Nate Stanley Definitely Back in '19

Dont know what you dont get. Maturuty involves accurate self assessment. He doesnt see the field and lacks finesse. Way over estimate of his oen ability. Some on here like to gripe about the current ribbon generation.
There's a difference between knowing your own flaws and shitting all over yourself. I'd want my QB to have confidence in his own abilities and a desire to reach the next level based on his play.

This has absolutely nothing to do with "ribbon generation", you just wanted another way to gripe about Stanley.

There's a difference between knowing your own flaws and shitting all over yourself. I'd want my QB to have confidence in his own abilities and a desire to reach the next level based on his play.

This has absolutely nothing to do with "ribbon generation", you just wanted another way to gripe about Stanley.

I dont blame him at all about his Hawk shortcomings

Why wouldn't he think it was a possibility when NFL draft "experts" have been saying he was one of the top QBs for this draft? Why don't you rip on those people instead of a college kid who is responding to their claims?

I'm sure you were just a great dad ridiculing your kids for their immature and brainless dreams.

Who were these experts?
I remember McShay said it. He's an expert? Who else?

He's like number 9 out of the 10 qbs they evaluated. They only evaluated 10 guys. Christ McShay was saying he was #3 during the whole PSU game when Stanley was absolutely melting down. If Stanley is such a great prospect, and he was playing this year with two tight ends that are going to get drafted high, then why does Stanley and our offense look so bad?

If Stanley is such a great prospect, and he was playing this year with two tight ends that are going to get drafted high, then why does Stanley and our offense look so bad?

I don't think you know what a high draft pick is. I'll give you a hint. It's not late first round 2nd round or 3rd round picks.

Dont know what you dont get. Maturuty involves accurate self assessment. He doesnt see the field and lacks finesse. Way over estimate of his oen ability. Some on here like to gripe about the current ribbon generation.

Your mistaking maturity for wisdom sir. For if maturity is based on accurate self assessment then your own maturity as almost every poster in this forum (including myself) is severely in question.

He has been in the program 4 years, you don't all of a sudden develop footwork and accuracy at this stage of a career. He simply doesn't have it. He has a strong arm, and is big. That is it.

Aaron Rodgers changed his throwing motion, particularly how he holds the ball so it could get out quicker, during his first year at GB from what it was at Cal. He struggled year 1 in preseason games to a guy who played well in relief by year 3 and was a league MVP by year 6. Point is you absolutely can develop at age 21 and beyond.

Now it must be pointed out that Rodgers is a far better athlete with a far superior arm than Nate Stanley and he actually had a coach who knows how to develop QBs at a professional level helping him.

The big question is whether or not there is anyone on this staff that can properly teach him how to develop those skills. Chuck Long pointed out his mechanics issues early this year. Has anyone on the staff noticed it? Could they do anything about it if they have?

Your mistaking maturity for wisdom sir. For if maturity is based on accurate self assessment then your own maturity as almost every poster in this forum (including myself) is severely in question.

You are splitting hairs young padawan.

I've mentored a lot of teens and college students over the years, some on athletics including against some players we've watched Iowa play the past few years

Give me a young person eager to learn but underestimates himself over one who way overestimates and I can pretty much predict success. Thinking he was in the mix is way overstimating. He has Earl Morrall type of skills but not the footbalk IQ. Also think he's been injured.

He needs a good mentor coach which doesn't happen at Iowa. Greg Davis was probably the best they've had in recent years, if he mentored CJ.

I don't think you know what a high draft pick is. I'll give you a hint. It's not late first round 2nd round or 3rd round picks.
1 and 2nd round picks are high draft picks. There are 7 rounds.
Round 1 - high pick
Round 2 - high pick
Round 3 - middle pick
Round 4 - middle pick
Round 5 - middle pick
Round 6 - low pick
Round 7 - low pick
If an NFL team drafts you in the 1st or 2nd round, they are expecting a starter. Most teams are picking you to fill an immediate need.

Aaron Rodgers changed his throwing motion, particularly how he holds the ball so it could get out quicker, during his first year at GB from what it was at Cal. He struggled year 1 in preseason games to a guy who played well in relief by year 3 and was a league MVP by year 6. Point is you absolutely can develop at age 21 and beyond.

Now it must be pointed out that Rodgers is a far better athlete with a far superior arm than Nate Stanley and he actually had a coach who knows how to develop QBs at a professional level helping him.

The big question is whether or not there is anyone on this staff that can properly teach him how to develop those skills. Chuck Long pointed out his mechanics issues early this year. Has anyone on the staff noticed it? Could they do anything about it if they have?
It's one thing to point out mechanical flaws and attempt to coach the player to change those flaws. It's another thing entirely for a player to put in the right kind of work to correct those flaws. I struggle with kids and their shooting form (basketball), every year. Most never, ever change their shots.

1 and 2nd round picks are high draft picks. There are 7 rounds.
Round 1 - high pick
Round 2 - high pick
Round 3 - middle pick
Round 4 - middle pick
Round 5 - middle pick
Round 6 - low pick
Round 7 - low pick
If an NFL team drafts you in the 1st or 2nd round, they are expecting a starter. Most teams are picking you to fill an immediate need.

The first 10 are the high draft picks quit fooling yourself.

I've mentored a lot of teens and college students over the years, some on athletics including against some players we've watched Iowa play the past few years

Give me a young person eager to learn but underestimates himself over one who way overestimates and I can pretty much predict success. Thinking he was in the mix is way overstimating. He has Earl Morrall type of skills but not the footbalk IQ. Also think he's been injured.

He needs a good mentor coach which doesn't happen at Iowa. Greg Davis was probably the best they've had in recent years, if he mentored CJ.

I've said before that Stanley's head game is holding him back. Read and react is not any easy thing. Every single person on earth over estimates themselves on some level. Stanley is no different. Stanley is also not wrong that he will get a shot at the pro's. Whether or not he is ever successful is a debatable topic and pure speculation. Stanley is not the first and will not be the last QB given a shot in the NFL with questionable head game.

The first 10 are the high draft picks quit fooling yourself.
Hmm...take YOUR word for it....or take every NFL GM's word for it? That's a tough decision. Do I have to answer that right now or can I take some time over the holidays to think about it?

Hmm...take YOUR word for it....or take every NFL GM's word for it? That's a tough decision. Do I have to answer that right now or can I take some time over the holidays to think about it?
Pick 44 in the draft is NOT a high draft pick. It's really that easy. Good teams don't have high draft picks unless they trade for them. BAD teams have high draft picks

I've said before that Stanley's head game is holding him back. Read and react is not any easy thing. Every single person on earth over estimates themselves on some level. Stanley is no different. Stanley is also not wrong that he will get a shot at the pro's. Whether or not he is ever successful is a debatable topic and pure speculation. Stanley is not the first and will not be the last QB given a shot in the NFL with questionable head game.

It all comes down to this. Guys with "average" arms have had great careers because they could see the field and read things. Others with great physical talent have washed out because that wasn't enough...many of them drafted in the 1st round.

Pick 44 in the draft is NOT a high draft pick. It's really that easy. Good teams don't have high draft picks unless they trade for them. BAD teams have high draft picks
Last time I checked, the first day of the NFL draft held how many rounds? Oh yeah...it has 2 rounds. Kinda strange that the NFL didn't take your advice and have the first 10 or 15 picks on day 1 and the 'also rans" on day 2. Do they not value your opinion on this or were you in an area with poor cell coverage when they called?

Latest posts