Nate Stanley Definitely Back in '19

NS is a fine college QB. There is no shame in being that. I expect he'll play better next season but there's no guarantees. He'll likely be without his top 3 targets, so his accuracy could continue to suffer due to lack of familiarity with his new targets. And the schedule is much tougher. I'm rooting for him, obviously.

Are you joking? If THAT pre-season hype prevented him from perfoming in the big games then he will never have the mental makeup for the next level.
And STONE-AGE game plan does not help. Outback Bowl who does not know first play?BB tonite. Connor and JoeW pleasant surpries.Shame about Cordell. When On great attitude. Will wait and hope.Go Hawks!

Bummer, I was hoping for a fun Hawkeye season next year. Guess I can look forward to horrible interceptions and overthrown wide open receivers and tight ends and a whole lot of dumpoffs and checkdowns to pad the stats.

With that being said, obviously I hope he improves and does good for Hawkeye Football successes sake.

Just guessing WR talent level, OL talent level and RB talent level take huge jumps at NFL level. WRs that got better moves and can go get the ball, not as many drops, etc. Accuracy is helped by improved talent level surrounding him too. Remember when Ben Roethlisburger threw 4 picks against the Hawks. He was accurate though I guess.

Just guessing WR talent level, OL talent level and RB talent level take huge jumps at NFL level. WRs that got better moves and can go get the ball, not as many drops, etc. Accuracy is helped by improved talent level surrounding him too. Remember when Ben Roethlisburger threw 4 picks against the Hawks. He was accurate though I guess.

Agreed. The level of play at all positions in the NFL is better. QB development in the league is an unpredictable beast though. Nate has all the physical tools. He has the Size, speed and arm strength. It's all between the ears from here on out. I want to believe that O'Keefe can improve the kids head game with another year.

Stanley doesn't appear to be consistent enough yet to be a starter for any team that is not desperate. That could literally click at any moment though. Either way I believe the kid makes a team no doubt. He gets a few years to figure it out. Look out NFL if he ever does.

Agreed. The level of play at all positions in the NFL is better. QB development in the league is an unpredictable beast though. Nate has all the physical tools. He has the Size, speed and arm strength. It's all between the ears from here on out. I want to believe that O'Keefe can improve the kids head game with another year.

Stanley doesn't appear to be consistent enough yet to be a starter for any team that is not desperate. That could literally click at any moment though. Either way I believe the kid makes a team no doubt. He gets a few years to figure it out. Look out NFL if he ever does.

I agree that Nate has seemed nervous or rushing things at times, and at other times his internal clock needs to speed things up and not try to hang in pocket for 6 seconds.

If I were a QB I would be watching a ton of Manning / Brady film to watch their timing and mechanics in getting ball out. Kurt Warner was great at that also.

McCann’s best year was his senior year. Banks’ best year was his senior year. Chandler’s best year was his senior year. Christiansen didn’t make it to senior year. Stanzi’s best year was his senior year. Tate was injured his entire senior year. Vandenberg had to go thru a whole new offense his senior year. Rudock didn’t make it to senior year. Beathard had no one to throw to his senior year.

I’d say QBs have done alright their senior years under KF...

Now take out how many of those guys Sr years were their ONLY year starting.....

Trubiskey is off on his accuracy a fair amount. Not saying Nate is a Trubiskey but even some NFL starters are not super accurate.

But I agree with what you say and if Nate can go from 57% to 65% that will be a big jump.

Trubiskey is an athlete. Trubiskey makes plays. There is no comparison between these QBs except lack of accuracy.

Iowa QB told us today that he spoke with KF and KOK and decided not to request an evaluation from the NFL Draft Advisory Board.
I'm sure everyone is absolutely shocked by this. Clearly Nate is overestimating his abilities if he had to ask KF and KOK whether or not he should get an evaluation. I'd think he would know he isn't NFL material. He is the equivalent of a pitcher that throws 99 mph, but has absolutely no idea where the ball is going.

The film doesn't lie. Nate left alot of throws out there this year. I hope he focuses on footwork and accuracy over the summer. If he adds more consistency to his accuracy...Iowa's going to be a tough out for any of the top teams on their schedule. Our defense will keep us in every game next year.
He has been in the program 4 years, you don't all of a sudden develop footwork and accuracy at this stage of a career. He simply doesn't have it. He has a strong arm, and is big. That is it.

McCann’s best year was his senior year. Banks’ best year was his senior year. Chandler’s best year was his senior year. Christiansen didn’t make it to senior year. Stanzi’s best year was his senior year. Tate was injured his entire senior year. Vandenberg had to go thru a whole new offense his senior year. Rudock didn’t make it to senior year. Beathard had no one to throw to his senior year.

I’d say QBs have done alright their senior years under KF...
Yeah, and none of these guys were as inaccurate, or unable to make the simplest of throws either.

For Stanley to think it was a possibility doesn't show a lot of football smarts or maturity.

Yes, Nate has to know that 57% completion rate in college will not translate will to much tighter windows in the pros.

He definitely has to be putting the ball spot on in most situations next year to look good.

He has been in the program 4 years, you don't all of a sudden develop footwork and accuracy at this stage of a career. He simply doesn't have it. He has a strong arm, and is big. That is it.

You can with the right coaching. Nate may have a mechanical flaw that no one is working with him to correct or has even mentioned. I remember hearing about Namath, Marino etc that the ball comes up quick behind their head and they throw it right past their ear. Maybe Nate loops the ball up behind him and gets it in the wrong position.

And he sure should be able to improve his footwork with 1000s of reps

How in the hell does any of this reflect upon his maturity?

Dont know what you dont get. Maturuty involves accurate self assessment. He doesnt see the field and lacks finesse. Way over estimate of his oen ability. Some on here like to gripe about the current ribbon generation.