You guys are draining

How many times has Iowa pulled an upset in the last 10 years? As fans you ask that the players to never quit, and say things like "character shows up when the chips are down". Yet here you all are all doom and gloom WITH A GAME IN TWO DAYS!. Every game counts, every game is important.
I get where we are at. I have watched what has happened. I see a team that needs a ton of work, but I also see a team that puts on the pads and goes out and gives it all they have, for nothing more then the love of it. What do any of us devote that much time to, for nothing more then the love of it? (except Vin and his post count)
Bashing is not going to help. If you want a coach gone email Barta or who ever. But these kids deserve better then to be bashed on.
When all the men went to war, the women stepped it up and went to work. I know that was a different time and a different generation, but come on society can not be so bad that we cant even man up like those women of yesteryear did. Put on your big boy fan face and get back to the Iowa attitude of never quit and lets go see if we can will this team to a W. Break the rock. Punch it threw. Make the Huskers hurt and truly bleed red.

Please dont remind me of the 2010 team. Cuz many of you are acting just like them.

Hopefully you were at the game like I was...I don't know that people are down on the players as much as the coaches. This a mismanaged football team no doubt about it and until idiots like you pull your head out we'll be right back to winning 2 games per season and you'll still be ridiculing fans becaue the kids get out and play hard. This isn't Jr. High football Nancy it's big business no matter how much you don't want to admit it. It's W's versus L's and we aren't getting it done.

This isn't Jr. High football Nancy it's big business no matter how much you don't want to admit it. It's W's versus L's and we aren't getting it done.

Ding, we have a winner!

Today in Kansas City, the Chiefs dropped to 1-10 and went yet another game without making it into the end zone. Fans have responded to the ineptitude with a grassroots movement, wearing black shirts and paper bags over their heads, and flying banners high above Arrowhead Stadium calling for the firing of GM Scott Pioli (who is coincidentally good friends with KF). It's not that they don't love their team, they're just that fed up with the way the organization is being run.

I understand that I'm comparing college to pro, though anymore the differences between them are becoming blurred. But I see a very similar situation with the Iowa program that I do with the Chiefs, poor management leading to poor on-field performance. And I believe that as long as you are paying good money for this product, you have a right to be dissatisfied with it and voice your opinion accordingly.

Well a couple of days after the game I'm wondering what everybody is eating. Looks like old dude was closer with his optimism than a great many on this board. By the way, I just finished a plate of crow and I'm going back for seconds.

Well a couple of days after the game I'm wondering what everybody is eating. Looks like old dude was closer with his optimism than a great many on this board. By the way, I just finished a plate of crow and I'm going back for seconds.

I know everyone is hurt, but they act like a kid crying over a toy they want in wal-mart. Only problem is, they dont even know what toy they want, just that they want one.
This years team was very young and yet were in some close games, they made great strides thru the season. They were really not far off from a few calls or plays going the other way and having a different season. In other words they were not as bad as everyone was making them out to be. All that said I am glad they came up short. It shows them there is a lot of work to be done and used correctly that can be rocket fuel to get a fire going. All that is hope for me and is only up to them , but I also hope we come out next year ready to roll and just pizz pound anyone in the way.
Next year Iowa gets back to big boy football and the road is going to be tough. We have to work harder then our opponents. We have more ground to make up.

Doc, it is hard being an optimist. I have thought many times in my life about how I am and what that has meant. I mean if I never quit and I am on the wrong road, that could be a very bad thing, but pointed in the right direction people like me are hard to stop.
I find reasons to be optimistic. I mean the coaches and kids played a good game the other day and it really could have been ugly. They really did not have much to play for, except to show they are not quitters and I think they showed that. For that I am optimistic.

