Nate Stanley Definitely Back in '19

RobHowe

Administrator
Iowa QB told us today that he spoke with KF and KOK and decided not to request an evaluation from the NFL Draft Advisory Board.

The film doesn't lie. Nate left alot of throws out there this year. I hope he focuses on footwork and accuracy over the summer. If he adds more consistency to his accuracy...Iowa's going to be a tough out for any of the top teams on their schedule. Our defense will keep us in every game next year.

I am very pleased that Nate is returning, as I expected. He is in no way ready for the NFL. But, I have seen the light turn on full blast in the senior year for a lot of Iowa players. I still think Nate has the skill set to be a very strong QB for the Hawks next fall. And frankly, even the fact that he has two years as a starter under his belt, puts him above a lot of other teams' QB's in 2019. Like any player, Nate has some weaknesses that need to be addressed. I think he is smart, committed, and recognized by his team as a leader by example. Good stuff. I do think he will play in the NFL down the road.

The film doesn't lie. Nate left alot of throws out there this year. I hope he focuses on footwork and accuracy over the summer. If he adds more consistency to his accuracy...Iowa's going to be a tough out for any of the top teams on their schedule. Our defense will keep us in every game next year.

Trubiskey is off on his accuracy a fair amount. Not saying Nate is a Trubiskey but even some NFL starters are not super accurate.

But I agree with what you say and if Nate can go from 57% to 65% that will be a big jump.

The game simply has not slowed down for NS, and after 2 years as the starter one has to wonder if it ever will slow down enough for him to reach a higher level. Personally, I’m not all that optimistic and expect to see a similar NS next year. He is a serviceable QB with zero clutch in his arsenal.

For Stanley to think it was a possibility doesn't show a lot of football smarts or maturity.
Why wouldn't he think it was a possibility when NFL draft "experts" have been saying he was one of the top QBs for this draft? Why don't you rip on those people instead of a college kid who is responding to their claims?

I'm sure you were just a great dad ridiculing your kids for their immature and brainless dreams.

Those expecting Sr yr to be the best yet....see KF history of QB play as they progress in age. Sr year tends to be a downer.

McCann’s best year was his senior year. Banks’ best year was his senior year. Chandler’s best year was his senior year. Christiansen didn’t make it to senior year. Stanzi’s best year was his senior year. Tate was injured his entire senior year. Vandenberg had to go thru a whole new offense his senior year. Rudock didn’t make it to senior year. Beathard had no one to throw to his senior year.

I’d say QBs have done alright their senior years under KF...

Why wouldn't he think it was a possibility when NFL draft "experts" have been saying he was one of the top QBs for this draft? Why don't you rip on those people instead of a college kid who is responding to their claims?

I'm sure you were just a great dad ridiculing your kids for their immature and brainless dreams.

Well, actually mine are pretty successful. Talking heads talked about it. Honestly, he had to know. Screen passes are part of the NFL. He can't screen.

His accuracy would improve if he learned how to put some type of touch on the ball. It almost looks like he is trying to show the world what a gun he has instead of just making sure he makes the play. Half the time he doesn’t step into his throws and hurries the process. If he doesn’t figure this out by his senior year he never will.

Latest posts