Xavier Foster Announcement

No, it is weird. There is zero reason why there isn't one All-NBA white American NBA player and there are a half dozen All-NBA Euros.

Said it earlier, but its likely due to the way youth sports are managed in the USA. Its for-profit. Its all about winning, not about development. Its about coaches getting sponsorships and endorsements from shoe companies. its all about money and who can afford to send their kids to academies and pay for their travel.

Euro ball preaches fundamentals, jump shots, passing, teamwork etc. USA ball is all about hero ball. Give the ball to your best player. Its the same thing with USA youth soccer...its about money and winning rather than development.

Kevin Love and Gordon Hayward were fortunate in that their parents had money and means and both their dad's played in the NBA.

Let me just state that I could care less what color the players are, I just want to win. But I have to admit I'm getting a little concerned about the recruiting when I'm seeing the basketball team get more whiter and whiter. Maybe I'm concerned over nothing, it just seems odd.

Having said that I don't think the whiteness of the team had anything to do with why XF chose the clowns over the Hawks. I'm disappointed he didn't pick Iowa but I wish him well and hope Fran can land another player to replace him.

There are genetic difference in different races the exactly same way there are genetic differences in dog breeds. Treating people different because of those differences is what's racist. Not acknowledging that those differences exist.

You're right, I agree 100%. I just don't think that's what's going on here. Or I don't believe so, anyway.

I think people just simply want better basketball players on our teams, and some people think that black players are going to be better. If our teams were all black, would they be more athletic? Yeah, probably. I don't think it's racist whatsoever to point that out. As you say, there are genetic differences. It's just a fact. Would they be BETTER, though? Not necessarily.

Athleticism sure can help, but in the end, it still comes down to basketball skills IMO.

No, it is weird. There is zero reason why there isn't one All-NBA white American NBA player and there are a half dozen All-NBA Euros.
There are plenty of reasons.

Just like how there are plenty of reasons why with think our American white wrestlers are ridiculously good, and then we get to the Olympics against Europeans and find out they’re actually just kinda okayish.

More money thrown at it, more quantity of training, that training gets put above all else from an early age, and it becomes their full time job.

They get a government paycheck to train and compete. None of those guys have the distractions or any other bullshit to take time away from training that we do in the states.

His statement that I was emphasizing was about the fact that Fran can't recruit. I didn't quote it because of Maishe Dailey.
Fair enough.

That's splitting hairs though, since he was referring to Dailey as an example in the moment.

Overall, I agree. I've been more than critical of McCaffery's recruiting over the years. I don't believe it's due to lack of effort. He puts in the leg work. For whatever reason, he just struggles to close the deal.

And Matt Thomas. And Deonte Burton. And THT. And Monte Morris. And Shayok. Just to be clear.

Developing a NBA player is a joke. Give Lickliter Dukes roster and he "develops" talent pretty dang well. Prohm didn't "develop" anything in THT, he is just an athletic freak. Giving Prhom credit for THT is like blaming him for Wigginton.

Same goes with Fran and Tyler Cook. Tyler ultimately couldn't develop a consistent outside game. That isn't Fran's fault. Tyler just ultimately didn't have that part to his game, because he just doesn't have that ability to hit a 15' jump shot.

Xavier is free to attend whatever college he wants. If his bottom line come down to he thinks Prohm can get him to the NBA, he is delusional. Xavier will determine if Xavier gets to the NBA. If he has the ability he could have developed that at Baylor, Provedence, Va Tech, Iowa or ISU. No coach has a magic ticket to give players enough ability to play in the NBA.

This kid's mother said the NBA thing was a "piece of the puzzle."

The kid said it came down to his strong relationship with the players at ISU.

I'm sure Foster's relationship with ISU players, the Hilton atmosphere compared to the Carver library, the girlfriend, NBA aspirations, and the town's water all played a role in his decision. We were facing an uphill battle the whole time.

I'm sure Foster's relationship with ISU players, the Hilton atmosphere compared to the Carver library, the girlfriend, NBA aspirations, and the town's water all played a role in his decision. We were facing an uphill battle the whole time.

I completely overlooked the water angle, that was obviously the clincher.

From what he said today, he broke up with the girl from ISU that he was seeing.

Ironically, when he was dating her, he said he was up in Ames every weekend. And that's when he bonded with the Cyclone players.

Life comes at you fast.

a1f74baf97c5285be5cff44c39a42c59.jpg

From what he said today, he broke up with the girl from ISU that he was seeing.

Ironically, when he was dating her, he said he was up in Ames every weekend. And that's when he bonded with the Cyclone players.

Life comes at you fast.

That's how I know Foster is going to end up really good. With Iowa's luck, they aren't going to lose out on a recruit because he got close to another team while seeing a girl, yet is no longer seeing her, unless that recruit ends up good enough to haunt them for a long time.

That's how I know Foster is going to end up really good. With Iowa's luck, they aren't going to lose out on a recruit because he got close to another team while seeing a girl, yet is no longer seeing her, unless that recruit ends up good enough to haunt them for a long time.

Revenge!

HaluskaStinson.0.jpg

Fran has had a few hits (Woody, Gesell, Cook, Garza, etc) but far too many misses Cant deny that for a second

I do think his sons really hurt his recruiting right now though, and thats 100% a problem of his own making. Other coaches can use that against Fran and I'm sure they do all the time.

I do think Fran desperately needs an assistant who can actually recruit though. If I'm a recruit and Sherman Dillard rolls up to my house in a bowtie, yeah no thanks.
Woody was a hit?
That's a joke, right?

Latest posts