Xavier Foster Announcement

I've heard from people on both sides on this one claiming he's heading to their school. I honestly don't know.

Grandfather played at Iowa. Hawkeyes were first to offer. Girlfriend is at Iowa State. Cyclones are putting more players in the NBA.

IMO Iowa would be a pretty ideal setup for Xavier....

Kriener will be gone, Garza will be a senior. Xavier should be able to ease his way in right behind or beside Garza and then take over after that.

It can't be denied that ISU is more athletic and has been more successful recently, but they also don't really play true centers either that I can remember. At least Fran has some history there with Woody and Garza. Not sure what thats worth...if anything at all.

The GF thing is a massive wild card, but his family seems level headed enough for that.

TWO enter the transfer protal before the season even starts!? That is MSU bad. It definitely does not look good for any program.

IMO Iowa would be a pretty ideal setup for Xavier....

Kriener will be gone, Garza will be a senior. Xavier should be able to ease his way in right behind or beside Garza and then take over after that.

It can't be denied that ISU is more athletic and has been more successful recently, but they also don't really play true centers either that I can remember. At least Fran has some history there with Woody and Garza. Not sure what thats worth...if anything at all.

The GF thing is a massive wild card, but his family seems level headed enough for that.
Honestly I think XF and his crew view him more as a power forward than a center. He’s not a banger down low, at least not right now. He’s more of a finesse player.

On his last visit to Iowa they pitched him on playing alongside with the wide bodied Ogundele, who is still undecided.

I do think Iowa sets up great. I think Pemsl and Kriener will both be gone, but Nunge and Garza will still be around. Whether he starts or not he won’t be asked to do more than he can as a freshman. I think that’s also good because although he’s rated pretty high, I don’t expect him to be a big time impact guy as freshman. He will be solid and do some nice things if he’s on a good team, but he isn’t carrying a team at the B1G level.

FWIW, I reached out to Ogundale and Sibley last week for the latest on their recruitment. Neither guy responded.

That Sibley article sounded promising. Certainly more good things said about Iowa and he is getting close to a decision.

Latest posts