs to work on, if he will.

I find the whole thing....his interest and his coaching to be troubling.

Our best qbs largely figure it out on their own and buck the system.

Last time I checked, the first day of the NFL draft held how many rounds? Oh yeah...it has 2 rounds. Kinda strange that the NFL didn't take your advice and have the first 10 or 15 picks on day 1 and the 'also rans" on day 2. Do they not value your opinion on this or were you in an area with poor cell coverage when they called?

FYI, since 2010, the first night of the NFL draft is Thursday night and only one round. 2-3 rounds on Friday, and 4-7 on Saturday.

You do realize there's over 200 picks in the NFL draft, split between 32 teams? They're not "placing" 44th any more than the team who "places" with the first pick.

The top 2 rounds are for polished, high upside guys, who will likely contribute early.
That's fine, still not a high draft pick if you're getting picked in the 2nd round. Sorry....

Bob Sanders was not a top college football player? Bob Sanders was not a top NFL Safety? Whatever you say, dimwit. Lol.
2X 1st team NFL All Pro
2X Pro Bowl Selection
NFL Defensive Player of the year.
SuperBowl champion.
Yep.......that 44th place finish SUCKS!!!
You can't make this stuff up.

Bob Sanders was not a top college football player? Bob Sanders was not a top NFL Safety? Whatever you say, dimwit. Lol.
2X 1st team NFL All Pro
2X Pro Bowl Selection
NFL Defensive Player of the year.
SuperBowl champion.
Yep.......that 44th place finish SUCKS!!!
You can't make this stuff up.

This has nothing to do with players names it has to do with position being picked.

being picked in the 2nd round IS NOT A HIGH DRAFT PICK. I don't know wtf you're going on about

McCann’s best year was his senior year. Banks’ best year was his senior year. Chandler’s best year was his senior year. Christiansen didn’t make it to senior year. Stanzi’s best year was his senior year. Tate was injured his entire senior year. Vandenberg had to go thru a whole new offense his senior year. Rudock didn’t make it to senior year. Beathard had no one to throw to his senior year.

I’d say QBs have done alright their senior years under KF...

But none of that goes with the narrative....

I expect NS to have a solid senior year, not easy if he loses his two NFL caliber TE's, but I still expect a good year.

I'm rooting for NS to have a great Senior year. I expect he will work hard to do so based on what I've seen, read, and heard about him and his character.

He struggled at times this year, notably vs. PSU. But he also made great throws, calls, and plays, none of which get remembered, not surprisingly.

He potentially will lose 1, if not 2, huge weapons or safety blankets. And Easley was pretty dang dependable. This, and a tougher schedule on paper, will be a challenge..

Let the kid sling it, early and often.

The returning QB ....by nearly every measure is very very average ...and who has some real shortcomings,

Is head and shoulders above the guys on the bench.

- Its an Iowa thing.

If anything it makes me question his football IQ.
I'm not questioning his IQ, probable be a grad student, I'm having more issues with his check down speed and his usual indecision to run or pass. He is probably one of least mobile QB's in Iowa history. When he misses on screens, wide open receivers, and throws it into coverage, it only reinforces the constant blitzing we are seeing. That won't change unless he makes them pay for bringing the house, he did that last year because he had a back that could take it to the house on any play. I would love to see a real QB competition this spring, as I'm sure Peyton will seek greener pastures. I doubt that will happen. Hopefully our backs and wide-outs will be better and Stanley blossums into a complete QB. Hope is a requirement to be a Hawkeye fan.

Yeah....you don't know much. Thanks.
9vpDtKB.gif

I am actually kind of shocked he didn't seek an evaluation from the NFL. What could possibly be the downside in seeking outside opinions on what your shortcomings are?

does not compute.

The truth.

Fun fact. Bob Sanders was the 44th draft pick.
Fun fact about that. Baltimore GM Ozzie Newsome, who didn't have a first round pick that year, had pick #51 in the second round and wanted Sanders bad. He started working the phones to trade up. New Orleans at #49 wasn't interested. San Francisco at #46 was. Newsome was about to comensurate the deal with the Niners when word came across that Indianapolis was picking Sanders at 44. San Francisco asked a silent Newsome if something was wrong. He quietly muttered back that "they just took my guy."

Could you imagine a Ravens defense with a safety tandem of Bob Sanders and Ed Reed? Ben Roethlisberger may still be chasing a Super bowl ring.

It wouldn't take Sanders long to finish first in something. But that's just one example. Drafts are still an inexact science and in many cases a crapshoot.

Latest posts