Xavier Foster Announcement

At least we made his final 2. Just remember this:

If you shoot for the moon and miss, you'll land among the stars...

...or orbit around the bubble for 10 years. Sorry, can't remember exactly how that quote goes.

Girlfriend Power!!
Kid from the town I live in enrolled at Northwestern a couple years ago to golf on scholarship (Orange City NAIA school). Girlfriend starts missing him at Iowa State so he drops NW and enrolls at Iowa Central to get gen eds done, golf, and be closer to her. She decides to transfer to Iowa, he says F it and applies there, the idea being they'd live together...but Iowa doesn't accept him because he's college hopping (this is all the same year). So...he comes crawling back to NW who also tells him to kick rocks. Now he's at NCC doing generals and the former girlfriend is hooked up with a young guy who farms around Solon.

Don't feel bad though, this kid is an entitled douche bag. He got ejected from a baseball game his junior year and told the umpire (not me) that he could buy his house if he wanted.

Hope he does well, except for one game anyway. Be a good story line if Garza is still around next year........

Iowa Hawkeye sports, just competitive enough to give ya hope, but not competitive enough to boast about. Fran lost Carton and Foster and IMO it parallels Lafrentz and Collison for Davis. It spelled the end. Losing them to KS is one thing, losing guys to ISU and TOSU is another. Fran is coaching for his job every year for me. Get in the dance, survive and advance. Don't and I want a change. I can't endorse firing a guy who's going to the NCAA's...but you have to wonder if he can continue that with letting the best players in the state go somewhere else. I'm guessing he can't.

Now if we can only get Nunge going.

On a serious note I'm not writing him off after one game. But he is so key for us. He can be a matchup nightmare.

Smart choice. ISU is a far better basketball program and has been for decades.

Decades?

I think a lot of people forget the wasteland that Wayne Morgan and Greg McDermott were at Iowa State. Hell even Natty Light Eustachy only made 2 tournaments in 5 years. Fred Hoiberg really did a number at that school...and then left them for the Bulls and Nebraska LOL

Disappointing; however, players go to the NBA, not schools. If you're good enough, you can get to the NBA wherever you go to school. Good luck to the kid at ISU. He'll win a lot of games at ISU. And, if he's good enough, he'll go to the NBA. The horizon for the Iowa program just went a little lower.

Well after the pages upon pages of Cyclone fans saying that Foster is no better than a 3 star recruit and that he's a less talented version of Conditt and he wouldn't be big loss at all, after it looked like Foster was maybe going to pick Iowa, it should be hilarious seeing them backtrack on those comments at least.

Iowa Hawkeye sports, just competitive enough to give ya hope, but not competitive enough to boast about. Fran lost Carton and Foster and IMO it parallels Lafrentz and Collison for Davis. It spelled the end. Losing them to KS is one thing, losing guys to ISU and TOSU is another. Fran is coaching for his job every year for me. Get in the dance, survive and advance. Don't and I want a change. I can't endorse firing a guy who's going to the NCAA's...but you have to wonder if he can continue that with letting the best players in the state go somewhere else. I'm guessing he can't.
Davis could have driven to LaFrentz' games in about two hours.

Williams had to fly into, I don't know, Prairie du Chien? Then pick up a car rental? Have you ever seen Prairie's "airport"? Davis didn't get LaFrentz because he was too lazy ro recruit him.

Decades?

I think a lot of people forget the wasteland that Wayne Morgan and Greg McDermott were at Iowa State. Hell even Natty Light Eustachy only made 2 tournaments in 5 years. Fred Hoiberg really did a number at that school...and then left them for the Bulls and Nebraska LOL

I should have been specific. 3 decades, 90s-today

NCAA Tournament wins
ISU 16
Iowa 11

NCAA tournament Sweet 16 appearances
ISU 4
Iowa 1

NCAA Elite 8 Appearances
ISU 1
Iowa 0

Conference championships
ISU 2