How many times has Iowa pulled an upset in the last 10 years? As fans you ask that the players to never quit, and say things like "character shows up when the chips are down". Yet here you all are all doom and gloom WITH A GAME IN TWO DAYS!. Every game counts, every game is important.
I get where we are at. I have watched what has happened. I see a team that needs a ton of work, but I also see a team that puts on the pads and goes out and gives it all they have, for nothing more then the love of it. What do any of us devote that much time to, for nothing more then the love of it? (except Vin and his post count)
Bashing is not going to help. If you want a coach gone email Barta or who ever. But these kids deserve better then to be bashed on.
When all the men went to war, the women stepped it up and went to work. I know that was a different time and a different generation, but come on society can not be so bad that we cant even man up like those women of yesteryear did. Put on your big boy fan face and get back to the Iowa attitude of never quit and lets go see if we can will this team to a W. Break the rock. Punch it threw. Make the Huskers hurt and truly bleed red.

Please dont remind me of the 2010 team. Cuz many of you are acting just like them.

Hey Old Dude, I like your approach. I'm also old, old enough to remember WW2. I was 12, & I am also old (but not very dudy} enough to remember the glory of the Evachevsky days (never could spell that guy's name), and suffered through the years (many) between he and Fry. The problem with your post is that I've found very few posters on HN that give a damn about Hawk history. If it happened before they were old enough to be watching the Hawks, they don't give a hoot. Their only thoughts about us have to do with those of us who complain because we'd like to see the game & the people in front of them want them to sit down. Or at least quit swaying back and forth so we can't see around them. (Bet I get crucified for that).

I know everyone is hurt, but they act like a kid crying over a toy they want in wal-mart. Only problem is, they dont even know what toy they want, just that they want one.
This years team was very young and yet were in some close games, they made great strides thru the season. They were really not far off from a few calls or plays going the other way and having a different season. In other words they were not as bad as everyone was making them out to be. All that said I am glad they came up short. It shows them there is a lot of work to be done and used correctly that can be rocket fuel to get a fire going. All that is hope for me and is only up to them , but I also hope we come out next year ready to roll and just pizz pound anyone in the way.
Next year Iowa gets back to big boy football and the road is going to be tough. We have to work harder then our opponents. We have more ground to make up.

We had a QB who was so lost and horrendous that his numbers were worse than a bunch of second stringers at other B1G schools...and curiously, Iowa was the only team in D1 who played only one QB all season. To summarize, our QB was sucking epically, and therefore we gave no one else a shot. If that doesn't cause you some level of concern about the "leadership" of this program, by God I don't know what could.

We had a QB who was so lost and horrendous that his numbers were worse than a bunch of second stringers at other B1G schools...and curiously, Iowa was the only team in D1 who played only one QB all season. To summarize, our QB was sucking epically, and therefore we gave no one else a shot. If that doesn't cause you some level of concern about the "leadership" of this program, by God I don't know what could.

Oh I am not going to go out of my way to defend GD. Thing is, if KF sees this for what it was, how on earth do you ever say sorry enough times to Vandy? Vandy is not a bad qb, even without a talented wr.
I can not go full bore on what I think of the O's problems, because that is not my side of the skin and it would not be fair, because I would be talking out my arse.

A couple points here..
1. Exactly where did you see improvement as the season progressed?
2. We were in some close games because our schedule was among the easiest in the country.
3. Our team was no younger than most.
4. Yes, we could possibly have won a couple more games (with a little bit of coaching) but we also could have just as well been 2-10.
5. Next year? Everyone on here hopes they come out and "pizz pound" every team they play. The odds of that happening are slim and none. Much tougher schedule. I hate to be a pessimist but I think 4-8 next year is about as good as we can expect, unless we have been hiding a great talent at the qb spot.

I hope I am wrong.

My prior post to Old Dude was in jest, my dry sense of humor was lost. I obviously appreciate the effort these young football players are giving and abhor many of the posters denigrating the team and its players.

I think most of the criticism here is leveled at the coaching. (and rightly so)

I think it is ok to criticize the "play" of the team also, unless it becomes viscious and personal. Nobody complains when people are blathering all over the players when they win..It works both ways. This is "big time" sports, and criticism when things don't go well comes with the territory.

Latest posts